Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Old movies with Split busses.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
put-put...whee!!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The French Connection with Gene Hackman, there is a Sea Blue and White 13 window parked right next to the subway entrance in the chase scene footage.
65 Riviera
66 Deluxe
67 SO-42
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one for you. Sin City. When "Goldies sister" is driving the Porsche spider, Petri steering wheel and all, going to save Jessica Alba. She turns a corner on a step cliff road, and pasts a bus. You have to look pretty hard, but it a bus. Cool
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
I got one for you. Sin City. When "Goldies sister" is driving the Porsche spider, Petri steering wheel and all, going to save Jessica Alba. She turns a corner on a step cliff road, and pasts a bus. You have to look pretty hard, but it a bus. Cool

I saw that recently and I thought I noticed it might have been a Brown on Tan Barndoor Standard, at least it looked to be pressed bumper. It happened so fast I didn't have too much time to get details.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Brown's "Slippery When Wet" (1958). Surfing movie. Red Single cab.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish wrote:

Was that the one from Hobie's shop? Didn't it have logos and wide whites on it, too? Incredibly cool Truck.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the one from Velsie's (sp?) Surf Shop up in San Clemente on what was then coast highway. Near the State park. Yea, the truck was brand new and looked sweet.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
It was the one from Velsie's (sp?) Surf Shop up in San Clemente on what was then coast highway. Near the State park. Yea, the truck was brand new and looked sweet.

OK, Dale Velzy's shop. Me and one of my Bus buddies were drinking beers at a local surf bar here in San Diego years ago and saw that in the movie and freaked out about how nice it was.

///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Fish wrote:

Was that the one from Hobie's shop? Didn't it have logos and wide whites on it, too? Incredibly cool Truck.

I just put that at the top of my Netflix queue. I'll get some screen caps when it arrives and put them in the gallery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that horror movie is called "grotesque" with the vw bus in it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0095256/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
walkerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an adventure of Man From UNCLE where they had panel vans painted olive green, and used them to deliver stuff.
walkerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A first-generation VW bus plays a supporting role in the 1967 film Wait Until Dark starring Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin.

In Forrest Gump, Jenny is seen exiting a VW Bus while living the hippie lifestyle during Forrest's deployment to Vietnam.

In the 2006 Pixar movie Cars (voiced by George Carlin), the hippy van Fillmore is a VW Type 2. Also, Steve Jobs, the CEO and founder of Pixar, sold his VW Type 2 to finance what would become Apple Computer.[1]

In the 1993 Richard Linklater film Dazed and Confused, in the scene where the character Mitch Kramer gets paddled for the first time, a VW Type 2 can be briefly seen in the baseball field parking lot. Other Type 2 VW's are also visible in other parts of the film.

In the movie Dirty Harry starring Clint Eastwood, a Microbus deluxe can be seen clearly on the street before a bank robbery takes place. The second film, Magnum Force, a Bus was t-boned in the film (Eastwood is seen driving a 1972 Ford Galaxie 500 - the car is later blown up by the film's end).

In the movie Ronin there is a military green Type 2 transporting the characters around.

A Bay Window Bus is seen in the Quentin Tarantino film Jackie Brown.

Kevin Costner (Ray Kinsella) drives cross country in a VW Bus to kidnap James Earl Jones (Terence Mann) in Field of Dreams

The movie Little Miss Sunshine centers around a family road trip from New Mexico to California in a yellow second-generation Bus. Alan Arkin also appears in this movie, as do Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell, and Toni Collette.
A black VW Bus with an AC/DC logo on the side is seen the movie Maximum Overdrive, in the scene where a drawbridge opens itself while traffic is still on the bridge.

The 1955 film The Quatermass Xperiment features an early Type 2 (which inexplicably houses a radio transceiver in its engine compartment)

In the movie Back to the Future there is a green VW Bus used by Libyan terrorist to chase the professor and his car-shaped time machine.
walkerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's about busses in songs....

Men at Work's 1982 hit "Down Under" refers to "Traveling in a fried-out Kombi, On a hippie trail, head full of zombie."
C. W. McCall's hit "Convoy" refers to "eleven long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus".
Red Simpson's hit "I'm a Truck" refers to a "Volkswagen bus full of hippies".
Before it spawned the movie of the same name (see below), Arlo Guthrie's song "Alice's Restaurant" was released in 1967. It mentioned a "red VW Microbus" filled with "shovels, rakes, and implements of destruction."
Bruce Springsteen's song "The Angel," from his 1973 album Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J., mentions "Volkswagen vans with full running boards driving great anchors
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, a few screencaps from"Slippery When Wet" (1958):

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cotton Goff plate frame, I don't have that one on the site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mabalot5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know, i know, these arent classic movies but Tomcats has a samba in it, and transformers has a 356 in it.
(21:21:50) vwluver74: nothing wrong with being gay pedro, but it is disturbing when yoiu shove burritos in your ass, flex your kegels and blow it all over your desk
twinwindows: How is it you guys know spark plugs but yet drive turds?
mabalot5150: cause they drive Carlos
twinwindows: lol. fuck you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pumpkinthing wrote:
lenwood wrote:
bullit had several beetles and type 2's in it.

old thread revival.

just saw Bullit on AMC today. i walked in just in time for the sweet chase scene.

there were alot of bugs and busses. if you ever get a chance to see it, take notice that the keep passing the same cars. they passed this one green 68 beetle about three or four times.
bas ass chase scene Very Happy Twisted Evil

Same here. I did get a chance to record it on my DVR and yes I too love the chase scene with the black Charger. Did you see the oval and the early Porsche on the right.
futhark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: How To Make An American Quilt Reply with quote

Dermot Mulroney drives a sweet but slightly beat splitty in How To Make An American Quilt (1995) while courting girlfriend Winona Ryder. It's been a while since I've seen this film and only remember that the bus was something from the '60s, probably a '64-'67.
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'64cal lookdub wrote:

what's this pic from? a movie?
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but it was taken circa 1964 and has a splitty in it. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 46

Jump to: