Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 892, 893, 894 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

AircooledHome, very nice.

BTW I love all the previous comments Wink you guys crack me up!

AircooledHome wrote:
Speaking of bullet hole busses.. Got the call on this yesterday. Picking it up soon, apparently its got the engine and title.. Ive never seen someone try to make their splitty look like a bay though.. only the other way around. haha

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
redbug64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

This thread is almost at the bottom. I can’t stand it. Here is a recent find that I’m still working on.. I guess it’s ok to post since I spilled the beans at cabin fever 😜

1954 Standard Beetle
1965 Firetruck Red Double Cab
1975 Porsche 911
1984 Rabbit L
1988 Scirocco 16v
Random Toyota daily drivers because winter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

^^^Get that one !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

redbug64 wrote:
This thread is almost at the bottom. I can’t stand it. Here is a recent find that I’m still working on.. I guess it’s ok to post since I spilled the beans at cabin fever 😜

The paint looks great. Typical repair work and get that thing running down the road. Save it dude.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Is the rotten wooden boat on the roof covering 8 little holes and one big one? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Is the rotten wooden boat on the roof covering 8 little holes and one big one? Wink

Edited: Ignore me! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bally on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:

That's what I was hoping/thinking. The responsible thing to do of course is to save the bus and the boat- they're a set now that should not be separated.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

redbug64 wrote:
This thread is almost at the bottom. I can’t stand it. Here is a recent find that I’m still working on.. I guess it’s ok to post since I spilled the beans at cabin fever ��

Too bad the owner "Just likes to look at it"..... Confused

Good to see you Saturday Jason, let me know if you finally get that 13, you can use my Trailer if you need one.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Not a whole bus but did get most of the interior for my so23. Thanks so much to Ryan in Springfield, I owe you one. Still Have a lot of wood work and refinishing to do. Sorry my phone takes horrible pics

earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Today was a good day. Finally brought this one home. The previous owner is a great guy and I am so thankful to own it. It has some neat history which I will share when I have more time.

zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow Eric. My dream.... congratulations
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
Today was a good day. Finally brought this one home. The previous owner is a great guy and I am so thankful to own it. It has some neat history which I will share when I have more time.

That truck is awesome. Congratulations
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Way to go Eric.. Make my find look like reheated left overs..
Nice looking double!
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Way to go Eric.. Make my find look like reheated left overs..
Nice looking double!

Anytime you find missing pieces from am early westy its a great day! I know from firsthand experience. Congrats.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

gotta love the high hinge crewcabs

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Eric stellar score on the early double. Love it.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Easy catch...hunting in a garage..nice find

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

buseric wrote:

Get some bus 15inch wheels and paint them and the bumpers to match the front emblem and that double cab is done. Beautiful!! dreams made off this!
Thanks for the congrats on the early westy parts find. Wish my project was as easy as yours Wink
Also is that a pointed rear bumper? Shame on you
fix that too. man if that was all I needed to do I would be so happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

buseric wrote:

Score! Looks really nice.

It has a 59-61 Deluxe door panel too, instant rebate!

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Willeye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Not a whole bus but did get most of the interior for my so23. Thanks so much to Ryan in Springfield, I owe you one. Still Have a lot of wood work and refinishing to do. Sorry my phone takes horrible pics

You're welcome, Adam. Free'd up some space in my garage and glad that stuff is going to another bus. I'd been storing it for many years. Nice not to have to ship, and do an in person deal too. I guess you figured out where all the pieces go.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 892, 893, 894 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 893 of 990

Jump to: