Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

passenger side road noise seems loud (part 2)
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aguabonita
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: passenger side road noise seems loud (part 2) Reply with quote

I have had this problem since buying her. Theres seems to be more noise coming from the passenger side wheel well than the driver side.
Had the prob. with the oem wheels AND the new wheels that I purchased. The guys at Van Cafe just put in some big brakes (Audi conversion) and repacked the bearings as well. sooo...it can't be the bearings. I've looked all around the exterior and can't find anything suspicious. I may tear her down to do some sound insulation but, in the interim, any ideas as to what may be causing this prob.?
she is an '87 Westy.
Thanks all! Happy Summer Cool
Kev
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it happen all the time or just when your giving it gas?
When you are driving and you hear the noise try pushing in the clutch and letting it coast, does the noise go away?
If it only does it under power it is probably a worn differential/transmission.
When was the last time the oil in the transmission was changed?
aguabonita
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pretty much happens all of the time (but it is the loudest at higher speeds). It is really only road noise/humming that I am hearing though, nothing mechanical sounding. It almost seems as if there is vent open but I know there is not. Very confusing. Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: