Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Old movies with Split busses.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

My wonderful wife shared this with me. She saw it on "MTVs Teen Mom OG".

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Miracle Reply with quote

Chad M wrote:
twistedbug wrote:
2004 movie Miracle, with Kurt russell, U.S. hockey team wins the gold medal in the olympics, couple split buses 1 really nice mango, couple bays

I hope he doesn't mind me saying, but that '58 Mango belongs to a Samba member, Stacey Z. Embarassed

My dad was watching Miracle the other day and shows this bus to me. The two-tone pressed bumpers were messing with me until I read that it was Stacey Z's bus. How cool!!

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

I just saw this thread pop up again and I must comment on myself that I once again like the video I posted but just realized the post above it regarding color of the sub hatch has NJ plates and I wish I knew where it is from being I'm in the Garden State. Also wish I had a better copy of the Westy commercial. Speaking of commercials I really like this one too:

Link

LAGrunthaner wrote:

Link

type2rescuemaine wrote:
Just spotted this one in a movie from 1967 entitled "Wait Until Dark." Looks like a 1963 Subhatch camper, anyone have an idea as to what color the paint is?

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

From the movie Jersey Boys.

# 303 and #156

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

I'll have to see that movie now thanks Fish!

Fish wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

If you're going to see it for the bus, you just did. About five seconds, but if you like Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, you'll enjoy the film.

LAGrunthaner wrote:
I'll have to see that movie now thanks Fish!

Fish wrote:

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

Early Turkis split window Rivera camper in S3, E04 of This is us. Jacks brother goes to Vietnam.

Who's bus is it?

# 303 and #156

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

I love those Riviera long windows, it's like having your living room with you every where you go. Way up on my list but never a poptop again, because they are too tall and too much work. I am always keeping my eye open for them and rarely see them listed. This image is from how to id your camper thread and I never realized the Riviera is a panel with the upper vents before. I still love the long window.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99345&highlight=types+campers

Fish wrote:
Early Turkis split window Rivera camper in S3, E04 of This is us. Jacks brother goes to Vietnam.

Who's bus is it?

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
I love those Riviera long windows, it's like having your living room with you every where you go.

I've always thought that too ever since the first time I saw one.
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

I watched the new Johnny Cash documentary on Netflix "Tricky Dick & The Man in Black" and spotted this Lotus White Deluxe in the Tennessee background:
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

"The Other Side of the Wind"
(completed in 2018, production began in the early 1970's)
Currently available on Netflix.

There's a lot of intentional jump-cut edits in "The Other Side of the Wind" so there's no extensive scenes of the various VWs in this film (besides these two buses there was a bug or two, and a Porsche is used for a prominent plot point).
Here, however, are a couple of stills of the two buses.

This film is/was by Orson Wells, but was only just completed and released posthumously in 2018. Filming began for it in the 1970's.
I'm a fan of his work, and found it to be a good film... Here's a wikipedia if you're interested in it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Other_Side_of_the_Wind

crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuggbug wrote:
rebapuck wrote:
Did anyone mention Patch Adams ?

I was watching Patch Adams last night. I saw a green and white kombi at the gazuntite institute. Then I saw Robin Williams riding into town in the passenger seat, toward the end of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psRyTwPHuw&feature=related
at 2:55

my '65 right before it was painted

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

I don't have any fancy screen caps, or even pictures of my TV, but the Alfred Hitchcock presents show episode titled "Coyote Moon" is absolutely incredible. It features a pressed bumper kombi which is a very important part of the story. They even use the fuel reserve as part of the plotline.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
I don't have any fancy screen caps, or even pictures of my TV, but the Alfred Hitchcock presents show episode titled "Coyote Moon" is absolutely incredible. It features a pressed bumper kombi which is a very important part of the story. They even use the fuel reserve as part of the plotline.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5743lf

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Don66bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

That Hitchcock film had the bus driving without windows in the front doors. Is that a habit in warm, dry places? It means you can put your elbow out the door like in American cars of that day.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

Don66bus wrote:
That Hitchcock film had the bus driving without windows in the front doors. Is that a habit in warm, dry places? It means you can put your elbow out the door like in American cars of that day.

Maybe they took them out to get a better shot of the actors inside?
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

vwuberalles wrote:
Don66bus wrote:

Maybe they took them out to get a better shot of the actors inside?

I noticed that too and thought the same - better angles.

I see no windshields too, although I couldn't tell if that was throughout the story or only certain shots, like the shot through the front early in the episode, which appeared like it was on a set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

Was watching some of the latest Mystery Science Theatre 3000 episodes, and this (filmed in 1978) movie, "Killer Fish" staring Lee Majors, was featured.

With fair to good production values, a terrible meandering plot and acting skills/styles all over the map, the opening credits action scene comes to a crescendo with this panel bus being blown to bits.

Likely a Brazilian panel, as the movie takes place in Brazil, and it was filmed there as well.

IMDB:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077800/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

I was going to post up the MST3K pics, but clicked over here and was glad that you did a better job posting the screenshots than I ever could. Thanks. And I cringed when they blew up the bus.

Seriously awful movie with some wasted big name actors. Karen Black was in some great movies, Five Easy Pieces and The Great Gatsby come to mind. WTF was she thinking being in this film????

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Old movies with Split busses. Reply with quote

No reason to cringe. It was dropped in the desert and we know what happened from there.....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Page 33 of 46

Jump to: