Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosiecharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: shipping to uk Reply with quote

bought my split from idaho as non runner,used HILL SHIPPING ltd to arrange to collect and ship to Chatham UK,they sorted all paperwork and kept me informed of progress,i am going to use them again for sure
they would have done door to door if needed and sorted customs etc
Hillbilly73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to here that, I don't transport near you. But if I did you would have to pay up front. Then we would do the haul for you on your schedule, you should check the feed back for all transport ccompanies. Even if it's on a forum that we don't all use. Such as craigslist rants and raves or special auto sites and see who they use.
It never hurts to ask around. Sometimes in my case, its better to use the little guys, even though we might cost more we are more likely to get the job done..
Better luck next time.
Sean

1959 GS/GT Carrera sun roof
1956 single cab
1957 Coupe Emory out law
1957 Single Cab daily driver at 45 MPH
1958 Rag top rat rod hood ride
1961 Rag top bug
1963 T3 Square S
1965 hard top bug
1962 westy camper
lots of Zwiter crap
70 Deluxe T2
73 Westy
toyobus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked a transport through Uship, which is an auto transport brokerage. I paid a $400 deposit only to have the shipper abscond with the deposit. When I contacted Uship about my loss, they gave me a hale and hearty, "Sorry 'bout that". I will certainly avoid doing business with them again.
My advice to anyone contracting for a shipment is to NEVER pay a deposit. The shipper has your vehicle in his possession and that should always be sufficient collateral. The only terms should be; 'payment in full upon delivery to the specified destination. My impression is that honest shippers readily operate on these terms.
Anyone who requires a deposit probably has something up their sleeve or they are not on a solid financial basis with their business.
vwbugman1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: transportation Reply with quote

I had a great experience with Reliable Carriers. I bought a 1957 Oval from an ad on The Samba. The car was in Texas. I called Reliable and about a week later, the car was in my driveway in Florida. Their rates are a little steep, but the care of the car and the communication between myself, the seller and the carrier was top notch. I would recommend them to anyone shipping in the continental U.S.
2007 Trailblazer SS

2016 - The end of an error!
Hillbilly73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: transporting Reply with quote

we transport as well, full coverage insured even if it's a shell!
check us out if you like.

1959 GS/GT Carrera sun roof
1956 single cab
1957 Coupe Emory out law
1957 Single Cab daily driver at 45 MPH
1958 Rag top rat rod hood ride
1961 Rag top bug
1963 T3 Square S
1965 hard top bug
1962 westy camper
lots of Zwiter crap
70 Deluxe T2
73 Westy
nr.53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

Am seeking for usefull information about shipping a t2a bus from Boston to Rotterdam Port in Holland,or Antwerp in Belgium.
Cannot find the proper info,whome exported a car from the eastcoast to Holland and can give me some info...

Greetz from Holland,Mark
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! I just got of the phone with Mercury Auto Transport. I havent had my car shipped by them, but can certainly tell they are awesome to deal with.

May want to give them a call, they are in FL and he probly spent 30 min on the phone with me explaining how the shipping works. Price was better than anywhere else too. Qutoted me $650 from Iowa to Daytona Beach, and said he could have it 48-to 72 hours after I call to book it.

Mercury Auto Transport
800-553-1828 ex 23
tferr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Cali to Canada Reply with quote

Any Canucks had any luck with shipping to California to Ontario there hasnt been much for replys in the 6 pages
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zadeylove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

you have just made my move to Colorado so much easier. I've been trying to find a recommended transport company for the '74. Awesome-o! I just absolutely love this site! Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
happycamperbrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Normal...they always charge more for non-runners.

Yes, but in the automated questions on ebay it asked if it was running and I said No before getting the quote.......
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happycamperbrat wrote:
... he asked if the bus was running and I told him no (which was also one of the questions on the Giga at ebay), then he said "Oh it will cost you more" Then he wanted to know the measurement of the bus (height, length, width) and is waiting for my call back so he can give me another quote......... what gives?

Normal...they always charge more for non-runners.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
happycamperbrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to get a bus from Arizona to California. I bought it on ebay and thought the Giga quotes were fair. But when calling the cheapest one he seemed to be upping the price on me. I have to call them back tomorrow but he asked if the bus was running and I told him no (which was also one of the questions on the Giga at ebay), then he said "Oh it will cost you more" Then he wanted to know the measurement of the bus (height, length, width) and is waiting for my call back so he can give me another quote......... what gives?
ndirect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: international shipping Reply with quote

has anyone used RINKENS for shipping? Are they reputable? Any help would be appreciated
tev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a recommendation for an import broker/shipper to get a 61 split from Canada to Texas. I'm looking for a company that will handle everything at the border for me. I have searched several posts, but haven't yet found a recommendation for this sort of company although people have alluded to them. Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.uShip.com
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dustinjuhasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Shipping Bus Reply with quote

I need my bus shipped from long island NY to Jupiter Fl anyone know someone. Thanks
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great move by Angles Moving Auto's.
Called Angles on 9/01/10 they had the best price "again" VW picked up in Texas 9/2/10 (WOW next day) got the call that the VW will be delivered at 3pm today 9/4/10.
Talking to the dispacthers of the trucking companies that picked up Angles load, they all have respect for Angles and like working with them.

A big PLUS in the transport industry, when Angles shops the load, companies like to pick them up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used DAS auto shippers to have my Ghia shipped from San Diego to North Carolina. Very competitive rates, the car was delivered before the estimated delivery date, and the car was wrapped up in plastic wrap for added protection. (the car was shipped in an enclosed hauler)
I could not be happier with them Excellent service all around
whit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone shipped from canada to the uk?
MLTIGGER2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was happy with Dependable Auto Shippers DAS, they shipped my car in an enclosed trailer because it was too low and leaked oil otherwise it would have been on an open transport. Price was fair too.
I dealt with Terri

Last edited by MLTIGGER2 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: