Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Onceler wrote:
Forgot to update, I received my ghia from CA last friday. The pickup and delivery all went smooth $1150 to indiana on a open hauler with about 5 or 6 other cars. I was pleased with the whole transaction, great communication from REV Car go, Inc.

I've used RevCarGo several times - every experience has been really good. They used to have a 'milk run' from California to NY and back that I've been able to utilize.

I also recently used a broker called "Next Mile" based out of Chicago - they quoted me a narrow window pick up when no one else would. They were able to get the car picked up a day early in Atlanta and delivered to my new house near Chicago 2 days later in an enclosed trailer. I'm not a big fan of brokers but this company was fast, candid and professional. The company that got the job is based real close to my house so I'll contact him directly next time around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Based on info I found on Samba. I shipped my car with them two years ago. From Los Angeles to Seattle. For $500. It was operable car, terminal to terminal (no house pick up or drop), a 30 day window (meaning they had 30 days to deliver it) and open transport.

I have another small car to ship from Los Angeles to Seattle. But I can't find anything on uship or DAS for less than $1100. Any one know why it's so expensive now? And where I can find a cheaper transporter?
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

moab762 wrote:

Any one know why it's so expensive now? And where I can find a cheaper transporter?

And I have read your other posts about this. Where to start........

You want a great hauler and you want is super cheap, at least you are flexiable with time.

Fuel cost is back up

Insurance is going up every year even with a good record. I am paying an extra $1,000+ a year for the last 3 years.

Equipment is costing more and more each year.

New regulation cost more, my ELD is the cheap one and only costs $240 a year, just to be legal. Some are paying thousands (per truck).

California has even more regulations to follow/ pay.

To be honest not sure why you ever got the last car moved for $500. That may have been a “finish a load” price. I have done stuff like that when I already got paid for the load and had space left and it was on the route.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
moab762 wrote:

Any one know why it's so expensive now? And where I can find a cheaper transporter?

And I have read your other posts about this. Where to start........

You want a great hauler and you want is super cheap, at least you are flexiable with time.

Fuel cost is back up

Insurance is going up every year even with a good record. I am paying an extra $1,000+ a year for the last 3 years.

Equipment is costing more and more each year.

New regulation cost more, my ELD is the cheap one and only costs $240 a year, just to be legal. Some are paying thousands (per truck).

California has even more regulations to follow/ pay.

To be honest not sure why you ever got the last car moved for $500. That may have been a “finish a load” price. I have done stuff like that when I already got paid for the load and had space left and it was on the route.

The option of a 30 day window was provided by DAS. As I didn't need it delivered right away. The car I'm shipping is only worth about 3k. HArd to justify a grand or more. I was just curious why it would be so much more now. I'm looking at articles and reviews from this year. Stating NY to LA is 700-1200. I don't know why LA to SEA would be a grand(?!).

And I don't need the best shipper in the world. Or expect miracles. I just want cheap. Like I said, cars only worth 3k at the most.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Pricing depends heavily upon whether or not a trucking company has a 'milk run' route near both your pick up and drop off locations. This is one area where a broker will be of help. Lots of people shit on brokers but I've had pretty good experiences with the couple that I've used.

The only place you're likely to find a lower rate is on uShip but it may not be much lower. $1/mile is about the bottom of the cost scale - there are a lot of expenses to cover when you operate a transport truck/trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ienjoyvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Good morning,
I need to ship a bug from Colorado to So. Calif. I see that this thread is quite active and ask if anyone can help with a reliable and reasonably priced company. Open trailer is okay. Owner operated is preferred but not mandatory. Car can be driven onto trailer.
Thanks very much, as always!
ADD TO THIS POST; Has anyone had experience with Coast2Coast Transport Co.?
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

ienjoyvws wrote:
Good morning,
I need to ship a bug from Colorado to So. Calif. I see that this thread is quite active and ask if anyone can help with a reliable and reasonably priced company. Open trailer is okay. Owner operated is preferred but not mandatory. Car can be driven onto trailer.
Thanks very much, as always!
ADD TO THIS POST; Has anyone had experience with Coast2Coast Transport Co.?

I posted our job to uship.com and the rate went from $1200 to $850 over the course of a couple days. I can live with $850. Prices have just gone up alot over the last couple years.

I will say samba recommended 4corners came in at $895. We may go with them simply from their good reviews on here.
Daralyn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I'm presently shopping for a Bus or Eurovan, so looking into this as well and thought I'd share this link with everyone:

https://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-re...a-22214612

I hope it helps others! Very Happy
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Daralyn wrote:
I'm presently shopping for a Bus or Eurovan, so looking into this as well and thought I'd share this link with everyone:

https://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-re...a-22214612

I hope it helps others! Very Happy

Im going with them. Best price and best recommendations on here. My new go to shipper. I just wish they offered a cheaper service for those of us willing to drop off and pick up our vehicles. And who don't need immediate delivery. I did it that way 2 years ago for 500. And much preferred that option. I dont need it fast or door to door. But its hard to spend half the value of a 2000 dollar car on shipping.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Has anyone used Stars and Stripes auto transport? They gave me a quote for a 66 Deluxe non running from South Carolina to sandy Utah for 1250. I also got a quote from mercury auto transport for 1200. Any one dealt with these 2?
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Has anyone used Stars and Stripes auto transport? They gave me a quote for a 66 Deluxe non running from South Carolina to sandy Utah for 1250. I also got a quote from mercury auto transport for 1200. Any one dealt with these 2?

I would check four corners first. Then post your job to uship.com. but i doubt you'll get better service or a better quote than fourcorners.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I actually just booked with 4 corners. Thanks to everyone on the samba they seem to be the best option.

moab762 wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:

I would check four corners first. Then post your job to uship.com. but i doubt you'll get better service or a better quote than fourcorners.
Len K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I actually just booked with 4 corners. Thanks to everyone on the samba they seem to be the best option.

How did your experience go? Did 4C find a shipper in 5 days? How was your communication with them?
Mr. Okrasa Premium Member
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Shipping Beetle from Copenhagen, Denmark Reply with quote

I'm trying to purchase a running/driving beetle from Copenhagen, Denmark and have a hard time trying to find a "reasonable" shipping company that can ship to So. California.

Anybody has any experiences with this or can recommend a company?

Thanks in advance.

See my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/okrasa/

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

Denzel engine running. See this link: https://youtu.be/DgUlsQDTXTE

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Len K wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:

How did your experience go? Did 4C find a shipper in 5 days? How was your communication with them?

So far communication is good when I email or call. As for findings shipper, not yet. First available shipping date was 24 August. To today is the 5 day mark. I’m hoping I get an email it’s getting picked up soon.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Update: I sent an email wondering what the status was on shipping. I haven't got a reply yet. I am guessing its due to the holiday weekend. I'm not sure why it hasn't been picked up yet.
Len K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Update: I sent an email wondering what the status was on shipping. I haven't got a reply yet. I am guessing its due to the holiday weekend. I'm not sure why it hasn't been picked up yet.

When did you book? I booked on the 16th for 8/24 pick up. They missed the pick up window. apparently they guarantee a five day pick up window from date of request unless otherwise specified. That of course, is business days. Which could, of course, translate into 10 actual days if you pick the perfect date for pick up.

Been on the phone several times, most recently with Ellen. She did indicate that shippers are much less inclined to bid around labor day weekend. I told her I would rather they choose the best shipper that gets the car here safely if it means the pick up date slips to after Labor Day.

We are in the same boat - reason I originally asked how things were going. They are to pick up a beetle in Hemet Ca and deliver to Pittsburgh Pa for me.

You?
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Len K wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:

When did you book? I booked on the 16th for 8/24 pick up. They missed the pick up window. apparently they guarantee a five day pick up window from date of request unless otherwise specified. That of course, is business days. Which could, of course, translate into 10 actual days if you pick the perfect date for pick up.

Been on the phone several times, most recently with Ellen. She did indicate that shippers are much less inclined to bid around labor day weekend. I told her I would rather they choose the best shipper that gets the car here safely if it means the pick up date slips to after Labor Day.

We are in the same boat - reason I originally asked how things were going. They are to pick up a beetle in Hemet Ca and deliver to Pittsburgh Pa for me.

You?

I booked on 13 August for a 24 August beginning pick up date. I sent an email but I haven’t heard back yet. It has to be because of the holiday. I’m hoping I’ll get a phone call or email tomorrow. I’m all about getting a good shopper that won’t damage the vehicle. They are picking up a 66 deluxe bus non running from Gray Court, SC to Sandy, UT. Hopefully I hear back soon.
Len K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

just wanted to update:

car was picked up and its on its way!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Just used 4corners again to ship my new CTS Coupe form OH to MA.

I will say the communication wasn't as smooth as it was in the past (example: I got an email from Jeff saying the car was "picked up for delivery" when in fact the car was already in my driveway) but it was picked up in the window that was quoted, even though one truck was cancelled because of "equipment failure".

Now to be honest, I did have a few special needs with the transport as I bought the car shortly before I was leaving on vacation and I had to make sure it would not be picked or delivered before I got home. I just felt the overall communication, while satisfactory, was a little less smooth than in the past.

That being said, I am helping a family member ship a car from MA to AZ in the late fall and will get a quote again from Jeff & Ellen at 4Corners
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: