Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michigan Dubbers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

They wouldn't put anybody in jail, but they could definitely sue, which the club can't afford to fight. Or they could legally disband us with hefty fines. It's funny, Volkswagen of America currently donates 5 to 7 thousand dollars per year to the club as sponsorship money, and we'd lose this if we didn't adhere to their demands. So in a way this is all about money, as opposed to trademark rights. We also have our yearly car show in Frankenmuth in June, and there's more buzz there because of corporate sponsorship and involvement.

And for those that don't know about it, we have coming up the 2023 Annual Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Festival, held in Frankenmuth on June 9, 10, and 11th. The festivities will start Friday the 9th of June at 5pm on Main Street, in front of Zehnder's Restaurant. We will have a car show right on Main street for our VW's, and Main Street will be shut down to all other traffic. It's a block party and we are at the center of it. Saturday we will have our actual show at the River Place, right off of Main Street. Details TBA. Sunday there is a very large and long parade through town. VWOA will have 3 cars in the show and we will have one.
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Well it appears that the worlds largest auto corp has a Huge BUG up their ass.
MVVC has been promoting the VW brand for over 36 years and this is how VW responds?... This is why I would never again purchase their products.
Money Grab!
I don't understand their cease & desist, MVVC is NOT selling or branding anything for money. Just promoting their VW brand, for FREE.
Most VW Clubs are not chapter members of Volkswagen Club of America, being a chapter member has its benefits, show insurance, sponsorship, etc.
Makes me wonder if their going after all VW Clubs using their name or if their going after VCOA chapter clubs. Organized VW clubs have a board and membership, where non-sanctioned clubs using Volkswagen will not be affected.
I personally would wait it out and follow Volkswagen Club of America's lead.
The MVVC should not change their call letters, if your going to do this and rename the club, it should not have any affiliation with Volkswagen at all.

MVVC : Michigan Volk V-Dubb Club
My .02
Lost in Space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Just wondering if there are any other fellow YOOPERS here ?

Specifically western Upper Penninsula ( or far northern Wisconsin )
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Lost in Space, for College, I’m in Houghton with my 72 bus a good part of the year.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Is that Houghton near Letchworth or another one?
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

I'm just a 'Troll' Rolling Eyes ,,, south/under the 'Bridge' Laughing Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Well, the Michigan Vintage VW Club is still active, as we had our fall color tour yesterday. It was cold and windy, but the rain held off and kept all of the cars dry. We travelled to Algonac from Sterling Heights, with stops at an apple orchard/market, Stahl's Car Museum, and into Algonac for dinner, and the Maritime Museum.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Jump to:
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: