Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 978, 979, 980 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

sub-hatchtim wrote:
Lol that's my cargo floor
Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I recently picked up this '67 panel with camper conversion .
I have known about from a customer of mine for 8 or so years now but had never actually seen the bus until the day I went to look at it and brought it home.
The guy I know, his sister had it on Dead tour back in the 80s and sold her hand made glass blown kaleidoscopes out of it. I believe it was parked in late 80s early 90s. The property where the bus was stored was being sold, so the current owner was finally ready to let it go

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As found parked behind the sheds on the property that was being sold

Winched it up and onto the trailer with locked up wheels

Got it cleaned out and all four of the brake drums unstuck and some roller tires mounted to its original rims

1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sweet

Any chance you were able to get a Kaleidescape too
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

He is getting in touch with her to see if she might still have any...be pretty cool to have one
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause
And looks pretty straight. Beautiful corners. However I'm confused about what the kaleidoscopes were made out of. Congratulations.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

nice score
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Looks like that 58 westy sold

Wonder where it's going
icekoffee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

sub-hatchtim wrote:
Looks like that 58 westy sold

Wonder where it's going

Nah its safe just sitting in my shop
1958 Patina Beetle EJ25
1984 Vanagon Westfalia EJ25
1964 Lifted Mouse Grey Standard
1967 21 Window
1968 Double Bubble
1969 Westfalia
1961 Ragtop Beetle
1984 GTI
1961 Kombi
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Oh cool, does that mean you're gonna give it a go?
tjewett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Just another sad 61 Mango

BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sheesh ^^^^ .
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yikes. That thing is really, really rough.
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Was it wrecked or has it just collapsed from rust?

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice grab on the mango!
tjewett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

VWAdam wrote:

Unfortunately it was in much better shape before it got attacked by a forklift operator to load it for me. I knew I was in trouble when he asked " how many pieces do you want it in". The front emblem had been with the Bus for over 60 years but managed to be stolen between the time I purchased it and when I picked it up a few days later.
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

tjewett wrote:
VWAdam wrote:

Unfortunately it was in much better shape before it got attacked by a forklift operator to load it for me. I knew I was in trouble when he asked " how many pieces do you want it in". The front emblem had been with the Bus for over 60 years but managed to be stolen between the time I purchased it and when I picked it up a few days later.

Are you going to try and repair it? Seems like an insane amount of work and sorry about the front emblem, that sucks.
Is it a walk thru by chance? I need a pair of original Mango bulkhead panels for a friend.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

tjewett wrote:
VWAdam wrote:

I'd have a hard time not going ballistic about the lifted emblem. Especially when it represents such a chunk of the whole purchase value.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I've had two instances of this, one was a 67 bug that sat intact in a ditch on a farm for a couple decades, the owner of the property wanted it gone so I told him I would come winch it out. When I arrived he had extracted it with a piece of equipment that destroyed the body beyond fixing. The other was a 71 beetle that the seller insisted loading on my trailer by wrapping a strap around both rear bumper brackets, lifting the rear end off the ground and sort of rolling the front up the ramps. Probably the two most stupid things I've seen with regards to loading cars.

Major bummer the emblem got stolen.

tjewett wrote:
VWAdam wrote:

tjewett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

turkis-deluxe wrote:
tjewett wrote:
VWAdam wrote:

Are you going to try and repair it? Seems like an insane amount of work and sorry about the front emblem, that sucks.
Is it a walk thru by chance? I need a pair of original Mango bulkhead panels for a friend.

No chance I'll repair this now. I have too many other Busses in better shape. This one is not a walk through but I do have one of those too, also Mango and equally as ugly. Not sure how easy it would be to ship bulkheads
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

tjewett wrote:
Just another sad 61 Mango

Still lots of good og parts potentially.

You don’t have any recourse on the emblem? That’s BS. After you pay them it “vanishes” before you come to get it ? How convenient. It will probably show up on the classifieds, though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 978, 979, 980 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 979 of 990

Jump to: