Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 958, 959, 960 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

kafer60 wrote:

The destination according to the M code plate was Germany.

Great score!!
Pics of the m-code plate??

There are two other so-42 pop-tops with factory belly pans that I know of, I used to own one of them. The one I had was also German delivered, steering lock, walkthru, ambulance fans, gas heater etc.
kafer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
kafer60 wrote:

Great score!!

There are two other so-42 pop-tops with factory belly pans that I know of, I used to own one of them. The one I had was also German delivered, steering lock, walkthru, ambulance fans, gas heater etc.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here you go.
"The hardest part about business, is minding your own"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

kafer60 wrote:
oakman wrote:
kafer60 wrote:

Great score!!

Here you go.

Optioned for belly pans, interesting. US export prep codes, so must have been Tourist Delivery bus. Very cool find.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

kafer60 wrote:

Here you go.

Very cool!

Below is the m-plate from the similar so-42 I had with belly pans:

Thread:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598200&highlight=westy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
oakman wrote:
kafer60 wrote:

Great score!!

Here you go.

Optioned for belly pans, interesting. US export prep codes, so must have been Tourist Delivery bus. Very cool find.

Belly pans is cool, I wonder under what circumstances they did that.

No Ambulance fans on the M-code plate, dealer-added?

Cool find!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
oakman wrote:
kafer60 wrote:

Great score!!

Here you go.

Cool find!

The ambulance fans mentioned are on the similar bus with belly pans that I used to own, the m-plate I posted above belongs to that bus.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Awesome find!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sweet find!

Interesting that it's a Tourist Delivery Westy that did not come painted two tone.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:
Sweet find!

Interesting that it's a Tourist Delivery Westy that did not come painted two tone.

Mine is single color, velvet green.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
oakman wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
Great score!!

Here you go.

Cool find!

I have seen some Canadian delivered buses of random models with belly pans. Of course they are normally on every sunroof and doubledoor bus as well as Binz doublecabs and dormobile topped westies.

Unfortunately, tourist delivery buses don't tell you what dealership they were ordered from. It could be some salesman who thought that they were a good idea and sold them to people who were special ordering buses.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

IMO belly pans are indeed a good idea for just about any bus! Makes them stiffer and less noisy. Cool
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
oakman wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
Great score!!

Here you go.

Cool find!

I have seen some Canadian delivered buses of random models with belly pans. Of course they are normally on every sunroof and doubledoor bus as well as Binz doublecabs and dormobile topped westies.

Unfortunately, tourist delivery buses don't tell you what dealership they were ordered from. It could be some salesman who thought that they were a good idea and sold them to people who were special ordering buses.
YA LIND!! Applause Applause Applause Applause
hgandmc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I dont know where this info goes, I thought here. 2 Stages of the tour de france a red 11 window split has been parked on the mountain stages. Kinda a funny to see as the riders go by.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

hgandmc wrote:
I dont know where this info goes, I thought here. 2 Stages of the tour de france a red 11 window split has been parked on the mountain stages. Kinda a funny to see as the riders go by.

Might be better in this thread. Also, maybe someone has a screen grab of the bus.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68945&highlight=sightings
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

A close friend of the family gave me her split window bus that she got back in college. I have been working with her to get this bus for 10+ years and it happened this weekend, it’s a 60 Mango bus that was converted by a company into a camper in the SF Bay Area in the 70’s. Last reg shows 1982, other than the Jersey look wheel wells and upgraded taillight openings is a solid bus and now part of the family.

It proves two things, they are still out there and there is still good people out in this world. Since there was no way I could just take it for free I made a nice donation to her favorite charity, so hopefully there are some rescue dogs eating good and sleeping on new beds Cool

And one more fact to trip out on, she was a mechanic at a local VW dealership back in 78’ her stories are amazing and very educational.

bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice score, nice story 😊😊😎
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
Since there was no way I could just take it for free I made a nice donation to her favorite charity, so hopefully there are some rescue dogs eating good and sleeping on new beds Cool

You're a good man.
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

still out there!

great story
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Great story, are planning on a open house? With more pics..we love pics

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Walk thru Panel ?? Good story & score.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 958, 959, 960 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 959 of 990

Jump to: