Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas prices where you are
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

$1.97 for regular here.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Back over two bucks in Oklahoma City, paid $2.06 for 87 octane at Sam's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Currently here at Safeway its $2.41 but wait...I am using my points and get $1.00 off of price so a buck forty one for twenty five gallons. They cut off at twenty five gallons. Yes I have brought five gallon cans when needed. Why not pump it out at the cheap price.

That's the best discount I've ever heard of. I'd bring xtra cans too.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Well spring is on it's way, and with it comes excuses like "refinery shutdowns for the changeover to summer blends" and "supply shortages", this morning plain old regular is $4.36 US$ per US gallon and expected to rise even more in the next month.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Supposedly we are now have most expensive gas in the Western hemisphere, not something to be proud of Sad

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Well spring is on it's way, and with it comes excuses like "refinery shutdowns for the changeover to summer blends" and "supply shortages", this morning plain old regular is $4.36 US$ per US gallon and expected to rise even more in the next month.

Supposedly we are now have most expensive gas in the Western hemisphere, not something to be proud of Sad

I would suppose Canadians are not in favor of this. Have you and others been asking your representatives what's going on and to help you out? You know the price of a barrel of oil today has dropped again.

We are paying 2.30 a gallon today, but it's going to drop again very soon. Costco is cheaper and with a Fry's card it's (depending on how many points) it's around 2.15.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:

So to recap...

1) You freeze your ass off for 6-7 months.
2) You pay double per gallon of gas than the USA
3) Not many surviving air cooled VW's due to salt and snow.

Sounds like a great time to call Uhaul and relocate South.. Wink

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:
I would suppose Canadians are not in favor of this. Have you and others been asking your representatives what's going on and to help you out? You know the price of a barrel of oil today has dropped again.

You suppose correctly, yet it's easy to tax things like gas, smokes and beer or anything else that's "bad for you or the earth" but you have to buy anyways. Sadly many younger uninformed voters fell for the young hip handsome candidate who promised to make the world a better greener place without explaining how he'd pay for all those rainbows and unicorns, a massive revenue stream from gas taxes is hard to repeal when you are running a massive deficit already so you get answers like "we are studying that". And a change in government rarely results in any reduction, why kill the goose laying the golden eggs?. There's numerous local and federal taxes tacked on to that gallon of gas , one of my favorites is the "carbon tax" which adds ~$20 to a tankfull yet there's no real explanation of where the money goes. If it was put towards public transit I might consider riding the bus now and then, right now the nearest stop is 2 miles away and you can't get far from there easily in less than a 1/2 day, I'm stuck with a car.

And that oil price angers me even more, our dollar takes a hit every time it drops so it costs more to buy the gas (that was often refined from our oil) from the US refinery a few miles south of the border here, I cross the border and buy the same gas in the US for $3.16 (today) and that's marked up since it's close to the border, the price drops the further South you go. We are a rather unique market since we are hemmed in by mountains to the east and there's only one tiny pipeline supplying crude to one refinery, when that pipe gets busy with commodities for export production scales back and oil companies are forced to buy product from the US, everyone hoses everyone with the consumer taking the hit, grrrr.

Don't think moving hasn't crossed my mind (OMG, I'm starting to sound like my Dad Surprised ), but aside from the rape at the pumps and a few other stupid taxes it's really a nice place to live.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Helfen wrote:

You suppose correctly, yet it's easy to tax things like gas, smokes and beer or anything else that's "bad for you or the earth" but you have to buy anyways. Sadly many younger uninformed voters fell for the young hip handsome candidate who promised to make the world a better greener place without explaining how he'd pay for all those rainbows and unicorns, a massive revenue stream from gas taxes is hard to repeal when you are running a massive deficit already so you get answers like "we are studying that". And a change in government rarely results in any reduction, why kill the goose laying the golden eggs?. There's numerous local and federal taxes tacked on to that gallon of gas , one of my favorites is the "carbon tax" which adds ~$20 to a tankfull yet there's no real explanation of where the money goes. If it was put towards public transit I might consider riding the bus now and then, right now the nearest stop is 2 miles away and you can't get far from there easily in less than a 1/2 day, I'm stuck with a car.

And that oil price angers me even more, our dollar takes a hit every time it drops so it costs more to buy the gas (that was often refined from our oil) from the US refinery a few miles south of the border here, I cross the border and buy the same gas in the US for $3.16 (today) and that's marked up since it's close to the border, the price drops the further South you go. We are a rather unique market since we are hemmed in by mountains to the east and there's only one tiny pipeline supplying crude to one refinery, when that pipe gets busy with commodities for export production scales back and oil companies are forced to buy product from the US, everyone hoses everyone with the consumer taking the hit, grrrr.

Don't think moving hasn't crossed my mind (OMG, I'm starting to sound like my Dad Surprised ), but aside from the rape at the pumps and a few other stupid taxes it's really a nice place to live.

Back in the day we would cross the bridge to Windsor just to buy gas. I would pick up a case of Brador with the money I saved filling up the Suburban. Now you guys can come over here and buy a six pack of Bud Light with the money you save filling up your Toyota. Very Happy

Well, there's no free lunch. You want stuff, somebody has to pay for it. I do support taxing gas instead of income; when you tax something, you discourage it. Better to burn less fuel and create more income.

Last edited by Zeen on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

[quote="busdaddy"]
Helfen wrote:

I know what you mean. I remember when PBS used to have gardening shows and this one house they featured was located in West Vancouver that had a view of the city and Stanly Park and Burrard Inlet. The thing I also remember was this house had a pool ( in fact many houses in the area had pools ) and in this owners magnificent garden the owner was growing a bunch of subtropical plants to my amazement.
Totally different from the Maritime Provinces I was familiar with, which are equally as beautiful, but can get really cold! I remember surfing out on Cape Breton at this really nice cove with lefts and rights on either side of it. Anyroad as I was drying off there was a old man fishing and this boy of about eight or so walks up to the fisherman and says " look at those sailboats way out there " and the fisherman turns to the boy and says " sonny those things way out there are iceburgs " !
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

So we here in San Diego are paying $3.35 a gallon for regular. The same amount that they are paying in Hawaii, which is usually more expensive and a dollar cheaper than you in BC.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

I have to admit that I HATE paying for gasoline. Hate it. All the taxes that the government miss manages. Where the $ is going to other countries that hate us in most cases.

One day I will crack my wallet and get an electric car for the vast majority of my driving and enough solar panels to charge it. It would be a dream to drive by gas stations and give them a middle finger while driving my daily electric car.

I was in San Diego last week and noticed gas was a $1 more per gallon that Phoenix. It's no wonder that so many Californians (including me) left that state the past 30 years.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
I have to admit that I HATE paying for gasoline. Hate it. All the taxes that the government miss manages. Where the $ is going to other countries that hate us in most cases.

One day I will crack my wallet and get an electric car for the vast majority of my driving and enough solar panels to charge it. It would be a dream to drive by gas stations and give them a middle finger while driving my daily electric car.

I was in San Diego last week and noticed gas was a $1 more per gallon that Phoenix. It's no wonder that so many Californians (including me) left that state the past 30 years.

Electric? I wondered about that myself but opted to go cheap just to see if wife and I liked it. Bought a used high mileage Prius for 5 k drove it a year decided we could live with it. Bought a new one for wife, over 60k trouble free miles so far. The high mile 07 has over 320k on it now, one of the cells in main battery went south, cost couple hundred to fix that. Bought a second larger hybrid lexus and we ain’t looking back, fully satisfied with that technology that’s 25 years old now.

As for gas prices people love to complain but haven’t reached a tipping point just yet. When we got over 4 bucks here they started to bail out of the gas hogs but went right back soon as prices normalized. Frankly I like to see higher prices to fix the infrastructure and drive technologies to make more efficient cars and get serious about public transportation. Very Happy
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

I get the public transit. It worked for me as I had a 50 mile one way commute, 100 round trip. Welcome to rural America folks. Car pooled then a regional bus system came in. At sixty bucks a month for the bus service, do the math. Added to my afternoon sleep/power nap. Yes I brought a pillow. The electric plug in vehicles are coal fired cars actually.
Anyway around here $2.38 $2.29 at the cash only gas, and if you want Ethanol free it is $2.64. I do use it from time to time.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

Check the prices of Gen 1 Chevy Volts. Lots of lease turn-ins and a new improved model have driven down used prices, to close to a similarly equipped gas car. The old ones still give you 35 miles of EV range, probably a bit more in California's mild climate. I often go weeks without using any gas, and it gets 40mpg when you have to use the engine. They have turned out to be very well engineered and reliable. With our cheaper gas prices and high electricity prices, running on electric is about half the cost of gas. In California it should have a strong payback, especially with your broad charger network where you can juice up for free.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
So we here in San Diego are paying $3.35 a gallon for regular. The same amount that they are paying in Hawaii, which is usually more expensive and a dollar cheaper than you in BC.

That's because Ca. has added yet another gas tax to the price of a gallon. The have added three tax hikes in the last five years. They have done this when gas prices have fallen so you don't notice the increase. Heaven help you if crude oil prices go over 120.00 a barrel like they were eight years ago.

Don't forget with California, that 51% majority rule to pass legislation ( instead of the old 2/3 majority ) the state now has a GPS pilot program. The program is to tax how many miles you drive and every car will have one ( in case you thought by buying electric you would be left out). With the 2030-40 elimination of diesel and gas powered new cars in Ca. they need the GPS tracking to know how much to tax you owe.
That's one hell of a state to live in.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

Check the prices of Gen 1 Chevy Volts. Lots of lease turn-ins and a new improved model have driven down used prices, to close to a similarly equipped gas car. The old ones still give you 35 miles of EV range, probably a bit more in California's mild climate. I often go weeks without using any gas, and it gets 40mpg when you have to use the engine. They have turned out to be very well engineered and reliable. With our cheaper gas prices and high electricity prices, running on electric is about half the cost of gas. In California it should have a strong payback, especially with your broad charger network where you can juice up for free.

Nothing is free
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:
Zeen wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

Nothing is free

Well, yeah, there is no free lunch. But it's free for me whenever I find a no-fee public charger. So thank you to whoever provided the subsidy. Very Happy
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
Helfen wrote:
Zeen wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

Nothing is free

Well, yeah, there is no free lunch. But it's free for me whenever I find a no-fee public charger. So thank you to whoever provided the subsidy. Very Happy

It's probably in your property taxes
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

So to recap...

And lose my free health care? And gun control? And a decent electoral process?
Nah, I've seen your president on TV. That's a hard pass.

Here on the West coast, we had 2 snow falls this year, which is double the average.
Lack of snow means lots of old VWs here as well.
As for gas I guess it's the price you pay for living in paradise, I s'pose.
Not sure you could pay me enough to move down and be part of your problems.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

So to recap...

And lose my free health care? And gun control? And a decent electoral process?
Nah, I've seen your president on TV. That's a hard pass.

Here on the West coast, we had 2 snow falls this year, which is double the average.
Lack of snow means lots of old VWs here as well.
As for gas I guess it's the price you pay for living in paradise, I s'pose.
Not sure you could pay me enough to move down and be part of your problems.

Good surf on that island!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Jump to:
Page 115 of 200

Jump to: