Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Single, double cab owners -I have some interesting DVM info
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OvalDude54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Single, double cab owners -I have some interesting DVM info Reply with quote

Did you know DMV basis it's weight fees on your 'truck' weighing over 5,000 lbs?
Well, if you can get it below 3,000 lbs (my single cab weighs 2140 with bumpers and roof rack) you'll save bucks each year on registration.

I took my SC to an Allied Moving (or any large moving company) location in Poway Ca. and had it weighed on their weigh scale. Cost was only $10.00! Show DMV the weigh ticket and they'll reduce your 'weight' fees. Pretty cool!

61 SC
56 Oval
Manx buggy
58 Vet
66 K code Mustang
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you also know if you buy an out of state single or double cab it has to be wieght before you register it, or any bus with out back seats(in cali), So if you buy a bus out of state and plan on bringing it into cali, put a back sit in before getting it inspected.

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how states do it differently. All Fla titles have a weight on them. But I've gotten a few from out of state that didn't. All I had to do was tell them a weight and they were okay with it. Back in the old days our tag number system was based on weight but no longer. According to the state of Fla. My '63 crewcab-1900 lbs(I guessed out of state title) '72 Westy-2649lbs! and '73 Thing-1919lbs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OvalDude54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wierd and cool info..........Sloans265 and Mikee. Thanks for the reply.

kwitchurbelliakinasshool
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Single, double cab owners -I have some interesting DVM i Reply with quote

How much are your reg fees? I just got a double cab and haven't reg'd it yet. I'm in San Diego.
--Dan

OvalDude54 wrote:
Did you know DMV basis it's weight fees on your 'truck' weighing over 5,000 lbs?
Well, if you can get it below 3,000 lbs (my single cab weighs 2140 with bumpers and roof rack) you'll save bucks each year on registration.

I took my SC to an Allied Moving (or any large moving company) location in Poway Ca. and had it weighed on their weigh scale. Cost was only $10.00! Show DMV the weigh ticket and they'll reduce your 'weight' fees. Pretty cool!

61 SC
56 Oval
Manx buggy
58 Vet
66 K code Mustang
OvalDude54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche,
by checking what it 'could/sould have been' and comparing to what it actually is, I'd say the 'weight fee' is $50 less. And, the reduction is automatic each year thereafter too. Not bad for driving onto a scale.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Single, double cab owners -I have some interesting DVM i Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
How much are your reg fees? I just got a double cab and haven't reg'd it yet. I'm in San Diego.
--Dan

OvalDude54 wrote:

61 SC
56 Oval
Manx buggy
58 Vet
66 K code Mustang

OvalDude54 wrote:
Braukuche,
by checking what it 'could/sould have been' and comparing to what it actually is, I'd say the 'weight fee' is $50 less. And, the reduction is automatic each year thereafter too. Not bad for driving onto a scale.

If you just drive it to the city dump, you can have it weigh for free or they may charge you a couple of bucks for the slip. I've done it with my Dormy/trailer camping rig (didn't get the slip though). Just drive it in, get the weight slip, then do a U-turn and get out! Razz
Yellowbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be a dick here, but I'm really gettin' a chuckle out of this thread! I was born and raised in SoCal, so I guess I can get away with it. When I moved to the Great White North, I registered my 63 Kombi with antique vehicle plates for (gasp) $67 for a three year tag. No mileage restriction, no inspection. All the DMV wanted was a title to prove it was over 25 years old. I guess it sorta makes up for being up to my nuts in snow six months out of the year...
Thanks. Thread went from me not being able to understand what Ipis was saying because English is obviously not his first language to me not being able to understand it because English is my first language Laughing

Fuel pumps galore:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=845378
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don3751 wrote:
I don't mean to be a dick here, but I'm really gettin' a chuckle out of this thread! I was born and raised in SoCal, so I guess I can get away with it. When I moved to the Great White North, I registered my 63 Kombi with antique vehicle plates for (gasp) $67 for a three year tag. No mileage restriction, no inspection. All the DMV wanted was a title to prove it was over 25 years old. I guess it sorta makes up for being up to my nuts in snow six months out of the year...

I pay $3 per 3 years of classic registration in Idaho. really nice when I have a fleet of cars.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $35 to register YOM plates in Michigan. Best part is the plate never expires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
I paid $35 to register YOM plates in Michigan. Best part is the plate never expires.

My Cal reg fees for my old VWs is about $40 a piece. What I hate paying is the insurance on them. It adds up with three cars.
--Dan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: