Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas prices where you are
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElStiemo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Just for curiosity: At the coastal town of Walvis Bay (where all our fuel gets delivered) we are as of next week looking at a price of N$ 14.95 / Liter of ULP 95 (which converts to about US$ 1.016 per Liter) and N$ 14.88 / Liter for Diesel which gives about US$ 1.011 / Liter.

Our Ministry of Mines and Energy has just announced these new prices effective 03 November today, they will be valid for four weeks. Here the price is dictated by the government, the filling stations cannot charge what they like. The price is then increased depending on the region where it is delivered to. The further away from the central coast you live, the more expensive fuel gets. This is now the third substantial increase in as many months.

Mad Sad
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Very interesting to see prices in your country and how the prices are set.

For US people 1 gallon is 3.78541 liters so his price of US$ 1.011 / Liter is:
$3.827/gallon
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

$3.827/gallon

Agreed, that was a very informative post. Gives some perspective to us all.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
EverettB wrote:

$3.827/gallon

It's $1.34 USD per liter for bottom of the barrel regular here, how's that for perspective?, $1.58 US for 94.

I sometimes wish the Government would set prices. Evil or Very Mad

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EverettB wrote:

$3.827/gallon

It's $1.34 USD per liter for bottom of the barrel regular here, how's that for perspective?, $1.58 US for 94.

I sometimes wish the Government would set prices. Evil or Very Mad

That is exactly the perspective I was talking about.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Costco regular $3.04 gallon
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Just paid $3.99.9 for 94 in Oklahoma city.

Stupidly.....$5.00 a gallon will probably be here by Christmas. According to the EIA.....the national "average" rise of a cost of regular gasoline since January 21st, 2021.....has been right at 98 cents.

This being the 282nd day of the year since that point in time.....gasoline has pfetty much steadily risen 0.3475 cents per day. At this rate....63 more days in the year.....it should be up another 23 cents per gallon by Christmas.

But.....thats the national average. If you take out a few states like California and New York and maybe Connecticut whose outrageous fuel taxes and legislative graft cause normal fuel costs that skew the national average.......some regional fuel costs have gone up over $1.40 per gallon since the end of January.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Ray,

As you can see, I'm in California. On 12/31/2020 I paid $2.999 for 87 octane at an Arco station. At that same station today it is now $4.299. That's an increase of $1.30 in 10 months. And Arco is cheaper than any other chain because they give that price only if you pay cash; most customers, including me, pay cash.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
Ray,

As you can see, I'm in California. On 12/31/2020 I paid $2.999 for 87 octane at an Arco station. At that same station today it is now $4.299. That's an increase of $1.30 in 10 months. And Arco is cheaper than any other chain because they give that price only if you pay cash; most customers, including me, pay cash.

Dang...that sucks. So its just as bad...but with higher tax...in Cali.

Its amazing (not really) what happens when you go from a net exporter of crude and natural gas of about 7% more than you consume.....to shutting down 22% of all production of oil and gas.

Thats what most people do not quite understand. Shutting down renewal of oil and gas leases on public and federal land...means....for instance.... that all OFF SHORE oil and gas wells within 3 miles of the US coast are on federal land. This is not even to mention the wells on public/federal land in New Mexico, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma etc.....that are on public and private land.

All oil and gas leases that are in the process of development...but not yet producing...must be renewed every year. So that means any oil and gas wells that were in the process of being "brought on line".....started shutting down almost immediately ...because it can take weeks or months to shut in a well......and anything already in production is required to renew every 3 years.

So...if it was near the end of its current lease....they started shut in procedures immediately....and more to come that have less than a year or two years. It will only get worse.

And....amazingly..... Rolling Eyes ...."WE"...went to OPEC and the Saudis in June....to up their production to cover our stupid asses....and they rightfully gave us the finger....and now we are ONCE AGAIN....buying oil from Iran, Russia and Venezuela.

Stupid.....stupid....stupid.....don't get me started. Ray
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

I’d say unless you correct course you are heading for lockdown on this thread 😀 on a positive note Costco gas still well below 3 dollars and it doesn’t much matter from where I’m sitting in a car that gets over 60mpg
Do something besides complain.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Gas prices are $2.99 to $3.09 here. I haven't actually bought gas for about a month, and that was to gas up the lawnmower.

There are over 20 Million acres of federal lands currently leased to oil and gas companies. Each lease grants the lessor 10 years to develop drilling and production plans on those leases. The moratorium is only pausing NEW leases. The federal government is still granting drilling permits to existing leases.

It takes YEARS to bring production on-line from a new lease. YEARS. Pausing new leases has had ZERO impact on current oil production or gas prices.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I’d say unless you correct course you are heading for lockdown on this thread 😀 on a positive note Costco gas still well below 3 dollars and it doesn’t much matter from where I’m sitting in a car that gets over 60mpg

This appears to be a clear discussion of cause and effect, not complaining. If I could afford a full size truck that got 60 mpg, I would consider it. But it doesn't exist yet. So I will drive a 91 Chevy that gets 17 MPG that cost under $5K. A diesel Jetta won't haul nearly as many tools and lumber.

Still at $3.48 here, up a few pennies from a week or so ago.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

This appears to be a clear discussion of cause and effect, not complaining. If I could afford a full size truck that got 60 mpg, I would consider it. But it doesn't exist yet. So I will drive a 91 Chevy that gets 17 MPG that cost under $5K. A diesel Jetta won't haul nearly as many tools and lumber.

Yes I think I read it a different way but what I meant to say is. What can we do to lessen the effect of higher fuel prices? Yes there is a segment of people that actually use trucks to work, I might fall into that category years ago I’ve had at least one truck since 1981. I’m really looking for solutions not trying to affix blame for decisions made on policy and I’d never side with oil companies. I’m toying with the idea of making a Prius flatbed truck. Wouldn’t haul heavy loads but more useful than a sedan. 😀
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Seems to be hovering around $4.45 gal here. + Or - .20c depending on the station. That's for the 87 octane.

Premium has up to a .50c upcharge.

But one interesting thing I've noticed since we change to our "winter blend" gas, I'm getting almost 2mpg more in the daily. I assume it has less ethanol.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Yes I think I read it a different way but what I meant to say is. What can we do to lessen the effect of higher fuel prices? Yes there is a segment of people that actually use trucks to work, I might fall into that category years ago I’ve had at least one truck since 1981. I’m really looking for solutions not trying to affix blame for decisions made on policy and I’d never side with oil companies. I’m toying with the idea of making a Prius flatbed truck. Wouldn’t haul heavy loads but more useful than a sedan. 😀

Agreed. I like the idea of a strong diesel/electric hybrid truck. It works for locomotives, why not pickups?
melville
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

$3.899 for 87 today in New melvilleville in Oregon. Then I drove to Old melvilleville in CA, where it's $4.959 for 87. I think I can make it back across the border before I have to refill.
75 R75/6
65 Standard Micro
57 Sedan
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

My T4 really likey the $3.55 ethanol free 93 in CT.

22 mpg at 70 mph
ElStiemo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

One of the biggest problems here is the fact that we import almost all our commodities, fuel included. There is a Canadian Company currently busy with Oil exploration work in the Okavango basin, lets hope they don't find any as this project is hugely controversial from an environmental viewpoint.
But an increase in fuel prices pushes up everything else immediately as we have to import a substantial part of our needed goods, food, fresh produce, etc. And everything is transported from South Africa by truck... Mad
ElStiemo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

$3.827/gallon

Thank you for doing the conversion... There are some other peculiar things as well. All our fuel is offloaded from a tanker ship to the central fuel storage facility. From there it is distributed to the different fuel companies and transported to the different regions (mostly by road). in a specific region, the price is set to be the same as already stated above, so not only does it not matter price wise which service station you go to in a specific town, the product across brands (Shell, Engen, Total, etc) is also practically the same (apart from some additives added by the fuel companies)...

It gets "entertaining" when the wrong valves are opened in port when offloading the tanker ship and they create a "cocktail" (mix of different fuels). Has happened...
unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Monday night I was pumping regular 87 at $4.59. I was curious what diesel and other grades were, so I walked around the pump. On the other side, 87 was now $4.66. So in the time it took to walk around, price went up $.07 Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Jump to:
Page 146 of 200

Jump to: