Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: BugCity
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 26, 2024
Kris Styes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bugcity In Connecticut.

Recently purchased a thermostat from Bugcity, located in Connecticut. This purchase was via e-bay

The experience was not so good. First, I sent them a USPS money order. A few weeks later, I contacted them asking where the thermostat was? They informed me that the USPS money order was flawed. They made some lame excuse that the money order was paid payable to someone else. Before I sent the money order, I scanned it and offered to e-mail it to them. Obviously, they didn’t want a copy of this!

Then, the item was suppose to be shipped UPS. Instead, it was shipped USPS mail. I was charged for UPS shipping, and instead, they mailed it a less expensive way. They offered no refund for reduced shipping costs.

The thermostat finally arrived (nearly a month after I bought it). The e-bay listing stated that it was used, but in usable condition. The thermostat they sent is damage so much on the bottom that it is unusable.

Before you purchase from this e-bay and Samba vendor, make sure you clarify what you are buying, the shipping terms and condition of the item(s)

Kris (Kansas)
John M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used thermostat from their online website and it was in great condition.

Current: 1972 Beetle - 96V EV
Previous:
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1300SP
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1600SP
1974 Beetle - African Red - 1914CC

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a number of parts from Dave at Bug City. I never had a problem.

I once needed a part next day and told Dave me since he's in CT. and i'm on Long Island, ground shipping would get there. It did and he saved me a extra cost.

Not only do they sell the standard aftermarket stuff, they also have many German and high quality parts. Then there's Dave's large supply of NOS and nice used stuff.

For the Northeast, he's hard to beat.

I understand that you had a problem, but after a number of years, i've not had a problem.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kris Styes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn:

Appreciate your comments and hope that my situation is isolated, although I have received a number of e-mails from SAMBA members that have had experiences with Bugcity that make my issue small in comparison.

Thanks again,

Kris
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris,

You should call their toll free number and ask for Dave. He should at least replace the thermostat with a good working unit.

Shipping is always a sore point with ebay transactions.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought various NOS parts from this person on eBay with no problems.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've "followed" Dave a number of times at the swaps at E-town, Litchfield and other shows. He's a shrewd buyer and a tough negotiator. I've seen him but a part in the morning and sell it the same afternoon for more. That's just business, but seems to piss off people.

I know alot of people are rubbed the wrong way by him, but he's always been fair in the 20+ transactions I've had with him. All of which were for single parts and most were for NOS or good used stuff. So he had no reason to be nicer to me than any ohter customer.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
cnelsonct71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought some parts from Bugcity on Ebay. I have always paid with PayPal. I live in CT and usually get the part within two days. Everything has been exactly as listed. No complaints here.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They or he needs a people skills class. I emailed about a fuel pump and his response to the email made me fell like I was "bothering" him. Short and rude.

I deleted the link to his business and will continue to spend my money with people who understand the concept of "friendly customer service" and that there are many people who sell the same parts.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveTrig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dealt with Dave at BugCity numerous times. Yes, his people skills leave a lot to be desired, but he is *the man* in the northeast. Anytime I need anything quickly, I call him up and and I've got the parts next day. I've been out to his shop for larger stuff -- front beam, etc -- and while there he was incredibly helpful about various questions I had. He's a wealth of information, and while he might seem impatient at times, I think sometimes you have to live without the hand-holding and remember that guys like Dave (and John over at aircooled) are indeed doing you a favor by sharing their knowledge.

VW Logo = Very Happy
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold Dave a hinge pin tool and he paypal'd the money while we were on the phone. It went out yesterday and he should get it tomorrow. Seemed to be a very "business like" kinda guy who I will call on for some parts that I am needing.

Joey
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
2002sportside
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave is very much a business guy. He knows his stuff. Having him a state over is an asset for me. I've dealt with him at shows, and have been to the shop once. Yes, his emails are short and to the point, but do they really need to be long? When I was out at the shop picking up parts for the 1776 I was building be answered all the questions I had. I continue to do business with him for the same reason I do business with Aircooled, you get something you can't get at some of the other places... tech help.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought many parts from Bug City over the years. The deals are good and never had a problem with shipping.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveTrig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been out to Bug City a couple more times in the past few weeks for the new Super: parts for brake conversion, cylinders, heads, etc... Once again, Dave proves an invaluable resource, very friendly, and incredibly helpful.

I'm not shy about calling out suppliers that deserve it, but so far, after a lot of dealings with him, I've had nothing but good experiences at Bug City.

VW Logo = Very Happy
Obertancat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought many, many parts for my '71 Super (which my wife bought from him as well). Now fitting up a 71' Ghia Coupe. Same thing. Good service. Very fast shipping. Lot of knowledge. He can be harried on the phone, but once he knows you he's a rather nice guy.
1962 Easy Camper Transporter
1973 Thing
1974 Thing
1957 Oval Beetle
1974 Type 4 412
schell '59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's Dave, love him or hate him he knows his shit. treats me awesome and I won;t go anywhere else.

just gotta know him that's all.

see my "gallery" for more pics other than the website.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave is a easy guy to deal with and honest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Viande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, ordered on Friday received a tracking number the same day and package arrived on Monday. Could not ask for better service.

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the joy of the cheap price fades away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to chime in here. I drove down to BugCity this weekend to look at some rear fenders for my 63 project. I had given up hope on finding good used fenders here in New England and wanted to compare the Brazilian and Italian repops first hand before buying anything. I had never met Dave before and didn't even know there was a VW parts supplier to CT until last week. He spent almost an hour with me explaining how to identify repops from original and what the drawbacks/benefits are with each different version. I ended up buying two really nice used original fenders he had stashed away rather than the repops. He gave me a really fair price on the set too. He seemed like a good guy, patient, extremely helpful and very willing to share his knowledge. His business/shop seemed pretty low tech...perhaps not ideal for internet and mail order transactions but he definitely knows his stuff. Anyway, he has earned my business...I'll buy from him again in the future...especially when I want the good stuff.
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give Dave at Bug City some positive feed back. Always a pleasure to deal with and to talk to. He has the real good parts we all want. NOS!!! I cannot do what I do with out people like Dave. DL West
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: