Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tire revs per mile?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
camperfan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: tire revs per mile? Reply with quote

Does anyone know the revolutions per mile the bias ply 7.00 X 14 tires make??

I am ready to buy some new hides and cannot find this data on here nor the innernet nor my bently Embarassed can anyone help?? Ron
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure the height of the tire in inches. This is the diameter.
Mutiply this number by pi (3.14159) this will give you the circumference. Convert that number into feet by dividing by 12.
Divide that number into 5280. The result will be the number of revolutions the wheel makes to move one mile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camperfan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: want some new CONTI's Reply with quote

Riff Raff wrote:
Measure the height of the tire in inches. This is the diameter.
Mutiply this number by pi (3.14159) this will give you the circumference. Convert that number into feet by dividing by 12.
Divide that number into 5280. The result will be the number of revolutions the wheel makes to move one mile.

thank you, I will remove the OG spare outta my camper and do that...

was trying to figure which is closer to stock, the continental vanco 8s in 195/14 (797 revs per mile) or the 185/14 (817 revs per mile)..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: