Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

and I a lot of green from a red one!
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

That’s a fantastic Dove blue panel - that dash is to die for!

I’ll vote for a build thread too please 😊😊
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I recently picked up this 61 Kombi with factory safari windows and ambulance fans. Needs lots of love but a cool find for me.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow, nice find!
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Cool. Start a thread on it. Looks like you've already made some decent progress getting it back on the road!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

58slider wrote:

I recently picked up this 61 Kombi with factory safari windows and ambulance fans. Needs lots of love but a cool find for me.

That’s lovely! A great find 😎
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kafer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

bally wrote:
58slider wrote:

That’s lovely! A great find 😎

Since this bus has a St. Louis logo, wonder if it came from Quality Motors?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Cool find on that kombi- sure has potential! Please post up the mcode tag, some interesting options on that one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Good for you 58slider Applause Applause Applause

58slider wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

another beauty found !
Nice
58slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Here Is the M code plate
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

That kombi is pretty sweet,I got to see it a couple weeks before the auction(they wouldn't sell it before the auction ..unfortunately for me)Figured there would be some local vw guys there but not some from TN..I had everything with me to dig it out and load into my trailer....I just didn't have enough $$$$ with me that day. Hope to see you get it back on the road one day .Get all that junk cleaned out and the drivers door re-attached and you'll be good to go😃 also I believe company is still in business there in STL

1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
58slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

The woman having the auction sent me two pictures of the bus and I decided to make the four hour trip up there to check it out on the day of the sale. It wasn’t the easiest to get loaded but that’s half the fun for me.

Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

58slider wrote:

Here Is the M code plate

A tourist delivery Kombi is super rare. I can't recall ever seeing another.
Tourist delivery buses frequently have options, and they got a couple great ones for this bus. The fade is super sweet too.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

How’re the floors and undercarriage on it ?
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yeah tourist delivery, kombi,ambulance fans, safaris,dove blue,logos...pretty rad bus
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
58slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Floors and jackpoints need some attention but nothing to overwhelming. Drivers door is not on the bus but came with it.

Follow me on Instagram @partschasers for updates and such
tjewett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Awesome Kombi! Here's a few I brought home in the past couple weeks. The deluxe appears to have original paint above the belt line and the bumpers were color matched then painted over in white.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

tjewett wrote:
Awesome Kombi! Here's a few I brought home in the past couple weeks. The deluxe appears to have original paint above the belt line and the bumpers were color matched then painted over in white.

Is it dove blue? I have seen a few dove blue deluxes. It is funny that so many special paint single tone buses get two toned. I guess that makes up for all the two tone buses that get repainted single tone.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
tjewett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
tjewett wrote:

Is it dove blue? I have seen a few dove blue deluxes. It is funny that so many special paint single tone buses get two toned. I guess that makes up for all the two tone buses that get repainted single tone.

It appears to possibly have been 2 tone originally but the lower section was repainted a different shade. Top, inside and bumpers look more like a Robin's egg color, nothing like Dove Blue.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 965 of 990

Jump to: