Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

gas question
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: gas question Reply with quote

so i'm new to the watercooled scene and i have gotten myself a 1985 cabriolet. it's got 86,000 i'm the second owner and its a wicked new cool little car. but here my problem. when i go to the gas station i go to fill it up and the gas will pump for about a buck fifty or so then it will stop, and then it will only pump like 5 maybe 10 cents at a time and then it over flows everywhere and i know the tank it no where near to full. see my gas gauge is broken and i know it needs gas. how do other people put gas in there cariolet or rabbits?? cause i really need gas and i don't want to run out on the side of the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your tank is not venting right. For fuel to go in air must come out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
i_want_a_pre_49_ratbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes more than likely it is tank vent.. I used to have an old Fiat X1/9
it did same thing i replaced the hoses & all was fine after im guessing i had a clogged vent hose? but thats where i would start looking..
Randy
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do i find the vent??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: