Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empigt - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: EmpiGT
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 02, 2023
VWnurses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Empigt - [email protected] Reply with quote

> The Ad for:
> 1971 beetle convertible project!!
> at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=318975
> has been reported for the following reason:
> Ad may contain fraudulent information
>
>this ad originally stated that the car had a clear title and a complete
> motor i contacted the seller we agreed on a time to meet i drove from Ohio
> to Arkansas over 700 miles in a borrowed vehicle only to find he had no
> title in his name or otherwise after being promised one in the ad its in
> someone else's name he does not have it. the motor was not complete it has
> parts missing off of it and the new top he is advertising is 10 or 20
> years old they couldn't agree between themselves how long they have had it
> now that i have returned from the trip he has changed the ad i want
> something done this was a very expensive trip for nothing because they
> lied to me they are advertising a lot of parts and vehicles and i don't
> want anyone else to have the same misfortune of him lying to them as i
> have
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe someone else is lieing now. I never said the car had a title, not one time. Even when the ad was first put on thesamba. I have added to the ad you can get one through broadway title, But that is it! And the only question you ever asked is how much to hold the car. Everyperson that asked about the motor I told was complete except for the distributer cap and wires, was that not the case! And the top and parts are new and never used they are just fine. Thanks' for bad mouthing someone, by you not asking questions about the car. You saw the pictures you said you wanted it, and that was that. This was not my car it was my father's deal he just wanted me to help him sell it. You know this car is worth what we want even without the title.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is no such thing as a 1971 Standard Convertible, that should have raised some red-flags.

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said I was selling this for my father. and I was going by what he said and how he said to list it.

I did just check the number plate in the door jam and it was made 10/1969 that would make it a 1970. I am sorry I should have checked that part my self.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWnurses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ad said has title and complete engine i should have printed it out you changed it only after being called out on it then you come up with some story about a lean that you have on it but cant even produce that
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB could pull the original ad if you asked. That would level the field here.

From the pics, the car doesn't look too bad although it's dirty as hell.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1500 doesn't buy much nowdays. I'm not taking sides here, but you should be glad that you made the trip, saw the car and declined it in person. Maybe the trip was expensive to go see the car, but not as much as it would have been to have it shipped to you. Think how you'd feel if you had bought it sight-unseen ( not in person), and had it shipped to you.

Also, I have made many long, expensive, time consuming trips for vehichles that turned out not to be as represented, or what I would purchase. Consider yourself lucky that you made the trip, and found out the car was not for you. One last thing, when someone lists a car as a "project", it's usually going to be more involved than you think, time and $ wise. Just my .02
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only things that has been changed in the ad, was that it was from 1971 to 1970 and like i said in my other post that was my fault, I admit that, I checked it out and changed it. But as for the title thing, I did add that a title could be purchased through broadway title! The motor is missing only the distributor cap and wires, and if I bought a project I would replace those anyway. Even the air breather is on it and oil is in it, I guess it is incomplete isn't it????
I am not going to argue with you like a child I told you the truth and if you miss read the ad then that's not my fault it yours, I have been a samba member for a long time and have never ripped off anyone! so why would I start with you? I didn't ask you to barrow a car to drive to Ar. without even asking any questions about the car other than what the ad said. I have other VW's on here and emailed 25 or more photos of just the under carrage, I was more than happy to do so, and did. You only asked if I needed a deposit to hold the car and I said no just bring the money when you come. If I was a liar like you say don't you think I would have wanted a deposit before you even got here? If you had been an adult about this and told me face to face that it wasn't what you had thought it was when you got here, we could have worked anything out, but no, you couldn't do it the right way, you had to say "we're going to lunch and we'll talk about it and be back or call"! When you didn't call or come back and you didn't want to discuss anything, and had to act like a child and leave mad. Also if you will remember My Dad even offered to knock off the $150.00 that you would have to pay to get the title, but even that wasn't even good enough for you. If you think I edited the ad other than what I said, ask Everette Barns if you can get a copy of the original ad! You will see that you are incorrect in what you think you read! I called you after you started this thread to talk to you and work this out, but you hung up on me after I told you who I was! So you feel free to say anything you want, anyone that has ever bought from me knows the kind of person I am and that I would never rip anyone off, and also in trying to please you I sold your husband a hood for $50.00 that I could have sold for $150.00 so your trip wasn't for nothing! what you think of me doesn't matter. I am through being nice to you and wasting my time trying to please you. One more thing you should think about in your next reply to your thread look at some law books and read up on defamation of character! Should you decide to talk to me like an adult on the phone feel free to call, if not best wishes in your next endeavor. You might want to really read the next ad and print it off before you decide to borrow a car and make a trip to see the car. Believe me if I have gotten mad at every person that told me about a 21 window or 23 window, only to drive mile after mile just to find a bay window camper, I'd be mad at all my friends! At least You knew what you were coming to see and knew exactly where it was, and had a contact to ask any questions about it, if you would have. I hope Everett can find the original unedited ad for you! I would love to see it! I know exactly what it said!

Check prices, you will not be able to replace this car, with new parts and what has been done to it for this amount, I bet for even $1000 more than I asking you couldn't....... I'm sorry it wasn't what YOU expected it to be for the price.
Good Luck!

Thank you to the people on the samba for understanding that not all people see projects and show cars as the same.
VWnurses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have a problem with the car or the price of the car, the problem was that your ad stated it had a title. Plus your dad never offered to take $150 off the asking price. The car was fine but not worth the headache of trying to get a title. The whole deal seemed shady, like your dad was up to something. The reason we didn't come back was because your dad got a knife out and kept flipping it open and shut. After that I didn't have a whole lot of trust left in you, your dad, or the deal.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, Why would I state it had a title, if I knew someone coming to pick the car up would want the title. I never once said or stated in the ad it had a title. My dad is a goober, but harmless, I am very sorry for that believe me!!!! As for the knife thing, I never saw it, He usually uses one to get grease out from under his finger nails Embarassed He did offer to knock off some of the price because of the title or get a title, and he told me that he would knock off the full cost of the title. I will contact Everett or you can so you can have the proof you need to know what the ad originally said.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what, I asked Everett to post the original ad wording on here, and if the Original version of the ad say's has a title in any way shape or form, I will pay you for the gas that it took you to get here and back to Ohio. That is how sure I am that I never said that. And it has to be posted from Everett not some edited version that you or anyone else typed up.
I also still have all emails from you, Why are you using a differant samba user name than the one you used to ask about the car originally?
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once an ad is edited for any reason, the original wording is lost. We don't have a record of every ad in its original state.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with a friend of mine this past weekend to pick up a T34 Ghia that EmpiGT sold him. I am posting feedback as my friend, Mark, merely lurks on the Samba for information. Anyway, I was greatly impressed with him and would not hesitate to buy parts, cars, or anything VW related. We staying and chatted for quite a while. The T34 my friend bought was a bank repo, and the seller, EmpiGT, stated he would do whatever was needed to get an Arkansas title and all other paperwork straightened out. Mark was very pleased with his purchase and how well the transaction was conducted.

Do not hesitate to deal with this seller.
Dustin B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanted to say that empigt sold me a 59 project yanase bug. i live in california. i talked to empigt close to 15 times asking questions about the car. he told me every little blem with the car. even the day the car was to be shiped to me he called to let me know of some canser he just found to ask me if i still wanted the car. when i got the car here there was no suprises found. i will buy from him anytime he has something i need
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glandnut
40 horses of Fury

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the beautiful Empi horn ring, now I just need a button!!
adriangammon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Empi GT Reply with quote

We bought a bus from Empi in late 2006 and its one of the best signwritten patina buses you could find. We imported it into the UK and its recently won a trophy for its looks.

We had excellent dealings in buying our bus and are very happy to recommend Empi to other buyers.....
busnutbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

purchased a used dogleg. Turned out better than expected. Great communication and quick shipping.
tstracy39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a mechanical Split clock from this seller. Arrived in serviceable condition in good time.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=tstracy39

EverettB wrote:
I like your fork.
GASBNR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a part from Adam,
all the way down in Australia
Good seller

thanks OL
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: '58 tail light lens Reply with quote

Adam was the seller & I was the buyer. He was easy to communicate with, he packed the lens *very* well.
Thanks Adam!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: