Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I'm hoping to ship a 36 motor from SoCal to Washington State. Just an FYI, Four Corners only does vehicles, not parts.
pudlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I just used 4 Corners to find me a hauler to get a 1971 bug from California to illinois.
They did a great job. Ihad 3 other quotes and they were 20 to 30 percentl less.
I would reccemend them anytime.
Kat0510
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Hi there,

We recently bought a Eurovan and are planning to travel from the East coast to the Rocky Mountains this summer (up to Glacier National Park). Unfortunately, we will not have enough time to drive back and are thus looking to transport the Eurovan from around Glacier (Great Falls, Missoula, ...) back to Washington, DC. Can anyone recommend a transporter where we could drop-off the Eurovan?

Thank you so much!
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Just used 4 Corners Transport again to get my new summer toy from FL to MA.

Price was $400 cheaper than the other 3 major enclosed transport companies.

It was picked up on the date it was supposed to be and is to be delivered first thing in the morning on the day after it was supposed to be here (close enough in my book!).

I think this might be my 3rd time using Jeff and he has been great every time
kaferdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I used Four Corners to ship my recently purchased 1971 single cab from California to upstate New York. Jeff did a superb job at a great price. They have my highest recommendation and I will definitely be using them again in the future! Great job!
AntibesVW1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I am looking for a reliable, cos effective shipping company to ship a t2 from Savannah, GA to France.. or can use Jacksonville...
Any recommendations? was looking at Schumacher Cargo or CFRRinkens..
cheers!!
da samba 2 da max
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

hi....
looking for a reputable and reliable shipping/transporting company to ship from germany to the west coast of usa
baltik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I am looking to bring a US vehicle back from canada. I purchased a car in Edmonton that was originally bought and titled in US, then owned in Canada - should be relatively straight forward with no duty fees but was hoping someone on this board has a shipping service that has experience in this area!

thanks!
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I just hired Four Corners Transport based solely on the positive results here on this thread and waiting for pick up and delivery as we speak.

The vehicle does not have an engine so it was a big plus to have them say yes no problem as I had checked with other transporters and they basically turned my request down. I needed it done in a hurry and the quote was within minutes after I filled out the forms they sent me I called in my credit card and it was done. I should have the vehicle picked up in 4 days.

https://www.fourcornerstransportservices.com
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I contracted with Montway Auto Transport, as they transported my former 24k-mile '79 SuperVert from Florida to Washington via enclosed carrier with no issues. This time, apparently, they subcontracted with Affordable Auto Transport to collect my eagerly awaited '66 KG convertible in Portland, OR and deliver it to me in FL. Montway was great to work with and communication with the driver assigned by Affordable has been smooth for coordinating a pickup time and I receive email updates from Montway. The car is en-route and should be to me in FL on or about the 8th of Oct. The price for enclosed transport from literally one corner of the US to the opposite other was reasonable, I thought. Of course, x-port cost increases the more "off-the-beaten-path" a pickup or delivery location is (I've heard Nebraska is the most expensive with North Dakota a very slim second!) Hopefully, all goes well! Pray

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I am looking into shipping a Vanagon Westfalia across the country for a vacation trip. I was surprised to find that the vehicle is supposedly to be essentially empty due to regulations. That kind of negates shipping for my purpose.
Bold is by me, caps were in their text

"... does not authorize personal belongings in the vehicle. ... No more than 100 pounds of soft goods such as pillows or blankets. Not only are auto shipping and car transport companies not insured for household goods, it is against the law for them to transport anything except your vehicle. The auto shipping and car transport truck is subject to inspection by the DOT and the Police at every state line and can be fined up to $10,000 if found to be carrying household goods. The car is subject to being impounded and all fines and expenses will be passed along to the owner of the car. ... ULTIMATELY it is up to the driver if he wishes to let you put anything in the vehicle so you will need to discuss this with them.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
I am looking into shipping a Vanagon Westfalia across the country for a vacation trip. I was surprised to find that the vehicle is supposedly to be essentially empty due to regulations. That kind of negates shipping for my purpose.

"... does not authorize personal belongings in the vehicle. ... No more than 100 pounds of soft goods such as pillows or blankets. Not only are auto shipping and car transport companies not insured for household goods, it is against the law for them to transport anything except your vehicle. The auto shipping and car transport truck is subject to inspection by the DOT and the Police at every state line and can be fined up to $10,000 if found to be carrying household goods. The car is subject to being impounded and all fines and expenses will be passed along to the owner of the car. ... ULTIMATELY it is up to the driver if he wishes to let you put anything in the vehicle so you will need to discuss this with them.

Short answer is yes they are right. Your DOT/MC numbers are setup for what you haul. If you are just a car hauler you can't haul household. Also household movers are in a whole different world when it comes to regulations. State line... no but scales and roving yes you can be stopped and inspected.

Also who you contacted sounds like a broker using multi car haulers so they are driving on and off so need to have room to drive and see. Also "your" loading of a car may not "stay" where it should during the ride.

Oh and for all those the think of using Montway, quotes from a auto hauler broad I am on.
"I don't understand why anyone still deals with that company, all the outright disrespectful and brazen comments that guy made about car haulers and truck drivers in general that were shared on several different pages, he should've been out of business."
" And yet still in operation, and probably still talking crap about how car haulers are stupid and how he rips them off every chance he gets."

And now you see some of the issues with a broker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: I transport items in vehicles Reply with quote

I transport parts and items in vehicles.

I transport project vehicles on good tires that steer straight.

I winch all vehicles on and off my enclosed trailer.

Jim Wink
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Yes, you need a private or direct person to have stuff inside.

I sold a car a couple years ago and the buyer hired a guy that came with a single truck and trailer.
I loaded a lot of parts inside that went with it, all well wrapped of course - no issues.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

vanagonjr, cool idea I'm interested to see who you ended up with as I may do the same in the future with my Westy.

vanagonjr wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Just received my vehicle the other day from Four Corners Transport and I'm very satisfied with the shipping as vehicle was a little rougher that indicated in the sale. They were professional, experienced and careful with moving the non operative. From my experience over the last 14 years you have to shop around for an auto transporter willing to move a non running/braking vehicle.

LAGrunthaner wrote:
I just hired Four Corners Transport based solely on the positive results here on this thread and waiting for pick up and delivery as we speak.

The vehicle does not have an engine so it was a big plus to have them say yes no problem as I had checked with other transporters and they basically turned my request down. I needed it done in a hurry and the quote was within minutes after I filled out the forms they sent me I called in my credit card and it was done. I should have the vehicle picked up in 4 days.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
vanagonjr wrote:

Also who you contacted sounds like a broker using multi car haulers so they are driving on and off so need to have room to drive and see. Also "your" loading of a car may not "stay" where it should during the ride.

I did not contact anyone yet. This is from the website of one of the most recommended in this thread.

I wasn't really clear in my post- I am not packing the van full of stuff to transport, but loading with camping gear, clothes and etc. for a 2-week camping trip (no food). While this is probably fine, I cannot plan a huge trip dependent on the van loaded to be rejected at the last minute. I do think that with items under a locked rear seat, I'd be pretty clear, but I'd like to utilize more of the van space, so I, and family, are flying with only carry one luggage.

Last flying trip with the family and all of our camping gear was $340 in luggage fees. I'd rather put that to the van shipment instead!
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

If bringing your things in the camper is not an option try mailing to US Post Office under general delivery, I've done that several times with camping gear and tent camping out west.

vanagonjr wrote:
WM971252 wrote:
vanagonjr wrote:

I did not contact anyone yet. This is from the website of one of the most recommended in this thread.

I wasn't really clear in my post- I am not packing the van full of stuff to transport, but loading with camping gear, clothes and etc. for a 2-week camping trip (no food). While this is probably fine, I cannot plan a huge trip dependent on the van loaded to be rejected at the last minute. I do think that with items under a locked rear seat, I'd be pretty clear, but I'd like to utilize more of the van space, so I, and family, are flying with only carry one luggage.

Last flying trip with the family and all of our camping gear was $340 in luggage fees. I'd rather put that to the van shipment instead!

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Just used Jeff/Ellen at 4 Corners Transport again.

Called at 10:00am est and by 11:00am I had a truck assigned to get my car the next day in Florida to bring at back to MA.

UPDATE: Car picked up Friday afternoon in Sarasota FL and was at my house on Monday afternoon.

BEST OF ALL....I contracted for open shipping and the car showed up via enclosed. Don't know why...don't care. Just happy

This is the 3rd time I have used 4 Corners in the last 12 months
GeoffC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Hello, just a note to let folks know Next Mile Auto Transport (as mentioned in this thread) worked out great for me. The actual provider was Elite Auto Transport out of Oregon. Turns out they're VW nuts too!

I needed a fixed day for the pickup and Next Mile provided that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 26 of 30

Jump to: