Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thanks 1500 Club at the Classic!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godsbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got two good pics of the T3 area before my battery died. But here they are. Ignore the 412's just behind my car, it's all T3's beyond Anne.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Wolfe wrote:
Does that give you a set of 4 yet??

I will have to check. I think I have a set of blackwalls but not whitewalls.

The new one is a thin whitewall.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Russ Wolfe wrote:
Does that give you a set of 4 yet??

I think that gives him 2 sets of 4 Rolling Eyes

Did you sell those BRMs EV?

I might have 10 now but I don't believe I have 2 matching sets of 5. A couple also have unacceptable wear.

My car originally came with whitewalls so I'm always looking.

No on the BRMs. Sort of a surprise given the feedback I received from some rim enthusiasts.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
These are for the 1500 club only. Sorry to all you other non stock riding , with shiny rims, metallic painted car owners. Very Happy
My notch IS stock, with the exception of the 1600 engine. So where are my mud flaps.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tram wrote:
notchback wrote:
hoss wrote:

I also saw the Type 3 Mudflap reproductions that pop had in Lee's swap spot. Did anybody here end up picking up a set?
Tell me more about this!

Come on, Dammit, we're waiting. Where do I order?

Lee Hedges swap spot had a set of black VW logo'd Type 3 mudflaps that were offered to me for $100. There was quiet asian guy that didn't seem to speak much english that I think was Pop (who repops all the T34 rubber). Lee said he brought 3 sets with him, 1 set sold, 1 set was on display and there was another put away.

They looked damn good for repop's. I have no other info on this. Can somebody check the T34 list? I think that is where Lee trolls... if not I can email him to ask for more info.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee has been informed of the thread, stay posted.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Ok. I'll be waiting. Are they the black ones with a white VW logo?

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
notchboy wrote:

I dont know, I havnt seen them. And I would wager that if Lee has had some repoped they are T34 ones. Yes there is a differance.

Dont you have like all the ones you can possibly get anyway Neil??

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
notchback wrote:
notchboy wrote:

I dont know, I havnt seen them. And I would wager that if Lee has had some repoped they are T34 ones. Yes there is a differance.

I don't have an NOS set of the black with white logo ones yet Crying or Very sad

I swear I could have had the body work and paint done on my car three years ago if I would just quit buying all the cool "extras". I can only use one set of mud flaps, so why do I have 6 different NOS sets now? Plus all the tachometers. I need to get my priorities straight.

FU#3
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
notchboy wrote:
notchback wrote:
notchboy wrote:

I don't have an NOS set of the black with white logo ones yet Crying or Very sad

I swear I could have had the body work and paint done on my car three years ago if I would just quit buying all the cool "extras". I can only use one set of mud flaps, so why do I have 6 different NOS sets now? Plus all the tachometers. I need to get my priorities straight.

Yeah I know its some sick shit. I have crap for cars I dont own. Just think of it. Sell all your extra stuff and stay off the rants and out of the samba. There it is.......time and money!

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Lee Hedges
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: T3/34 Repro Mud Flaps Reply with quote

Yes, there are new high-quality T3/34 mud flaps available. Mong (PoP's friend from Thailand) brought the first three sets to the Classic for preview. $100/pair without metal brackets. They are clean & straight and even have the 361 part # on the back of each. The white VW logo has been glued/fused to the black front (vs studs going through the flaps).

See, just 'cause I'm involved with something doesn't always make it T34-related! hehe

One set was bought by a 1967 T34 owner and there are two sets remaining. Mong asked me to sell them for him and see what the interest level might be for additional orders.

If you'd like to be a new owner, give me an email. I accept Paypal to the address below. Add $10 shipping costs within the USA.

[email protected]
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: T3/34 Repro Mud Flaps Reply with quote

Lee Hedges wrote:
Yes, there are new high-quality T3/34 mud flaps available. Mong (PoP's friend from Thailand) brought the first three sets to the Classic for preview. $100/pair without metal brackets. They are clean & straight and even have the 361 part # on the back of each. The white VW logo has been glued/fused to the black front (vs studs going through the flaps).

See, just 'cause I'm involved with something doesn't always make it T34-related! hehe

One set was bought by a 1967 T34 owner and there are two sets remaining. Mong asked me to sell them for him and see what the interest level might be for additional orders.

If you'd like to be a new owner, give me an email. I accept Paypal to the address below. Add $10 shipping costs within the USA.

[email protected]
Cool. I just sent you the money with PayPal. Wink

FU#3
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil, does that mean you might have a pair for sale?

If not, you are HOARDING just like notchboy. Shame on you Sad
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Neil, does that mean you might have a pair for sale?

If not, you are HOARDING just like notchboy. Shame on you Sad
Yeap, I'm a hoarder (not a whore-der).

FU#3
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correct, didn't you just miss coming to the classic because you didn't have the funds to come because one of your non-VW's broke down? Next time just sell some parts to get down this way.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
If I remember correct, didn't you just miss coming to the classic because you didn't have the funds to come because one of your non-VW's broke down? Next time just sell some parts to get down this way.
Yeah, that was the deal. The dead F*rd combined with the fact that I have to drive to Wisconsin in 10 days for a Family Reunion made it impossible for me to make it. Next on the schedule is the Invasion. I wonder what's going to prevent me from making it there Question

FU#3
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is buying and HOARDING rare t3 parts Question
the1500club.com
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
My guess is buying and HOARDING rare t3 parts Question
You're probably right Embarassed

FU#3
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are hoarding all these parts, don't suppose youve got a nice shiny NOS 32PHN carb for me do you?????????

http://www.aircooledapparel.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AircooledApparel
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55OvalCharlie wrote:
If you are hoarding all these parts, don't suppose youve got a nice shiny NOS 32PHN carb for me do you?????????
Why would I have one of those? They never put them on a 1500S Laughing Laughing

Nope. Just accessories like mud flaps, center consoles and tachometers.

FU#3
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: