Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 967, 968, 969 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Awesome score, my favorite year bus.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice !! Another Single cab back on the streets. Did it come w/ the gates & TT door ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
mykillcykill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Nice !! Another Single cab back on the streets. Did it come w/ the gates & TT door ??

Thanks! one of two TT doors and 1.5 gates. Someone did some cutting along the way to meet his specific needs. Crying or Very sad You know, it's not charging so cut the louvers so it's easier to change the battery. d'oh!
SawpitVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Found near Durango, Colorado. 1964 E-Z Camper Reply with quote

Finally sealed the deal on this 1964 E-Z Camper a couple of weeks ago. Had been working on this since last May. It appeared on Facebook Marketplace one night. It had been up for 30 minutes. Bombarded them with a bunch of messages. I got no response that night and by the following morning, the listing was gone. Thought I had missed it, but two days later they finally responded. The daughter had listed it for her Mom and she had changed her mind. The daughter and son worked on her to sell it with little contact over the summer. I kept reminding them I was still interested. Finally in early November they called and said she was ready to sell. I ran down there and made the deal before she changed her mind. It had not been on the road since 2008. Her father bought it in 1976 down in Albuquerque where he lived. He used it as an emergency radio broadcast vehicle for running races in Durango, hence all the radio equipment. I believe it spent a lot of time traveling down in Mexico, as it has a second 11 gallon fuel tank and a second spare tire. Also has the external oil cooler and a lot of engine monitoring gauges. He started repainting the bus. Found the original turkis paint under the license plate with some steel wool and graffiti remover. Some metal hammered copper racks and some shelfs built on the bulkhead that I have not seen in other E-Z camper photos. Very little rust as it being a southwest bus. Battery tray is a goner. Passenger rear corner needs to be redone. Once I had it out on the road and was checking my strapping, the neighbor told me they had been trying to buy it for the last eight years! Feel fortunate to have been able to finally pick up a split window bus!
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thank your lucky stars...hope you got it for a good price..
Congrats.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Incredible bus! Looks like it's ready to go on a trip. Cool
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow, great time capsule. Keep posting more photos o the interior ans such as you dig deeper. Lots of cool stuff in there.

I wonder if the bac-o's are still any good?
SawpitVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks! I am very happy with it. I thought I had been priced out of the market for a split window until this one came up. Not sure it is quite ready for a road trip. When I moved it, the tank sloshed around and it smells like I could varnish the wood paneling with what is in the tank! The drum brakes freed up fairly easy with a bit of pushing. I need to go back and pick up the Sapphire 1 from the PO they found after I left. Was hoping they would find the awning but no luck there.

John
Previous VW's
1965 Type 34
1969 Westfalia
1980 Westfalia
1984 Westfalia
1986 Adventurewagon Syncro Vanagon
1987 Quantum Syncro Wagon

Current
1964 E-Z Camper
1995 Eurovan Winnebago Manual
2001 Jetta TDI manual
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

SawpitVW wrote:
Not sure it is quite ready for a road trip. When I moved it, the tank sloshed around and it smells like I could varnish the wood paneling with what is in the tank! The drum brakes freed up fairly easy with a bit of pushing.

13 years off the road, those brakes need your full attention. New soft lines at the very least, and maybe more.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wowza!
Congrats!
Yes, they are still out there!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SawpitVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Winter project is to go through all the systems. Engine seems to turn over easily. Yes, brakes are on the list. All mechanicals will get a full going through. These buses really are still out there! I am a believer now!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

SawpitVW wrote:
Winter project is to go through all the systems. Engine seems to turn over easily. Yes, brakes are on the list. All mechanicals will get a full going through. These buses really are still out there! I am a believer now!

Congrats! She's a beauty for sure! So original and rust free.
Don't forget to change ALL the fuel lines with quality German Braided fuel lines.
You don't want that to burn down.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
SawpitVW wrote:

Congrats! She's a beauty for sure! So original and rust free.
Don't forget to change ALL the fuel lines with quality German Braided fuel lines.
You don't want that to burn down.

I like the Flennor line, good up to 85% ethanol. German braided used to go bad in 6 months with E10.
Awesome score, get it back on the road and enjoy!
thirtyseven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Incredible find Shocked Congrats!
Love those bulkhead shelves, wonder if they were an original Sundial accesory or homemade... very consistent with the rest of the interior.
The long rocker is a dream... this thing is straight!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

...Also please put new "C" or better yet "D" rated load tires on that beautiful Turkis-colored Camper for your (and our) continued safety! I also agree and like the Flennor 5mm braided fuel lines (Belmetric.com) that will stand up to modern day fuel blends. If it was mine, in addition to all four new rubber brake lines as mentioned earlier, I'd be replacing all six of your wheel brake cylinders and the master cylinder with fresh new ones!

You lucky guy!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanadianVWboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Here is our latest rescue and our premier channel that will be dedicated to our beloved busses and hunting adventure here in Ontario, Canada

A January 1956 vw singlecab used as a hunting shed by owner parked since 1969. Join us in this adventure

First video

Link

-69 Brasilia -63 ghia
-69 beetle
Current vws
-54 oval semaphore
-58 lowlight ghia
-60 15w deluxe bus

Last edited by CanadianVWboy on Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yet another begger for their YouTube vids..
Really annoying !
I think it's about time to block this type of activity on the forums.
Posting videos has its purpose, but self promoting should not have a place in the forums.
CanadianVWboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Yet another begger for their YouTube vids..
Really annoying !
I think it's about time to block this type of activity on the forums.
Posting videos has its purpose, but self promoting should not have a place in the forums.

While we understand your sentiments there are people who love to see this busses being rescued and found. We sure are! God bless and more power to you.
-69 Brasilia -63 ghia
-69 beetle
Current vws
-54 oval semaphore
-58 lowlight ghia
-60 15w deluxe bus
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yes we all love seeing busses drug out of the woods and have been doing it for years, and posting pics. But posting like you did to get web traffic on your YouTube channel seems like pan handling. Congrats on your find. Just lately someone else, (not you) has been posting crappy videos and self promoting to get money from his channel. It is getting really old and annoying. Yes a find is cool and you'll naturally get traffic to see the video. Just word it differently so it's not so obvious that you want the web traffic. Or make really crappy videos and post a new one every other day. Sorry I jumped on you for it.
CanadianVWboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Yes we all love seeing busses drug out of the woods and have been doing it for years, and posting pics. But posting like you did to get web traffic on your YouTube channel seems like pan handling. Congrats on your find. Just lately someone else, (not you) has been posting crappy videos and self promoting to get money from his channel. It is getting really old and annoying. Yes a find is cool and you'll naturally get traffic to see the video. Just word it differently so it's not so obvious that you want the web traffic. Or make really crappy videos and post a new one every other day. Sorry I jumped on you for it.

All good man and we know the individual you mentioned. Wink
-69 Brasilia -63 ghia
-69 beetle
Current vws
-54 oval semaphore
-58 lowlight ghia
-60 15w deluxe bus
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 967, 968, 969 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 968 of 990

Jump to: