Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

84 vanagon fuel pump
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibbons Glass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Large hose Reply with quote

So there is a hose going from the tank to the pump but just before the pump there is about 4 inches of a larger hose should this be replaced and do you know what size each hose is
Bamboozl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump relay Reply with quote

Gibbons Glass wrote:
How does one know which relay is the fuel pump and which is the ignition I am trying to replace an 84 vanagon fuel pump relay

Noticed no one answered this. I have a Bosch with two different size terminals, one large, one small. Which is ground and which is power, or does it matter? Thanks.
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump relay Reply with quote

[quote="Bamboozl"]
Gibbons Glass wrote:
... I have a Bosch with two different size terminals, one large, one small. Which is ground and which is power, or does it matter?

It matters. On the pumps I have seen the terminals were the same size -- but those pumps also had a red + on the side next to the positive terminal (may look like a red X if they painted it crooked).
GTIII86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 84 vanagon fuel pump Reply with quote

Realize this is a dead thread but in case anyone comes across in their travels and is still looking for a fuel pump...I'm actually finding the Bosch OEM (#69469) on Amazon is down to $130. Plus if you're Prime you get it in 2 days with free shipping.

If you have an older setup like me, get the plastic filter and replace at the same time - Beck Arnley 043-0792 Fuel Filter - also on Amazon for like $8.

Yes I have read the threads that suggest another HP fuel filter after the pump, GoWesty has a kit for it, but decided against it for now.

'85 Wolfsburg Westy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: