Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

eVWParts.com - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 11, 2024
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long story short. I ordered wrong panels from EVWparts and it took 33 days to get to me. My fault on the ordering bit. Joe was nice enough to offer me 10% discount on my next purchase. And the next order would take longer, but i can pay an additional 40 bucks for rush order. I put that on hold. That was nice of him. The box came with only the panels and not the clip kit I ordered with it. Short of the story is he says they said, its in the box.I would know if its in the box or not. Np 16.95 loss. No big deal after a $200 oopsy. Im not going to make a big deal outta 17 bucks, nor make a claim as he says i should. The whole point of this post is that no matter where you are even if the item is shipped from TMI factory in Corona California, is that it still gets billed shipping from Maryland no matter what. That I didnt agree with. No one should be making money on shipment. Packaging and handling if it originated from your shop sure. If I knew this, this would have definitely swayed my decision on buying from there. I just thought people should know this before buying. It doesnt fly with me.
Same day I inquire at my local vw store near my house and guess what. They are a TMI distributor also. All the TMI prices there he either matches or outright beats by more than 10% on some items. My vendor here insures me that week and a half to 2 weeks time frame. To Hawaii $34.00. Half the charged price of shipping. The label on my box says it was sent straight out from California. I dont know if i missed some disclaimer some place but, It would be awesome and informing to the consumers out there if EVW parts would post that they only calculate shipping out from Maryland even if the items leave from California.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was perusing feedback and came across one of EVWs feedback threads and decided to brief everyone about my order from my local shop (see my post previously for details). After being told by Joe that its Show season and that my order would be delayed ( Or I can pay an additional $40 dollars for rush), I got my TMI panel order from my local small shop in 10 days. Remember on a normal order from EVW It took 33 days to get my order from EVW and they/he forgot to put in my order of the clips. Insult to injury he charges me shipping from Maryland ( his shop store location 66.5Cool My local shop charged me 34$. Small money in the scheme of things but its the principal Thanks a bunch for the bullshit Joe. Oahu is small but you can be sure I will tell everyone I know in the club not to buy from you because you couldve easily have it drop shipped from Corona to me for less.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great experience shopping at evwparts. I ordered a pair of thing rear brake drums. Three days after purchasing the part showed up at my door. I like that evparts give you the option to use paypal. I felt much more secure paying via paypal as opposed to a credit card, like most other stores require.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
Ducklips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a stock style muffler, decklid seal, ignition points, condenser, distributor caps, and rotor from eVWParts. I opted for the FedEx ground shipping. On delivery the muffler was poking out of the flimsy, thin box, and the mufller was damaged where the tailpipes connect. The parts for the muffler installation were open, parts loose in the box and two nuts missing. The parts were just thrown into the box with the muffler, and the muffler had a bit of newspaper and deflated sealed air packs inside. The smaller parts should have been in ziplock or paper bags, and the muffler in a suitable sized box with decent packing. When I informed them of the damage, I was told they would be "glad to file a claim with the shipper"! I don't think poor packing should be charged to the shipper. They also charged $6.20 extra for insurance. Never heard of that with FedEx before. I just repaired the damages and replaced the missing clamp nuts. Don't think I will deal with them again

I once won an argument with a women......in this dream I had.
The older I get, the better I used to be.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducklips wrote:
...the muffler was poking out of the flimsy, thin box, and the mufller was damaged where the tailpipes connect.

When I informed them of the damage, I was told they would be "glad to file a claim with the shipper"!

The claim would be rejected if the box and packing were not sufficient for the contents.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ducklips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Ducklips wrote:
...the muffler was poking out of the flimsy, thin box, and the mufller was damaged where the tailpipes connect.

When I informed them of the damage, I was told they would be "glad to file a claim with the shipper"!

The claim would be rejected if the box and packing were not sufficient for the contents.

Agreed. That is why I didn't go through a lot of trouble due to insufficient packing on the dealers part.

I once won an argument with a women......in this dream I had.
The older I get, the better I used to be.
ncstagger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered some breather hose and a couple small tools and such. Arrived today, very fast shipping. Packing was excellent, quality items. Thanks.

Resto thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549162

"Take your most realistic time frame and dollar amount.. then add half of that amount. When you get that total... double it. Only then will you be in the ballpark." - sofaking
ncstagger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eVW came through again. Got a fuel pump to me in two days! Thanks!

Resto thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549162

"Take your most realistic time frame and dollar amount.. then add half of that amount. When you get that total... double it. Only then will you be in the ballpark." - sofaking
badufay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had a German made Bosch Vacuum can 07024 in stock. Great comms, super fast shipping! Paid normal shipping and received the part 3 days later from MD to WA! Will order from again!

Thanks,
Ben
Previous: 2015 Golf S TDI, 6 spd man; 2015 Jetta SE TDI, 6 spd man; 12 Jetta 2.5L, 04 Jetta 2.0L, 02 Golf 2.0L, 98 Jetta 2.0L, 98 Golf 2.0L, 98 Cabrio 2.0L, 95 Golf 2.0L, 87 golf GTI 16 valve 1.8L, 86 Cabriolet 1.6L, 80 Audi 4000 1.6L, 76 Audi Fox 1.6L, 76 VW Beetle 1.6L, 74 Audi Fox 1.5L, 69 VW Beetle 1.5L
nybug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to buy a lot of parts from them online, that's until I had to call the owner to ask a question. After listening to his nasty little attitude I went elsewhere. His personality will be the undoing of his company. Wolfsburg West is more professional and happy to answer questions.
vwchad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the American style SS bug bumpers from evw?
RestoKäfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe is the man,very good replyer,no trouble,%100 happy with evwparts
dave46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: evwparts VERY good Reply with quote

Just wanted to share a good experience with evwparts.com
I was shopping for a set of Scat connecting rods. I started by emailing evwparts to see if they actually had the parts in stock. I wouldnt like to be told they are drop shipping them direct from the manufacturer or something like that.
I received a reply stating " the computer says we have them but let us physically check to make sure ". Somebody must have been working late because I received this email about 8:30 pm.
The following morning I received a second email stating they did in fact have the rods in stock. I placed the order online using Paypal.
The rods arrived 4 days later well packaged and are exactly what I wanted.
I will have no hesitation about dealing with evwparts in the future.
Dan Shipley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: evwparts very bad Reply with quote

Don't buy his "rebuilt" 1600cc rods or have him "rebuild" yours. He doesn't know what "rebuiilt" means. He puts a new con rod bushing in and hones it and weighs them. That's it. Who cares about rod weight in a stock engine? It's easy to do and just a selling point. I want the crank end honed, measured for size, resized if necessary and checked for straightness. He doesn't do any of that for $85. You can buy brand new CB rods for $95. As for the rest of his parts, if you are lucky enough to get an invoice, the prices won't match the catalogue. After several emails and phone calls, I got an email showing my order. My order was for $266. All the parts prices were rounded off to the nearest $1 and there were no part numbers. I don't think he even looks up the price, he just makes one up before shippng. At $50 for shipping, I will order from California, not Maryland even though I live in Virginia. I found evparts to be very unprofessional.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dave46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB no longer offers the $95 rods in the 5.394 length.

I place a second order at evparts.com on Saturday for a Scat camshaft and lifters.
The order shipped on Monday and was at my home in Indiana on Wednesday.
Once again it was well packaged.
Good service.
Dan Shipley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: evw parts Reply with quote

Car Craft has brand new rods for $74.95. Dave46 you missed my point. Do you have any idea how many stores sell VW parts? I have ordered from at least 8 or 9 myself. I have been going to bug shows all over the country for a long time. The number of cars and people at the shows is getting smaller every year. Only the best stores will survive. With the customer base getting smaller every year, shops must be at there best to be competitive. This isn't the first time I have ordered from evwparts. Out of all of the orders I have ever placed for parts and machine shop work, this order was by far the worst.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered TMI seat covers and door cards for my bus and karmann ghia in the past from evw and had them shipped internationally and was happy with the service, quality and prices - would definitely buy again.
meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: eVWParts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anyone dealt with Joe recently at EVW Parts.COM. I sent an order 2 weeks ago and because it is overseas order they have reply with a shipping cost ,but no reply. I have since sent another request but nothing. Is the company still in business?
meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: eVWParts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great news I finally contacted Joe at EVW Parts last night OZ time and my order is progressing.
Serpent7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: eVWParts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just brought them some beetle arms, and radius ball joints. Im having them press out the old ball joints and press in the new radius ball joints. So far communication has been excellent! He even told me that one of my arms were bad, and offered to re-press a new arm for me at no additional cost!
It's clearly me fault bringing him a bad arm. I appreciate the extra service he has given me, and not only that he is not charging me any extra money for my mistake. Any other company would have, and would have been well within their right too! He has even offered to look through his used parts bin to see if he has an extra arm!!!!

COMPANIES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE TO RETAIN AND MAKE NEW CUSTOMERS ARE DRYING UP FAST!!! WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT COMPANIES LIKE THIS!!!

What I didn't tell Joe is that not only do I have a Vw Thing, but I also have a Vw Bus too! He has made a new customer with me, and I am happy to give him first priority with local and mail order parts (which I happen to order pretty often now) and service. I miss Peek Performance, but now I have EVW!

I'll be picking up my arms this week!

I am not here to tell you who to spend your money with, but I can tell you I feel very comfortable with EVW and will be back June 2017 with an even bigger task for them to handle!
1979 Kawasaki KZ1000
1979 Volkswagen Transporter
1973 Volkswagen Thing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: