Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

So I'm trying to move a Speedster from Lansing MI, to Miami next week Friday 18 June and had a few questions:

1. Should I get enclosed transport?

2. What transporter would most folks recommend?

3. I see a lot of good things about 4 Corners Transport but is there any other transporter who is good and less expensive?
Rickerus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Beware of RoadRunner Auto Transport - total scam artists. First off, their website doesn't even include busses in their dropdown menus when choosing vehicle type, and since its a required field you need to choose something. Then there's a check box for "vehicle is running" on their quote form. Any reasonable person would select that box if the vehicle was, you know, running. I didn't because the vehicle isn't (running).

Anyway, I jumped through the form hoops, got a quote and decided to proceed. Immediately it was jacked up $100 because the vehicle is not running. When I inquired about this the quote was jacked up another $700 because I had the audacity to choose the wrong vehicle (I chose a 181 since bus/transporter/van, etc is not an option), but I clearly explained this in the comments field. Also, it was only on the 3rd or 4th correspondence that they announced they couldn't even deliver the vehicle where I need it delivered.

Alex G. was a total jerk on the phone. I'm glad to not be doing business with them. Beware.
hungarianfam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I saw a post by Notchboy on the previous page, PMd you.

I’m looking for a similar route as his shipment for my 71’ Audi 100, from Spokane WA to Irvine CA, i’m paying $900 for the car, so I’m looking for the cheapest option for the not running (but rolling) car. Anyone have recommendations? Maybe pairing the two cars together since it’s a very similar route for the cheapest option for both Jason and I? Thanks
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I'd also like to recommend Jeff at 4 Corners Auto Transport, he's responsive, straight forward, friendly and had the best quote. Excellent communication. I trust this guy to get the job done right.
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

My recent transport experience involved sending 3 vehicles and a camper just short of 2000 miles. Jeff at Four Corners Transport posted my loading and was easy to reach and helpful.
I cannot say enough good about Dustin Huffman transport! Dustin hauled my f250, '71bug, '66 bus and my 13' camper all together! If you get lucky enough to hire him, all will be smooth going. He is MI or OK based, sort of, but gets everywhere.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

usps flat rate large "game board" boxes are discontinued and no longer available.
nathan3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

So I bought a bus from a Canadian that has old registration from 1978 and a bill of sale. How do I import it to the US? I tried towing it across myself and they turned me around saying there is no proof of the previous owner buying it from the last registered owner on the 1978 registration.. is there a way around all that? Like importing it as scrap? Or should I just try it again hiding the old registration in hopes of not getting a hardass officer like before? I need to do something soon as it's getting expensive having it in storage..
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:21 am    Post subject: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

You basically bought a vehicle with an open title.

Never buy a vehicle with an open title.

Never buy any vehicle outside the lower 48 states
without checking first to see if it can be imported.

If the Seller won’t refund your money
you are going to have to sell it it Canada
or walk away from it and consider this
a lesson learned.

Attempting to cross the border illegally with
it is only going to cost you more time and money.
nathan3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I bought 2 together in 2020 one had old registration and the other only had bill of sale, but i had a shipper import them for me then..so I thought it'd be the same.. but I guess I got lucky? So there's no way around it? How do people import scrap metal? Do you need a title for rusty metal?
air-cooled junkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I am looking for help with a question about buying a car and getting it shipped to me. I received an email from a seller with an invoice from a transport company UTL Total Logistics. I am not sure what guarantee I have by sending an e transfer before getting the car shipped and if it is a scam? I am looking for information on what options I have?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

This sounds like it could be a scam.
Scammers often say they can handle the shipping themselves when really it's them stealing money for the "shipment"

I would deal with any shipment company directly yourself once you have made a car deal.
Is it a car on the site?
Email me with the details if you want to review it, in case the car itself is a scam.
My direct email is below.

Is it this car?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2534359
This person looks valid as they have been on the site a long time but that is strange about the shipping. I don't know how they would know how to handle shipping from Texas to Canada.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:05 am    Post subject: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Everett

You are the only Public Forum Owner that I know
who would take the time to reply and offer to look
into a potential fraudulent transaction ….

Sounds like a Scam to me ….
Wingnut776
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Any info on shipping from Brazil to Australia?
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Wingnut776 wrote:

www.uShip.com should have qualified shippers.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Cool link, they ship all sorts of things. I wonder about prices now with gas so high.

Mike Fisher wrote:
Wingnut776 wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Cool link, they ship all sorts of things. I wonder about prices now with gas so high.

Mike Fisher wrote:
Wingnut776 wrote:

They have doubled! UPS just beat their prices on VW fenders from OR to VA.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Wow, doubled?

I'm looking for a roundtrip flight to California. The prices range from 1.3K to 3.5K Newark Liberty to San Jose Shocked . I'm speechless.

Mike Fisher wrote:
LAGrunthaner wrote:

Mike Fisher wrote:
Wingnut776 wrote:

They have doubled! UPS just beat their prices on VW fenders from OR to VA.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Try connecting DFW (Dallas) via LA to Oakland...
even Dallas Love field...

$184 here:
https://www.expedia.com/lp/flights/dfw/sjc/dallas-to-san-jose

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Anyone know any independent shippers that do south Dakota west?

61' Double Cab-restored driver
91 SYNCRO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Salinity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Hey all - any recommendations on potential Vanagon transport from Wichita KS area to RI? Trying to get my new-to-me tintop in good form again, but if the simple stuff doesn't work I may have to throw in the towel. It is able to drive onto trailer. Not in a huge rush if I can find someone local to allow me to park the van and help out with handing off keys to the transport service (I'd need to fly back home to RI).

Got a quote from Montway for around $1600. Similar to Uhaul truck + trailer, but the latter would also include gas.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: