Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Traded beat down civic for 62 ragtop
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Traded beat down civic for 62 ragtop Reply with quote

This car has been parked down my block for awhile now but never bothered to ask if it was for sale, It never moved and Its been sitting for so long the front 135s were flat. One day i drove by and told my girlfriend i want to get a ragtop like that one and she says to ask if its for sale, so I went to the door and he said ya but im looking for a car for work, I offered him my sisters salvaged 92 civic he looked at it and said ok lets do it. I thought I was dreaming he signed the pink and said thanks. So I guess my sister has to drive my truck for now but I dont care. I found receipts of the motor being rebuilt last january and the motor does look new, It has no rust and is very complete. Ill post some pics soon, keep in mind the civic was salvaged and needed tons of work. Lets hear some other crazy trades.!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post some pics.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
volkswagenut
Samba's Big Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good trade ! Wink
itsjustme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lets hear some other crazy trades.!!

I got a dog for my wife that was a good trade. Laughing
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
post some pics.
It also came with european headlights,german roof rack,tripometer speedo,real empi dash plaque and real empi door pulls!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
low66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i have driven that car...where did u get that from?actaully now that a look at it i have driven that car..I was even gonna buy that car.
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from some guy in my neighborhood named Victor also he had no idea what he had as far as he knew it was just a bug! It had lowlifevw stickers on it and has all white interior it looks as though it was a work in progress
low66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i've driven it and that guy was clueless about that car...
low66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was in my autobody class, he was taking it as a adult. the guy would come to class every once in a while and with a different car everytime..I wanted to buy it but he said he just got it ..
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you see it and how long ago was this? He also said that some guy wanted to buy it but never came through, Do you think it was worth it?
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugforlife wrote:
he was in my autobody class, he was taking it as a adult. the guy would come to class every once in a while and with a different car everytime..I wanted to buy it but he said he just got it ..
Ya he had a porsche and a couple of BMWs, Its getting a narrowed beam next week with chrome empis. How much did you offer him
Skim
Rants Master

Looks like a good trade. Hows the pan, any rust issues?
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
low66
Samba Member

awhile back maybe 4 - 6 month ago he out of the blue stop coming to class and i never got his number...I think he said he got it for $900.
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
Looks like a good trade. Hows the pan, any rust issues?
NO rust at all o.g pan but has aftermarket fenders, those are getting replaced with o.g ones though, those aftermarket ones dent up so easy plus they look like shit
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugforlife wrote:
awhile back maybe 4 - 6 month ago he out of the blue stop coming to class and i never got his number...I think he said he got it for $900.
Ya i knew he got it for a good price but he never told me its ok cause my sis got that civic for free from my aunt. So I think I came out on top on that trade
low66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that car is solid ...it was really low as i remember it and need sum engine work , paint job, etc but it was a really cool car and i wish i would have got it, i offered him $900 what he paid and he told me well i dont know if i wanna sell it. then just stop coming and i never got his number..Also i remember he had two bmw, a couple porshes, old school bently, etc
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugforlife wrote:
that car is solid ...it was really low as i remember it and need sum engine work , paint job, etc but it was a really cool car and i wish i would have got it, i offered him $900 what he paid and he told me well i dont know if i wanna sell it. then just stop coming and i never got his number..Also i remember he had two bmw, a couple porshes, old school bently, etc
Yup sounds like him!! It needs the linkage for the carbs replaced it has dual kadrons if you know anyone who has one laying around
low66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very kool rag im kinda jelous now, i love that car for sum reason. It was the first slammed dub i ever drove, once i drove it i slmamed mine..But i only wanted the car cause it had a nice og rack and the empi door pulls.. Kool dub through, when he brought it in he said he had only driven it once and he didnt even seem to like it...it then stayed there (autobody shop at chino high) for a couple weeks.
vic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugforlife wrote:
very kool rag im kinda jelous now, i love that car for sum reason. It was the first slammed dub i ever drove, once i drove it i slmamed mine..But i only wanted the car cause it had a nice og rack and the empi door pulls.. Kool dub through, when he brought it in he said he had only driven it once and he didnt even seem to like it...it then stayed there (autobody shop at chino high) for a couple weeks.
I was going through you gallery pics and did you buy a 64 from some guy named Jose, my friend bought that car but gave it back because it had a salvaged title. And even though it has a ugly primer job for some reason it does catch my eye too, well it is a rag right!! lol. And the rack is og it even says made it germany but i dont like rags with racks so it is for sale.
low66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never bought the 64 but yes it was that guy who was selling it...Btw if u wanna sell the rag pm me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: