Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What cool things have you found in your bus?
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwboop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: What cool things have you found in your bus? Reply with quote

Inspired by the thread below.....probably be very interesting to hear what we've all found in our busses. I was digging out the bits of styrofoam directly behind the nose and found some old passes to Disneyland. Pretty cool that my bus in Canada was once there.....where in the heck did those passes go...I left them right there on the package tray? Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coolest thing i found was extra pieces of deluxe nose trim and a sam adams bottle opener.

56 Beetle - Wilbur. I found a lot of lipstick on this pig so far.
63 Beetle - Luna
66 13 window Bus - Tetanus
71 Bay Window - Lola. Totaled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mintonman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got them to! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mabalot5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: i found... Reply with quote

i found a roach!!! i dont think i can post the picture though i swept the bus out...might be illegal...not mine though, honest!!! i also found various parts, lots of cigarette butts, "spank me" sticker, and that should just about cover it.
(21:21:50) vwluver74: nothing wrong with being gay pedro, but it is disturbing when yoiu shove burritos in your ass, flex your kegels and blow it all over your desk
twinwindows: How is it you guys know spark plugs but yet drive turds?
mabalot5150: cause they drive Carlos
twinwindows: lol. fuck you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mintonman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But do you still got it??? Laughing
croscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found a pipe made from an end of a guitar cable. it was cleverly hidden. i hope theres nothing else of that nature in it.
swervyjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I towed home a 62 bus that had been sitting near the ocean for so many years that the roof had rotted of all the was around. There were lots of neat things in the bus though, including an OG warranty booklet on the parcel shelf, somehow it stayed dry!
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one:

I found lots of junk in the panelvan, but the Twister board was jammed hidden behind some wood paneling in the back left side of the bus. Why was it there, more iimportantly, why hide it?! I shudder to think of a bunch of hippies playing Twister in that thing, possibly naked..and hairy!! I better steam clean the inside...
G-wood Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this matchbook in the parcel tray of my camper over 10 years ago.

and take the kids for instance "Are we going in the Volkswagen bus?" and they say "Yay!" and clap their hands and if it's a glorious day you can slide the sunroof back and let a little of the glory in and all of a sudden, it stops looking funny.

-Volkswagen ad
saltfactor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Matchbook Reply with quote

G-Wood. That match book is quite possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Shocked Laughing Old-school raunch,...sweet. I've found a variety of interesting items in most of the buses I've had. The westy had a pretty cool dealer tag (that's pictured in the gallery I think) and a little game piece with German writing on it, a ticket stub from an amusement park, and a buisness card. The '66 Panel had a little bat made from a bic pen and a little bowl piece on the end under the front seat, and a fraternity paddle. And the '74 transporter that was hacked had a PVC bong, a big rubbermaid storage thing full of Christmas ornaments and decorations, including a pretty trick flying Santa mobile w/Jolly St. Nick in a plane and a sack o'presents. The prop is driven by a little electric motor that actually flies the thing around in an orbit. You find crazy stuff in buses. -K-
'61 Double-Door Panel (Sold)
'78 Standard Transporter (Sold)
'66 Panel (Sold)
'70 Fasty (Sold)
'70 Standard Transporter (Sold)
'68 Type 3 Fastback (Sold)
'69 Bus (On tour somewhere)
'70 Fastback (Sold)
'59 NSU Prinz!!! (On a racetrack someday in my dreams)
'66 Buick Wildcat (Sold)

"Come to kindly terms with your Ass for it bears you" - J. Muir
L.A.B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: The cursed Camper Reply with quote

1960 so-23 i bought this camper from a tow truck driver some hippy OD and died in the back of it. All that hippies worldly possessions where still in the bus when i picked it up. tons of broken glass and rocks, nude pics of unshaven hippy girl, weed pipes, books on jewelry making, jerry Garcia drawings, post cards tons of shit

mo money
mo money
mo money

Last edited by L.A.B. on Tue May 30, 2006 9:48 pm; edited 9 times in total
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What cool things have you found in your bus? Reply with quote

vwboop wrote:

holy shit look at the price, pnly 4.75

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an early Palm Pilot, complete with stylus:

///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The cursed Camper Reply with quote

jazzej wrote:

1960 so-23 i bought this camper from a tow truck driver some hippy OD and died in the back of it. All that hippies worldly possessions where still in the bus when i picked it up. tons of broken glass and rocks, nude pics of unshaven hippy girl, weed pipes, books on jewelry making, jerry Garcia drawings, post cards tons of shit

I have that identical postcard on my fridge.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my yellow/tan '56 subhatch, I found a 1962 gas station receipt underneath the headlight bucket behind the kick panel. It had an imprint of the owners credit card. I looked him up in an oline phone book and called them.....him and his 89 year old wife were surprised to hear the old camper they special ordered back in '55 was still around. He went on & on about all the compliments he used to get about the paintjob on that bus.....remembered the name of the dealershi he bought it new from and told me how they ripped him off......charged him $3300 for the bus in '56!I mailed him some updated photos of it last month showing it with new paint.
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a continuation of a post I did about eight months ago. Look at it; it was rather funny.
Before I cut up the 1960 bus that someone gave to me (it had not been driven over the last 15 years), I looked in the deluxe ashtray and saw five roaches and a roach holder made out of a rolled up matchbook cover. Cool
About five years ago, a friend of mine bought an old bus for $500 that had been parked by an orchard outside of Chico when I looked at it but had decided to pass on it. It had been owned by an illegal alien and when he died, the owner of the ranch he had bee working at sold it. When my friend removed the two front door panels, he found a paper bag at the bottom of each door with money in it: a total of $15,000. Surprised
chazwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bus was an empty shell when I bought it.... but, since then I have found a great deal of enjoyment in it.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chazwood wrote:
My bus was an empty shell when I bought it.... but, since then I have found a great deal of enjoyment in it.

Aww, ain't that cute.

Mostly old gums wrappers for me.
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found two little rubber cutouts (arrow) in the left rear corner of my '61 Mango Standard, behind the trim panel.

They fit the cargo floor mat perfectly.

My guess is that they have been there since the bus was new.

I also found other misc. crap including some bullet shells. The bus has a few bullet holes in it that I'm planning to leave as is.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: