Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: BugCity
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

markdam wrote:
got them today in one day no shipping charge cost of a stamp

and i was charged 12.00 not 11.00 re reread original post with email copy

just ftr

Were you responding to me?
I was pointing out that WW charges pretty much the same amount ($11) for non-Postal Service shipping so not really different from BugCity.
I wouldn't want to pay that either. I'd order more stuff so it was "free" shipping for the gels

I thought you were saying you went and got them but if they sent them in an envelope for the cost of a stamp that is cool of them.
On their site it says almost $6, even for the cheaper USPS shipping.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't think it is possible to work with Dave at BugCity anymore. He didn't like being asked a simple question on things he has, then raised prices when I was interested in the product, then pulled it from sale when I offered him what he had it listed for the day before while I was waiting for his answer on the product. In my opinion, his prices are already way inflated compared to other NOS sellers. I probably will never refer anyone to him again because of how he treated me several times I have tried to buy from him. I couldn't send someone to a business like that.
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a rebuilt original German generator. He shipped it out next day and it got to me quickly, and was exactly as described. I hope it lasts much longer then the new ones currently being produced.

Thanks!
205T (Bill)
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I don't think it is possible...

Dave sent me a nice set of Glyco cam bearings. He is an Ok guy. I'd buy again from him.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

purchased a couple items, Arrived as shown on his web page and in a timely manner. Thank you .
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

They had some hard to find clips, packaged them up *really* well, and sent them quickly. Great seller, and good website. I look forward to buying from them, again!
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwNathan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just met Dave after driving from the cape. Picked up a 1641 rebuilt long lock and a few odds and ends. Great pricing and very knowledgeable. Will be doing all my ordering from him for now on!
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugcity In Connecticut - [email protected] Reply with quote

It's called Bugcity for a reason. Bus parts are not high on the priority list.
Last time I was there (it's a 40 minute drive in the bus, 30 in the jetta) he wanted to know if I was ready to sell the bus. He mentioned his daughter needed a wall around the horse corral and he was using busses to do it with (and I'm sure stock piling parts to sell).
Dave is a bit gruff, its a business, profit is involved, but he has done right by me. He's been a good source for the random thing i forgot to order, or the thing i just broke. Being relatively close by, Bugcity s a go to after I call to see if he's got the thing in stock so I can get the job done without waiting on shipping.
Yeah, he has projects out back I've never seen that he's working on, and showing up interrupting him kinda shows. Who here hasent been pissed off when someone interrupts you in the middle of getting something done?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: