Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The DeMinimis Family Explorer Project - Pics
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHMO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that hood is glass. There are guys than can do that kind of work in aluminum, but it is MUCH easier to do in glass.

Personally, I like a lil more closed in feeling in the desert. I think some body work is a nice addition to a car that might hit a cactus...hahhaa

I'll gladly paint your rail when you're finished, Or at least send me the aluminum work to do something on.

SHMO
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a different, but similar one. Clearly fiberglass. Also, love the double shear hoop. Nice.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thought I'd update the progress: There is no progress on the rail. Kitchen remodel is coming along nicely, however. Did pick up a 091 transaxle. Of course, its in the Westy I bought to haul kids and stuff around in...

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this turned out to be the "Summer that Wasn't." Wasted it with a full house remodel. Sold our house for our asking price before we even got it on the market, so that's a plus. We've got about one week to vacate. At least we are keeping the garage for a few months until we find and move into our new digs. Which brings me to my point. Finally got to fire up the Explorer this evening so I could move it into the now clean garage. That was the most riding I've done in this thing in months (the loud exhaust grabbed the attention of our neighbors, so that was good). This inability to work on the rail is killing me. So, if you see some family of four, sleeping under a bridge with a few VWs and a rail in tow, stop by and have a beer. Got to get back to packing.

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the DMV to start the process of titling and licensing the rail. No hassles and the plates came in the mail today. Hell ya! Also picked up an Optima battery, but need to engage in a little relocation (would like to move it behind the rear seats near the starter, but there may not be enough room). Sadly, that's all I've been able to do. Expect to start knocking it out in '07.

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
takotruckin
SUPER Baja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll be waiting
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress has been slow. Was having icing issues with the single Dell, so switched to duals. That required moving some items around the engine area to accommodate the dual carbs (oil filter, etc). After blowing sand out of idle jets every five minutes or so, I've added Jet Doctors and have a pair of UNI pre-filters on their way. I removed my CNC pedal set up (really a two-wheel brake application, not four-wheel like I need) and will install the new-to-me CNC four-wheel setup this evening. Found two halves of a wavy washer in my oil sump, but it appears their journey was a short one. Since installing the Jet Doctors, I haven't been able to get the duals back to their former glory (I also changed idle jets from 55 to 60 (has 140 mains/180 air) at the same time, but don’t think that has created any bad issues). I think my POS 009 is the main culprit of our rail's current recalcitrant behavior (look it up). Now, need to decide which dizzy is the best and most practical for a desert rail. Leaning towards Mallory, but perhaps a new SVDA would work well. Adios.

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: