Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wanted ads???
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Wanted ads??? Reply with quote

Wanted ads... can a link be made to find them like the "featured ad" and " bold ad" link?

Or how about a separate category for wanted?

Not one for each car/parts classification... just a "lumped in here" if it is a wanted ad.

Right now you have to cruise every page looking for potential buyers of some obscure POS that you might have laying about but have not actually taken a pic and placed and ad because you don't think anyone really wants it but you hate to toss it....

Wheewwww! Shocked or is this just me? Laughing

Not that I have ever had any luck getting someone to actually respond or buy from a wanted ad though Mad Laughing

Many times I have contacted someone who had a wanted ad up and either got no repsonse after a couple of e-mails... or "Oh... I found one already" ( WELL THEN REMOVE YOUR FUCKING AD DUMBASS)

And you know who you are if your reading this... don't you Exclamation Question Idea Twisted Evil

Yes I am bored at work right now... Neutral
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the search screen to search for wanted ads only.

Select wanted ads only from the Wanted Ads drop down. If you select nothing else, it will show you all the wanted ads.

I have sold parts to people with wanted ads and found parts via wanted ads I have posted. I don't think it was from people specifically looking at wanted ads though - they just happened to see the wanted ad in the overall listings.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trolling, I mean placing wanted ads, can lead to some real nice finds. Although there are some parts I've trolled for for years and have yet to get a response Crying or Very sad
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
You can use the search screen to search for wanted ads only.

Select wanted ads only from the Wanted Ads drop down. If you select nothing else, it will show you all the wanted ads.

I have sold parts to people with wanted ads and found parts via wanted ads I have posted. I don't think it was from people specifically looking at wanted ads though - they just happened to see the wanted ad in the overall listings.

DOH! d'oh! Stoopid me... I never noticed that box at the bottom... Embarassed Rolling Eyes

I have done very little SEARCH in the classifieds... just the techie forums.

Please excuse my jibber jabbering post MR T... Laughing

Thanks Boss!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: