Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kelley Park BBQ
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Kelley Park BBQ Reply with quote

Just wondering how many people are going this coming weekend and if there is any interest in a BBQ on Saturday night before? I am about 3 miles from the park and I'm going to have some of the local guys here anyways. Are you comin down Ev? Weigel? Jack? Greg? Russ??? Let me know. PM me if you want directions.

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rusty57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Kelly Park in relation to San Diego? I'd like to cruise there if family is welcomed. Thanks. Hector
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, I'd love to come up but it's too far for me. Glad to see the project going forward.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss tht show so much! Get there early and park inside and BBQ with reckles abandon. I hve had many fun times at the Kelly Park show. I heard that the park is only open to show cars only in recent years, so eneer your ride in 'Best Primer Bucket" class! Twisted Evil

my wonderful loving supportive wife wrote:
You guys are dorks.

1965 1500-S Notchback --"Maggy"
1971 Type 2 Double Cab --"George"
TOOB member #2
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has changed a lot since the earlt days. I have been going there since 88 or 89. The location is great but we cant park on the grass anymore because people were burning out on the lawn on the way in and out. Oil leaking problems as well. But the main reason its different now is because they have limited space to park cars and they changed it to 67 and earlier and I believe 69 and earlier for type 3. I have seen buckets there but they were all early ones. Laughing We will be getting in line about 6AM to ensure spots. It is in San Jose, CA, about 8 hours north of you rusty.

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
M113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

I will be there rain or shine. I want to see the progress on the 63 square Dancing

Ok the 62. I bet you brought a lot of donuts and Starbucks to the CHP to get that falsified year Laughing I know you were ready to throw me under the bus if he gave you the slightest hesitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Joe
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there for the shows but I cannot attend a BBQ due to previous plans.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ChoptopT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank where will you b on the day of the show? My wife and I will be there to get measurements/pics for the resto on her 64 ghia vert.
Just picked up the motor from Martin last week so still no body.
Choptopt3

"Kody" is here born June 11, 2007
4.5 lbs 19.75"
68 Chopped Squareback
64 Ghia vert (wifes car)
2006 Mini Cooper S JCW, it has arrived!!
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at Kelley Park at 6AM. And then maybe an after party bbq here too. Come on by.

SBS #17
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

SBS #17
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

62type3square wrote:
bump

I will be going to Red Barn on friday night, and would be interested in meeting you guys!!!!
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on up. Salinas if still south of here. I am about 3-5 miles from Kelley Park. Saturday night and possibly Sunday night if we get interest either here or at the show.

SBS #17
Itawayoflife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Kelly Park use to be really cool until I saw the city Fire Marshall stomp out somebody's barbeque during the show. The park was starting to look thrashed thrashed before they kicked everyone off the lawns.

I use to have a lot of fun there. Even snuck a keg of El Toro, Poppy Jasper in one year! Very Happy
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex and I will be their selling on Sunday...

if anyone needs anything fragile / odd sized for free delivery at the show from us just let me know

Alex and I will be their selling on sunday

call in your kelly park order or email, prepaid please Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park BBQ Reply with quote

62type3square wrote:
Just wondering how many people are going this coming weekend and if there is any interest in a BBQ on Saturday night before? I am about 3 miles from the park and I'm going to have some of the local guys here anyways. Are you comin down Ev? Weigel? Jack? Greg? Russ??? Let me know. PM me if you want directions.

Sorry bro, Im living large in San Antonio. I just hope to get to the Invasion and pick up my dang car! Have a brew or two for me.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Red Barn on Saturday? or can you camp there like you can the Sac shows? I know Frank, Joe and I will all be heading to both Red Barn and KP.
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park BBQ Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
62type3square wrote:

Sorry bro, Im living large in San Antonio. I just hope to get to the Invasion and pick up my dang car! Have a brew or two for me.

I will have a few for me and a few for you!! Laughing

SBS #17
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIMPPRIDE wrote:
Alex and I will be their selling on Sunday...

if anyone needs anything fragile / odd sized for free delivery at the show from us just let me know

Alex and I will be their selling on sunday

call in your kelly park order or email, prepaid please Wink

What happened to you guys??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. come to think of it I didn't see ISP West at the swap. Were they scared of the rain?
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea unfortunately deadlines... we had to get this L452 paprika red vert painted and a few other loose ends that ended up winning priority over the road trip, so that was the decision to not show...

also its only just about 9 weeks before the classic go figure!

Anthony / ISP WEST

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: