Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michael Gregory www.house-of-ghia.com
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tstracy39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed a fairly substantial trade with Mike, first time any kind of a trade has ever gone through for me and I'm satisfied with my end.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=tstracy39

EverettB wrote:
I like your fork.
bob gibb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Recent purchase Reply with quote

Michael did what he promised when he promised. Good to deal with.
daisie71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great speedy transaction.
RTKings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Gregory is TRULY one of the really really great guys in the industry. I have purchased items multiple times from Mike, and just recently placed a very large order for my wife's Ghia resto. ALL of Mike's prices were right on, and he provided quick shipping and awesome customer service. If you need Ghia parts, House of Ghia is the place to shop.

Cool
'79 Super Beetle Convertible
Dogtired
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an order and it was shipped within the hour. It was packed well and just as described. Great communication as well. Thank you House of Ghia!
Ghiaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made another perfect purchase from Mike and
payment is on the way for more.
Never a problem and great to do business with HoG.

Karmann Ghia & Beetle parts available.
Convertible tops installed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just purchased an NOS part from Mike.

not only was his price very generous, but he also bent over backward to keep the shipping cost low.

if all that is not enough, he even returned the small amount of shipping $ he had overestimated- very honest seller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a qyestion on a part I was going to order from him. He called me back to verify that the part I wanted would also interchange with a type 34 Ghia. I order the part, and it arrived a couple of days later (the other side of the US). It was exactly as described, and fit like it was supposed to. I'll definitely get more parts from him again. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a windshield for my 58 from House of Ghia and had them do the installation. They did a great job.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Mike Wilkerson Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: convertible top handle ball oe Reply with quote

awesome part,fast shipping and great knowledge about ghias,knows his stuff,thanks Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
buslife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Vintage Style Spark Plug Wires Reply with quote

You are a splendid seller.
Thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/user/buslife
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EddieRay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been trying to reach Mike at HOG today and I get voice message saying its "Tony with a different phone number" not 503 364 4442.
I thought maybe it could be my cell phone but I had my wife call from her work and got the same message.
Anyone know whats up?
Thanks,
Eddie Ray

oh, I even emailed him earlier in the AM but I know email responses can take a while...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HouseofGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie5 wrote:
Ive been trying to reach Mike at HOG today and I get voice message saying its "Tony with a different phone number" not 503 364 4442.
I thought maybe it could be my cell phone but I had my wife call from her work and got the same message.
Anyone know whats up?
Thanks,
Eddie Ray

oh, I even emailed him earlier in the AM but I know email responses can take a while...

Our phone modem was infested with ants....true story....I had to forward calls to tony's phone (he's my parts guy) temporarily until the modem could be replaced.
INLANDGHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my sscript for my 64 ghia old style from House of Ghia I look everywhere for it and found at the only place I should have looked House of Ghia....Thanks guys...
sjbradley_555
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: gas tank Reply with quote

I bought a 58 ghia tank for my 58 bug and was excited to find that the tank I got was better looking than I expected. Mike is very knowledgable about me trying to use this tank to get me a fuel sending / gauge working in my car. Will do future business with him.
HouseofGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a post in the general chat where a customer expressed concerns over a transaction that didnt go as smoothly as desired.

After looking over the emails I sent, I agree I could have worded a couple of statements more clearly so that the customer knew what I was doing and will do so the next time.

I did follow-up with the vendor today to see what might have happened at the hotel to cause the confusion and here is the reply:

"(our normal shipping person) left 1/2 day that shipping day, and looks like (our backup shipping person) didn't put the contact name in the right field. Her name appears in the fedex computer, but was not copied and pasted into the correct shipping field. I apologise for any problems that arose from this situation."

The buck stops here though.....instead of assuming the customer was ok with a direct shipment, I should have been more clear. In this case I was more caught up with the time constraint and thought I was helping get the seals to the destination.

As for the lost shipment at the hotel....the label on box, even though it did not have the customers name, would have had the tracking number which was provided to the customer. Its possible that the box could have been found using that information rather than the customers name. This is not an explanation to shift blame, just as an FYI.

My apologies for the stress caused by this transaction.

p.s. Paul, as for the unanswered email....you mentioned that you read here on theSamba that there were some issues here at HoG with the parts business. I've been hammered with resto commitments and finding a replacement for my parts person. Things are better now since I have a new guy in parts and I apologize for the late response to this issue. The email you sent simply fell off my radar, I should have responded right away. I truly happened to go into General chat late last night and found the post. I almost never go into General Chat but I'm glad I did and was able to respond. If after my response you are still not ok, let me know either here or by email what I can do.
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent order from House of Ghia. Smooth as butt-ah.

Thanks guys.

Dustin
vwed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike did a very good deal on some gas caps/shipping that I bought from him.
Very smooth and quick (8 days to the UK via First Class Mail) international transaction. Highly recommended!
Ed
EddieRay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only got small odds and ends and fews parts needed to finish my restoration on my 1958 cabriolet and Mike @ HOG has come through again for me. He found a convertible-only bolt for my car, an odd-looking bolt you cannot replace at your local hardware store, he emailed me, updating me, found one, shipped it and I offered to pay for it but, he said "for your continued patronage, dont worry about it" - Awesome!
If its not up to your satisfaction, he will make it right.
Thanks Mike!
Eddie Ray
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Ghia parts Reply with quote

House of Ghia is a stand up company with parts that work. I just used their chrome accepting front glass seal as was pleased to see that they actually make a seal that accommodates the factory grippers . For so many years we were forced to remove them because the seals did not room for them.
The seal installed nicely and the re pop trims fit well and asides for straight and having to gently shape them as you installed them they worked great.
My only comment fro improvement Is that this customer who has bought a ton of parts for his restoration was not offered the joiner clips at the point of sale. Now to be honest I do not know if it was a phone order or if ordered on line, I just see too much of small items not being included or the sales team or on line catalog not suggesting that it is needed. While I as much as anyone hate being up sold ,but when it is a needed part and you may be forced to put a used part against something or having to come back to it at a later date.
I would love some feedback on this and only mention it to help people
who have a love or want but do not have the intimate knowledge of a more seasoned hobbyist or professional.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: