Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LowBugget.com - A.J. Simms - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: A.J.Sims
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 09, 2011
USMCord1
Razorback

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: LowBugget.com - A.J. Simms - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sending my carbs off to low-bugget for vacum port and bushings. What has been the turn around time for you guys?

Moderator note:
This person has several complaints of slow service or other issues, please check the end of the feedback thread for updates.

Moderator note:
This person is now banned from the site.

Last edited by USMCord1 on Fri May 26, 2006 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mailman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine done there a couple of months ago......turn around time wasn't bad at all. I really don't remember exactly, but I think it was around a month. Then again, I knew I wouldn't need the parts until spring, so it wasn't really an issue for me. Hope that helps....
Wild Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I had mine done about 1 year or so ago. Very fast turn around and oh what a difference. Got the works done. Make sure you spring for the teflon throttle bushings. That's shipping them from the east coast , too.

"Wild" Bill Tucker
Pensacola, Fl
1978 Champagne Edition (High Top Camper Converstion.) 2.0L FI
1969 Squareback 2.0L

www.rareairvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
USMCord1
Razorback

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they are in the mail today, should have it by Wednesday at latest (delivery conformation will tell). Keep you guys posted on what and how long it takes to happen..
RIS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never sent AJ carbs, but I did wait about 4-5 months for my 46mm TB's and 34mm vents...
Instagram: @rismachine
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck man...I sent mine to be rebuilt and it took 2 1/2 months to receive them after they were shipped to them...unacceptable to my standards...also good luck calling and getting ahold of them on the phone it took me 30 phone calls per day average till i could finally talk to someone on the phone...and they kept saying im working on them LOL...had i known it would take so long i would have just rebuilt them myself....live and learn!very bad experience with them...oh yeah i received everything with some bolts missing...i ended up taking a trip to the hardware store to replace them as its quicker then making a phone call to them...when i did get ahold of them joe said oh they werent in the box?also this one really pissed me off...they changed out my jets put in new ones grinded off the number id and sent them to me..apon taking the jets out i found out that i dont know what jets they put in there?so i called joe....he said it should be written on the receipt...so i looked on the receipt...no where on the receipt does it say the size of my jets ...so i call back after 30 times A.J. answers i ask what size jets do i have in here...he doesnt know doh!so i have no clue what jets i have that bites..when i sent them i had 55 idles and 130 mains...get them back ???I would say find someone else to do it they totally SUCK!just my opinion and experience hope urs is better!
Frankenbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had them port my kads for vac, and later on sent them my throttle bodies for rebushing. The porting took a month from start to finish, and the throttle bodies took nearly two. The thing is that they wait untill payment goes through on your card(if you pay that way) before they ship em. My bodies were done a week before they were dropped in the mail. If you don't mind the wait then the quality of work pays for itself.

Is that a good AND bad reference in one post?

Yup.

AJ is the man though, and his shop doesn't do cheap arse work from what I can tell, so be patient.

Tram wrote:
That explains it. Jihad supplies ain't cheap! Very Happy

)'(
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
USMCord1
Razorback

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the clock has started: according to tracking USPS says: Your item was delivered at 1:18 pm on May 30, 2006 in ORANGE, CA 92867.
paul714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I had went to his shop to order a 86mm crank and a set of h-beam rods and a engle cam. It took about 1 month for the crank to get to the shop and took about 3months for my h-beam rods and took about 3 weeks for my Engle cam a plane simple cam non modified. Any how I kept calling the shop he would either not answer or tell me it would be in tommorow!!! so lastly i drove to his shop like a total of 4 times and i finally told him i was tiered of waiting and would like my money back he personally told me " I dont deal with the Finacial part" (its his freaken shop). I am a very very unhappy customer........ a few times that i went to his shop He was eating hamburgers and watching drag videos, vs. to assist me in helping track my parts down!!!!!........pathetic

Last edited by paul714 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Be prepared!!! Reply with quote

Be very prepared for a 2-3 month wait!!!! i hope you are patient

USMCord1 wrote:
Ok the clock has started: according to tracking
USPS says: Your item was delivered at 1:18 pm on May 30, 2006 in ORANGE, CA 92867.
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes seems that you can be very good at the actually wor, but that dont make you a good business man.
There arnt constants rants about AJ's slow service so most customer must be getting things in a sencible time, or are they all just keeping quite?

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might try Art at ACE in SLC Utah.

Fast turnaround for the sets I've sent him.
IDF's and ICT's though........
Haven't sent any K-dogs to him yet but I have a set I need too.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Flatfront
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

paul714 wrote:
He was eating hamburgers and watching drag videos,

Sounds like you may have showed up during lunch. People got to eat.

The last set of Kads I sent out to get rebushed took less then a month.
Singlecab Ruby Red
h1pp13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered Carbs from LowBugget.com

I'm in WV, back hills, Made the Call, Told him want I wanted, Carbs arrived 3 weeks later, nicely packed and run awesome.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like u got lucky bro....mine were packed with shipping peanuts shoved inside the carb throats and i had to clean it all out and blow out all the orifaces...thing is i shipped them wrapped in plastic bags as to not get anything inside the carbs...all i asked for is the same respect...lowbugget has poor customer service and it appears as though their work is a bit sloppy...im sorry but 2 1/2 months is abit much to wait for my carbs especially when im told it would only take a week or two and i have to keep calling and bugging them only to be told were working on them...I was close to telling them to forget it and send my carbs back to me...id avoid them if possible.
a_67vdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it sounds like you got UNlucky. The one experience I had with AJ was a positive one and I would buy from him again.
h1pp13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
sounds like u got lucky bro....mine were packed with shipping peanuts shoved inside the carb throats and i had to clean it all out and blow out all the orifaces...thing is i shipped them wrapped in plastic bags as to not get anything inside the carbs...all i asked for is the same respect...lowbugget has poor customer service and it appears as though their work is a bit sloppy...im sorry but 2 1/2 months is abit much to wait for my carbs especially when im told it would only take a week or two and i have to keep calling and bugging them only to be told were working on them...I was close to telling them to forget it and send my carbs back to me...id avoid them if possible.
wtf.
Sounds like I got shorted Postage Peanuts.

I'm not sure, it sounds like 50/50...
westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...........dropped mine off in mid-March.
(He did say that it would be 3 to 4 weeks)
I just got a call, about 10 days ago,(it's 6/2, now) saying they were done.
Thats after 3 'stop by's' to find out whats up with them.
(I hope the work quality, is better then the service.)
We'll see.

Support our troops. Not all injuries are visible ones.
auslander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I've had nothing but great service from AJ and staff. To date he rebuilt two set's of carbs modified carbs, and a set of the 46IDK carbs. Turn around on all of them was less than a month. AJ even went above and beyond fixing a carb for me that i messed up for free. Wink

66 POS Bus
69 Class 11 Beetle
71 Cat-Look Beetle
64 Old Skool Baja
74 "Swamp" Thing

!!! F**k Cancer !!!
Time's Tide will Smother You
"You can't throw a rock in Long Beach without hitting a tweaker" Steve Tucci
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just speculating, but I think AJ will tell you how long something takes to complete but he may not know now many jobs are in front of you. I had some work done to some Kadrons and he told me when I dropped them off that it was a simple job and only takes a couple days. He didn't know, or didn't tell me, that I was fifth in line for carb work. The jobs in front of me may have been more time consuming. Over the course of about four weeks I called and stopped by to check the progress and was told by Joe (who does the carb work - not AJ) "Your fourth in line, you're third in line" and so on.
Joe is the guy you should talk to when getting an estimate on completion time. He can tell you how many jobs are in front of you but will not give you a commitment on what day yours will be done.
I would just suggest that they work harder to manage customer expectations. It's not difficult to do.

My food baby is crowning.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: