Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LowBugget.com - A.J. Simms - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: A.J.Sims
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 09, 2011
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
yamaducci wrote:
Everett,
When will his Ads be Removed?
Thank you

Have you looked?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=A.J.Sims

I did then realized after doing a re-search that the AJ Sims parts were a third party sale. Not related to AJ Sims.
Sorry.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamaducci:
Thanks for the additional information.

You didn't answer my question so I will assume he does not owe you any direct money that you paid for work never performed.

But you did lose money on time and shipping charges for the work he never performed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
yamaducci:
Thanks for the additional information.

You didn't answer my question so I will assume he does not owe you any direct money that you paid for work never performed.

But you did lose money on time and shipping charges for the work he never performed.

That is correct.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamaducci wrote:
Everett,
When will his Ads be Removed?
Thank you

This was answered but here is some more official information:

When the notice that he was banned was posted, all of his ads were removed from the site. This is our standard operating procedure.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chuey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Is AJ Sims a dreamer? Reply with quote

Any time a man walks away from a situation like I did where AJ Sims pushed me down and got away with it because there were no witnesses, there will be a lot of thinking going on in the one who was pushed. So, I've been thinking about what could possess AJ to do that.

My first thought was that he was desperate. To elaborate on that idea, he appears to be so simple minded that he thinks that the only thing he has to do to make it all better is get rid of "me". Well, he didn't get rid of me, he strengthened my resolve to pursue this until I am reimbursed for the faulty work and broken parts sold to me as "rebuilt".

There is one more thought that has occurred to me since this incident. I may be giving AJ too much credit by saying that there was a reason in his head when he pushed me. The sarcastic side of my mind says that maybe AJ thought that if he pushed me down, it would make the work his shop be magically transformed into good, honest work. Maybe it would make the rod bearings be the right size. Maybe a bushing would magically appear in the transaxle for the starter and it would cosmically weld up the cracked nose cone and dissolve the big ol' glob of sealer his employee had to put on there to cover up the damaged part. That AJ, he's a man with a dream. The dream: Push Chuey and when I wake up in the morning, I'm an honest businessman. Dream on, AJ.

Chuey
Blake R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently ordered a turbo header from lowbugget through my local VW shop, Sportcar Service/ Randy Bowen. Its advertised on his site that he can build headers in custom widths. When it was ordered he was given a width of my engine and was told it wold be about 3 weeks. Once it finally showed up (longer than the 3 weeks he told us) the header was over a half inch too narrow.

AJ didnt want to do anything to make it right, Finally, they said to ship the header back and they would send us the right one, took forever to get the call tag. A few weeks later they called the shop want asked if we were going to send it back. We still didnt have a call tag and Randy didnt want to ship the wrong one back untill we got the right one. still waited for the call tag and it showed up a week before the new header did.

The new header showed up and right off the bat we were not happy, they cut and flanged the number 4 pipe to gain the extra width. which still was a little too narrow. and those flanges were not welded all the way around, just 2 3/4 inch welds holding the flanges to the tubes. PLUS they didnt do anything to widen the 1 and 3 tubes, So I have to bend everything into place to get it bolted up. ON top of that, the no3 j tube is about a half inch too short, for the time being I made a spacer out of a flange to get me to the track sometime this year. Another problem was the bolt holes in the j tubes on the header dont line up.

It would not have been a huge deal if I didnt get EVERYTHING coated, If I would have known it would have been so long (I think 12 weeks) we could have built a header that would have been far nicer than the POS that AJ sold us. I should have known better than to order from him, but figured sense the header probably wasnt built in house, it would have been ok. But Seriously, has the guy ever actually try'd to bolt on the stuff that HE sells? A good business owner would check and QC everything that leaves his shop.

Seriously, why is Lowbugget still around? The guy needs to be put out of business!
kielbasa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave Aj my manifolds to flatten. He charged me 20 bucks, when I got home I noticed nothing was any flatter. I checked be fore and after with straight edge, and feener gauge. I called and asked him about it, he got very defensive said he spent 30 mins sanding... never deal with him again.
Jeff's VW Speed and Fab
4inbore.com
Kielbasa Industries
jg405i
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: BA BA BA Reply with quote

I have a header from AJ and it is the best one i have ever had in 35 years and 14 headers later, still working 3 years now and no paint or high doller sliver stuff... 2.0L type one 3500 miles a month; 80MPH all day; R&P 4.375 ; BROTHERS HEADS 40x35; Pauter Cam K8E8 Shocked
didi wildhaber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: no header... Reply with quote

didi wildhaber wrote:
ordered and prepayed over 3 months ago a simple raw header. no product, no response to mails or calls. no money refund.
348$ for nothing. paypal doesn't help, only 45days buyer protection.

is aj still in business?

finaly, the header arrived 7 months later at my home. problem was a wrong shipping adress: swaziland instead of switzerland! a small mistake (not by me) but with a lot of miles between the two countries.
header quality is good.
so far no lost of money.

didi
kobra289
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Don't buy from AJ Sims/Lowbugget.com Reply with quote

Today, after 5 months of waiting for my Kadron carbs to be rebuilt/modded, I received them back in the mail from Lowbugget.com. No discount for the overly long wait to have the work completed. I began calling every week this past month, so maybe that helped, not that anyone should have to call to pester a company to complete the work. I am pretty displeased with this place and will not recommend them to anyone.

Same day I got my Kadrons back, I called Jeff Lain at the Kaddie Shack. They took my order and had my parts shipped out THE VERY SAME DAY, coming Priority Mail so I should have them before Christmas even. It's my small Christmas Miracle. Jeff was very pleasant and promised to get my orders (now and future) shipped out quickly. Thanks!
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't buy from AJ Sims/Lowbugget.com Reply with quote

kobra289 wrote:
Today, after 5 months of waiting for my Kadron carbs to be rebuilt/modded, I received them back in the mail from Lowbugget.com. No discount for the overly long wait to have the work completed. !

based on the history, your wait was somewhat short....

GEX has. Just sayin
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Kadrons rebushed, looked great, felt great and moved super smooth! Took only 2 weeks cause they had bushings on order. Super. Great quality and he has always gave good prices when we walk in. Me and the wife are pleased as well as other club members...

thanks a.j.
fred g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got great service and quality work when I bought a set of carbs and a distributor six years ago.

YIKES! What happened?

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." H.S Thompson
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, what happened doesn't matter. There are other vendors that would like our business, they show that by the service they give.

78x94 with IDA's....oober fun

Horsepower is an addiction........Addictions cost
lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hethen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get your carbs back?...mine have been there since June 8 and I've tried to be patient, but by August 20 it is getting a little ridiculous not to hear anything! I called once to make sure they were received and he said 6 weeks and I called again at 6 weeks and they said "don't call us, we'll call you"....so I would just warn others what you are in for. If I had known my son's car would be down all summer to get a pair of Kadrons re-jetted, I would have sent them somewhere else. Horrible business model and customer service...I hope the work is worth the wait Rolling Eyes
hethen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up and bought a new set of carbs from someone else....now this joker can take his sweet time with jetting my carbs. DO NOT, I REPEAT...DO NOT, send your Kadron carbs to this guy.
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he answer the ph??

Have him send them back as is........and or a full refund if paid for.

lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hethen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone answers the phone and they take a message, but you never get a call back from Joe, who works on the Kadrons. It is my own fault, AJ seemed like a helpful, knowledgeable, stand-up guy, when he was active on the site about 5 years ago and I should have searched this forum for current feedback. He may still be all of those things, I don't know, but his business customer service, communication, and turn around are all lousy. At this point, I just want him to do the job, but time is not as much of an issue since I have another set of carbs on the way...which I will use on my car when I get my Kadrons back from AJ. I will post back when I finally hear something from them....we are at 10 weeks now and I have seen others in this thread mention a 3-5 month turnaround! We'll see Rolling Eyes
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hethen57 wrote:
Someone answers the phone and they take a message, but you never get a call back from Joe, who works on the Kadrons. It is my own fault, AJ seemed like a helpful, knowledgeable, stand-up guy, when he was active on the site about 5 years ago and I should have searched this forum for current feedback. He may still be all of those things, I don't know, but his business customer service, communication, and turn around are all lousy. At this point, I just want him to do the job, but time is not as much of an issue since I have another set of carbs on the way...which I will use on my car when I get my Kadrons back from AJ. I will post back when I finally hear something from them....we are at 10 weeks now and I have seen others in this thread mention a 3-5 month turnaround! We'll see Rolling Eyes

I would ask for the carbs to be sent back and deal with the Kaddie Shack, instead, if I were you. JMO.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the longer you leave them in his hands, the harder they may be to get then back. I would get them in your possesion, and move on from there. You're having a hard time getting them back now, let alone 6mos from now.

lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: