Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

karmannghias - [email protected] - karmannghias.com
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: karmannghias
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 23, 2024
lolapalazzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: karmannghias - [email protected] - karmannghias.com Reply with quote

Sad I struck a deal with IVAN at KarmannGhias.com on Friday for a '65 Con. Ghia...We agreed on a price over the phone, then confirmed by email. This morning, Monday, I'm on my way to make the wire, checking my email about the shipping and find an email in my box from IVAN saying he has excepted a deposit from someone else in the meanwhile! I am SO disappointed! Mad! Here is is email from Friday afternoon:

Lola, thank you for buying this ghia, I'll sell it to you for $11K, call your shipper, the one you told me about this morning, as far as payment, you can sent me a bank wire, bank to bank, or a cashier's check by mail, which one will you prefer? thanks again, Ivan

Now here is todays:
Lola, one of my customers put down a deposit towards the 1965 ghia, if it doesn't sell I'll let you know, I also have this other ghia for sale now:

Unbelieveable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't see the car in person before you struck a deal, then consider yourself lucky. Why would you even consider buying a car for that much money without having looked at it or at least having a 3rd party check it out for you?
lolapalazzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a beautiful 1961 Ghia on line 6 years ago, from only seeing pictures, talking on the phone and feeling good about the people I was trusting. You may be right, maybe you only get lucky once ;> and the rest of online sellers....? Well buyer beware of www.karmannghias.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: www.karmannghias.com Reply with quote

lolapalazzo wrote:
Sad I struck a deal with IVAN at KarmannGhias.com on Friday for a '65 Con. Ghia...We agreed on a price over the phone, then confirmed by email. This morning, Monday, I'm on my way to make the wire, checking my email about the shipping and find an email in my box from IVAN saying he has excepted a deposit from someone else in the meanwhile! I am SO disappointed! Mad! Here is is email from Friday afternoon:

Lola, thank you for buying this ghia, I'll sell it to you for $11K, call your shipper, the one you told me about this morning, as far as payment, you can sent me a bank wire, bank to bank, or a cashier's check by mail, which one will you prefer? thanks again, Ivan

Now here is todays:
Lola, one of my customers put down a deposit towards the 1965 ghia, if it doesn't sell I'll let you know, I also have this other ghia for sale now:

Unbelieveable.

Sorry all, I`m just a little confused here. I`m looking for feedback on "KarmannGhias.com" as it seems that there is lot of stuff for sale here and on EBay. When I go to this specific site there is only a vert for sale, no parts. I would think that with all the ads Karmannghias has here on the Samba, there would be some legit feedback? So what`s the real deal? Anybody?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible you are confusing us:
www.karmannghia.com (the parts vendor with no "s" on the end of "karmannghia")

with:
www.karmannghiaS.com (the guy that sells complete Karmann Ghias)

Question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre@KGPR/Airhead wrote:
Is it possible you are confusing us:
www.karmannghia.com (the parts vendor with no "s" on the end of "karmannghia")

with:
www.karmannghiaS.com (the guy that sells complete Karmann Ghias)

Question

Hi Andre, I`ve dealt with you guys @ KGPR and you are great!
There is alot of ads here and on EBay from KarmannGhias, from Phelan, Cal. When you go to one of the many ads and click on their name, or feedback, it shows none. I rarely have this problem with anyone else, as I constantly check feedback before I buy. Art
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dons70ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a couple of excellent repro side view mirrors from Ivan. Communication was excellent and the parts were shipped quickly. Great Service. Thanks Ivan!!
57veedubb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: NEVER AGAIN!!! >.< Reply with quote

bought interior clips for my OG ghia door moldings and find out they don't fit. i thought the moldings he sells were supposed to be a "SUPER REPRODUCTION" of the OG moldings and have no problems fitting the molding channels; well they're not and the clips won't go in! no where on the ad did it/does it say "won't fit OG moldings." all it said was blah blah blah "A SUPER REPRODUCTION...............THAT'S RIGHT! ------> OR YOUR MONEY BACK!" false advertisement and false claim because i haven't got any money back. definitely won't be getting my business again.

and for everybody out there, here's another lie "THE ORIGINAL FACTORY STOCK C-CHANNEL MOLDINGS (GHIAS 1956-66) DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE" ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

airhead carries them

http://www.karmannghia.com/viewDetail.asp?idProduct=8228
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody purchase a windshield from them? Ad said Phelan, Pick up is in Pasadena?? Rolling Eyes Kinda worried.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1091172
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DrWingTipShoes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(3) O/S RH Ghia mirrors. Nice repros, good price. I'm set for life. Smooth transaction and prompt ship. Thanx Ivan!
'67 343 Ghia Coupe
'69 143 Ghia Coupe L62K
'69 143 Ghia Coupe L51K
'72 141 Ghia Convertible - TOTALED 09 Sep '13
-ALWAYS Looking for NICE 1969 Type 14 Ghias and a "345"!!
RIP '60 143 Ghia Coupe
RIP '66 143 Ghia Coupe
RIP '68 113 Sedan
RIP '71 143 Ghia Coupe
RIP '74 143 Ghia Coupe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottkrough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IVAN BAUSTIDA: AKA: Karmanghias.com (not karmann ghia parts and restoration)

I started a 1963 coupe karmann ghia build for my son. In the process i saw an advertisement on here from Ivan and purchased some parts from him. in his ad it stated that he knows Karmann ghias. So I asked hime where to have my rear view mirror refurbished and he said he has someone that will do it for me along with my rear pop out window latches.
I agreed and sent the mirror and latches with a pay pal amount of over 700 dollars to him (I purchased other parts as well as the refurbishing)
After several months i contacted Ivan and he said he will check on them and that he had been busy. I then asked him again after another month and he appologized saying he totally forgot but they are done he will send them out right away to the same address he had sent my other purchased parts to.
Low and behold they never showed up.
Now Ivan refuses to answer my phone calls, emails, private messages or any type of communication. I go onto Ebay this morning as i always do looking for parts and wouldn't you know Ivan has an ad on ebay selling a completely refurbished mirror just like the one I sent him. I responded to the ebay ad but he will not contact me. i have now left him a message explaining that i want my mirror and latches back or else.
Be warned do not do buisness with this guy whatsoever. he is a cheat and a liar. i have a paypal receipt and i have e mails and promises from him with no response now for over 4 months. I am now dealing with pay pal and ebay to work this out.

Here is the last e mail from Ivan.
Scott, sorry about that! I now have your mirror and latches ready, same address??
thanks Ivan
sent february 10th 2012... This is really upsetting me that he now has my parts for sale on EBAY I am really getting more and more upset about this guy and his shady deals. If anyone knows or has access to this clown please let me know. i am driving to southern california next week and want to drop in on Ivan and get my parts or at the very least get satisfaction from him http://www.ebay.com/itm/120889285359?_trksid=p3984...mp;vxp=mtr

Check out our 63' Ghia Build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=519643
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent to Ivan about this issue.
If he doesn't respond within a day or so, please email me again.

We already spoke via email but I know you wanted advice so my advice is to:
1. Contact eBay and report the items
2. Contact the police in his area, if needed, to report these as stolen items.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottkrough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice Everette.
I have contacted the san bernadino county sheriffs department for stolen property and the FBI for internet fraud. Pay pal has opened a case with Ebay for selling stolen parts.

Now we will wait and see how long it takes for this gentleman to be picked up and Karma have it's way with him...

And to think all he had to do was send my parts back to me!

scottkrough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reminder IVAN is a crook Reply with quote

Just a reminder for all of you thinking of doing business with this crook.

This guy
Karmanghias.com
has stolem my parts and is now running from the law.
He has refused to return the parts and or my money
over 700 dollars worth.
He continues to advertise here and on ebay.

Warning to everyone STAY AWAY from him or take the chance of being his next victim

Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god I read the feedback, I was just about to buy a shitload of parts from this guy for my 60 vert restoration....hey everett, why is this guy still allowed to sell on the samba???????I know if this was me, I would have been crucified, tared and feathered a long time ago.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottkrough did not post an update but this seller stated he was sending the parts back on August 5th.

I just emailed Scott for an update.

Ivan's responses that I saw were unprofessional... or he did not respond at all.
He would have been banned except for Scott saying he was told the parts were being sent back.

I would hold off for now due to the above situation.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottkrough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like this is the final chapter in a long saga in dealing with "IVAN BASTIDA" AKA: KARMANGHIAS.COM..........

I was going to post all of the e mails and correspondences between Ivan and myself but truthfully i am just worn out with this entire situation.

In a nut shell i purchased a bunch of parts from Ivan as well as sent him the Qtr window latches and rear view mirror from a 1963 Karmann Ghia coupe. After begging him for months to send me back my latches and mirror i finally notified the authorities and anyone else that would listen. I must say Everette from the Samba was very understanding and helped to get Ivan to at least respond to my requests.
At the end of the day this is the final outcome.

Ivan has sent me qtr window latches that he purchased from KGPR... still in the package. Not saying I don't appreciate the gesture to make good on his word but they are not original to the car and look like they have been sitting around his garage for awhile. he also sent me back a mirror that is not the same as the one I sent him and it was never restored. This means that now after a year of waiting i need to have the mirror restored that is not original to the car and of course i have to pay for it again.
Bottom line is Ivan took my quality parts and gave me a bunch of junk in return that I now have to spend more money to have re-done again. Thanks Ivan your a true Prince. Funny thing is he has the mirror i sent him on Ebay and is trying to sell it for 395 dollars... LOL I hope you choke on that money.

This is the mirror ivan sent me that I paid to have rebuilt and was told would look magical... The only thing maguical was the way he made my money dissappear.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bozhog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: 1974 Bus steering wheel Reply with quote

Thanks Ivan
Received the steering wheel today from Canada Post. Fast shipping and very smooth transaction from the begining. Item is excellent.

Don
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to buy a bus steering wheel from ivan. After reading these responses im a little worried now. $300 with shipping. Maybe ill hold off.
sellinmyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a set of clips from Ivan for some interior trim pieces. They got here extremely quick and I was fortunate enough to not have to buy all new pieces (he sells the clips with his trim kit).

Smooth and easy transaction, he is the only person I could find (both through small and large companies, as well as private sellers on TheSamba) to have the clips I needed. Thanks Ivan!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: