Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jusbugs in Pass Christian, Mississippi
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcatak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Jusbugs in Pass Christian, Mississippi Reply with quote

I ordered a set of heater channels and floorpans from Doug @ jusbugs and I was happy with the purchase. He doesn't have a storefront like other places and therefore he is able to pass the savings on to us. He has a Large selection of parts and supplies for just about every type of model you can think of though. Doug is a great guy, and if you don't see something you need, he can pretty much get it for you. Very Happy

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road...

Never buy a car you can't push... Authors Unknown
Ky.Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that. I've dealt with Doug on the show circuit a few times and he's always been more than helpful and his prices are very fair. He is definitely a positive force in the VW scene.
http://www.jusbugs.com/

"Please don't dominate the rap jack, if you've got nothing new to say.."
qbeem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: JusBugs Reply with quote

Ditto, I've known for Doug for 4 or 5 years now, He's a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Always helpful and just a phone call away. He ships daily and worldwide. Has good prices and great selection of parts. He has a website for those interested. www.JusBugs.com Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Wild Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool With out a doubt the best VW parts seller on the Car Show circuit and operates a first class VW repair shop, too. Have done several $$ business with Doug and Cheryl and so have several club members. Stands 100% behind all his sales and work. I highly recomend Jus' Bugs. Doug and Cheryl can do it all and watch out for them on the drag race circuit ,too.
Keep up the good work. Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Wild" Bill Tucker
Pensacola, Fl
1978 Champagne Edition (High Top Camper Converstion.) 2.0L FI
1969 Squareback 2.0L

www.rareairvw.com

Last edited by Wild Bill on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
petechaney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: rave for jusbugs Reply with quote

I too have dealt with Doug on the show circuit. Aoways a helpful man and always a fair deal. Thanks Doug, Pete Chaney.
mbugz60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also vouch for Doug and Cheryl at jus'bugs. You won't find better people to deal with. I see them quite often at different shows in the southeast.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put in my first order from jusbugs in Pass Christian MS, I had to change part of the order afterwards and called, spoke to Doug and he was VERY accommodating and had the issue resolved in no time. Received the order in 3 days (!) and it was perfect. HIGHLY recommend this vendor!

-sb001

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to retract my previous positive feedback concerning jusbugs and change it to a BIG negative. When the muffler and tin I ordered did not fit, due to this company stocking inferior aftermarket crap, I tried very courteously to ask about returning them, only to be met with the following rude response:

OK first of all we don't sell parts that don't fit, I sell these mufflers all day long and I also install these mufflers as well, I have never had a problem with these parts.now with that being said. you bought these parts in dec. of last year. if you look at the bottom of your receipt it says NO EXCHANGE OR REFUNDS AFTER 14 DAYS. Keep your parts.

So-- if you decide to buy from jusbugs, be ready to install the parts IMMEDIATELY to test their fit or you'll be stuck with them. And if (when) they don't fit and you do return them, be prepared to be charged their 15% restocking fee. So let's see: rudeness to customers + limited time return + 15% restocking fee = never buy from jusbugs IMO.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is to post pics of how it doesn't fit and email them to them as well.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JusBugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: rave for jusbugs Reply with quote

this is the first email I sent back to the guy about his parts,

I don't mine taking those items back, we do credits not refunds and there is a 15% restocking fee. you may be better off trying to sell them than to pay shipping back to me plus a restocking fee. just let me know i will do whatever you choose.
Thanks
Doug

he replied back with this demanding a refund not a credit, he bought these parts last year. anybody that has purchased parts from us knows how we do business the muffler he bought was a Demark muffler and the tins was empi #00-8948

I don't mind the restocking fee as well as paying shipping back but I would really rather send them back for a refund. I obviously wouldn't have bought the parts in the first place if I had known they wouldn't fit. I don't need the store credit especially if what I buy won't fit. They are obviously poorly made by companies that don't care- if you are going to sell these products then you need to inform potential buyers that there is a good chance they won't fit, or stop selling them altogether. I would very much appreciate if you would take these back and issue a refund for me. Thanks
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
My opinion is to post pics of how it doesn't fit and email them to them as well.

For reference, he has posted photos and information here regarding the muffler:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=583666
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chink13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive spent hundreds of my hard earned at jusbugs. ive had issues with a few parts, but thats my own fault for not doing the research and even then i stick to the return policies that have been in place. ive dealt with doug for 7 years now and hes treated me very well i tell him when things dont work out and he always has an answer to solve the problem.

as for sb001 what did you exspect?? if these parts were made by VW the wouldnt be a problem but these are repop parts. NOT ALL OF THEM FIT and require a small amout of effort to install. i saw the pictures and to be honest thats nothing to complain about. now if the muffler broke off going down the road id bitch too!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... a lot of jibber jabber today in the local VW scene about this thread. After I read this thread I see why.....

Read the post about the exhaust...big whoop. With our cars being over 40 years old, multiple parts being changed, hardly anything ever fits perfect. You have to tweek it a bit. On exhausts especially stock exhausts it is not uncommon to have to loosen everything and then bring it all back together slowly. In some cases on those preheat dealios you have to shove a pipe, end of a hammer, or something similar in the sheetmetal to nudge it to make it fit. No big deal..... It is part of being a mechanic.

As for the rant....pffftttt... Doug has been in business for years, in a small, small, local VW scene. Why? because he takes care of his customers. I cant tell you how many times he has helped me out of a bind. Ask anyone around here and they will tell you the same.

Doug and Cheryl are good people. Bottom line.........
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
Wild Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In life .. There is always 1/2 of 1 per cent that will never be satisfied.
Jus Bugs is the reason why there are literally hundreds of VWs still running on the Gulf Coast. I have dealt with a lot of VW parts dealer in my time and Doug and Cheryl are the Best. Best Customer Service, Best Technical support and Best of all Good ,Fair, Honest, Decent,Hard Working, Level headed VW People.
Our VW Club is getting ready to make a large order based solely on our past experiences. Doug and Cheryl fear not we in the VW Community know who you are and what you represent.
Keep up the Good work. Applause Applause Applause

"Wild" Bill Tucker
Pensacola, Fl
1978 Champagne Edition (High Top Camper Converstion.) 2.0L FI
1969 Squareback 2.0L

www.rareairvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wdbiggs2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: JusBugs In Pass Christian, Mississippi Reply with quote

As I read thru the unhappy customer's complaint, I can visualize exactly the problems he is encountering. Just this past weekend as I built a new engine for my 74 Super I encountered similar issues with the tin and muffler not aligning exactly right. However, in my case it was a NOS German muffler that I had scored at a swap meet a few years back and all brand new tins. The preheat boxes did not align with the heater box and the cylinder head tins did not align with the other parts. Everything needed some trimming to move them around to make them fit. Bottom line is, when working with these old VWs, you have to be able to make parts and to make the aftermarket parts fit. As someone said earlier, that is part of being a mechanic. I have spent a "few dollars" with JusBugs myself and have been extremely happy with the products, prices, and the customer service. I also consider them to be my friends. So I am very disappointed to see them unjustly battered on this forum.
Willie Biggs
Navarre, Florida
mbugz60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Doug and Cheryl personally and I can tell you they are honest people to deal with. If Doug made a mistake, he would take care of it quick. I would trust them with anything I own.

BTW Doug, your drag bug is slow. Twisted Evil
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: rave for jusbugs Reply with quote

JusBugs wrote:
I don't mine taking those items back, we do credits not refunds and there is a 15% restocking fee. you may be better off trying to sell them than to pay shipping back to me plus a restocking fee. just let me know i will do whatever you choose.
Thanks
Doug

From what I read, he did offer to take care of it but not to the customers liking even after the return deadline passed Wink
can't do any better than that.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
igolo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought several items from Doug and I've never had an issue with him or the parts. He gets a thumbs up in my book.
Baja Don
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Doing business with Doug and Cheryl Reply with quote

I've known Doug and Cheryl for many years now, and while I'm sure I haven't done enough business with him to keep the doors open, I know I've bought a fair share of parts from him and I've never had a problem.

Just this past October my Altenator on my '70 Beetle decided to start putting out 19 volts while I was at Cruising the Coast. Doug kept his doors open late to sell me one at a VERY competitive price! He also talked me into waiting until I got home to install it, and I'm glad I did!

Thanks DOUG!!!
hotrod 68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been dealing with Jusbugs for about 6 years now . Hands down better customer service then the big internet stores .Doug has help me out of a bond a few times with parts. Also not many businesses owners will pull up a chair and just talk to you about your dub , life , or whatever.
Doug has my business and I will keep recommending jusbugs to everyone I know .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: