Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Bus Depot
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SKR123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: To add... Reply with quote

I want to add that I have had good customer service and have been made aware of back order issues throughout. However, shipping a plastic grill in this manner exudes a "cheapness" that is unacceptable. I paid good money for this and the price paid implies an expectation of professionalism as a consumer. To chintz on a lousy box appropriate for the task just makes for a poor representation of the company as a whole. Hoping it is rectified to my satisfaction and timeframe.
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grill should never have gone out like that. Please pm me your info and we will send you an immediate replacement.

FWIW we have had a hard time finding boxes for these grills; they don't fit in any of the boxes our supplier has (nor any other local supplier). However we could certainly have done better than this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just placed another order with Bus Depot for parts for my 76 Westy. I continue to be pleased with the quick shipping of my parts and the good communication when a part is backordered. Everyone on the staff that I have dealt with for my orders or even canceling items that were backordered has been very helpful and polite.
72 Super
63 Bug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an order 10 days ago and didn't receive any tracking or shipping info. Sent an e-mail on the 9th day, no response.

I placed orders with CIP, WCM and Airhead at the same time, those guys sent tracking info within a day and the parts have been delivered and installed.

I had good luck with Bus Depot years ago, but the customer service is not good today. Next time I'll probably just order everything from one of the other vendors instead.
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something doesn't sound right here. I can't think of any scenario where 9 days should go by without delivery or even an email. Please pm me your name and city and I'll follow up on this immediately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TG61Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Whobba, I placed an order on July 17th (8 days). NO delivery. I have emailed twice.....and the phone is always busy, unless after hours. When I log into my account, still says processing. I just want an answer as to if anything is back ordered.....but still should get a response.
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whobba wrote:
I placed an order 10 days ago and didn't receive any tracking or shipping info. Sent an e-mail on the 9th day, no response.

>>> Ron with the Bus Depot sent me a PM and explained the delay and also offered a couple different resolutions to fix the problem. Sounds like there were unusual circumstances that were out of their control that lead to the delay. We're all human and things happen, but I have to say that I am humbled and pleased with Ron's response and resolution. I'm going to keep The Bus Depot at the top of my list of VW vendors, as they have always been. You have to appreciate the little guy out there in the big world of VW parts vendors!
TG61Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Ron for the quick response this morning concerning my order. Shipped and on the way with nothing back ordered......sometimes things do happen out of our control. thanks again!!!! Tom
sandfan43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed my 1st order with Bus Depot a week ago, was sent tracking numbers right away, order arrive on time, but was sent wrong sway bar, ordered front got rear, (stuff happens) called and spoke with Sean, he took care of problem as we spoke, front sway bar arrived yesterday and i returned rear with call tag he emailed me,,,,very happy with the prompt service and will order from Bus Depot again.
Mack8743
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed a order on the 15th only thing I have gotten is the order confirm that night and here it is the 21st and nothing
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack8743, your order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. You should have received an email from Fedex with a tracking number. Maybe it's in your Spam box. Tomorrow will be the 5th working day. I see that of your last 5 orders, 3 of them shipped the morning after you ordered them and the other 2 shipped the second day, and all of them were in your hands within 4 working days, so you know firsthand what the norm is. This one took an extra day because UPS lost an overnight package coming to us containing your trans mounts and we had to reorder them. I do apologize for that inconvenience. However your order will still arrive well within our shipping estimate (and the previous 5 orders actually beat that estimate). If you have any concerns about shipping delays or any other BusDepot issue, please don't hesitate to email us or pm me directly.
Mack8743
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order shipped today thank you. Ron thats why I was getting upset you guys always shipped fast and nope nothing in my spam folder just looked threw them all, At least I know I have the good stuff coming . Thanks again Don
LeeE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I placed an order on Tuesday and expected to receive the parts sometime next week. It's Friday afternoon; my wife just informed me the package has arrived.
Now I'll have to work on my Bus this weekend instead of being lazy. Thanks, Bus Depot!

Seriously, thank you. Great service.
zh007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I've placed several orders with Bus Depot over the past year or so and have been happy each time.

They do not ship as quickly as some other vendors, however they're not exactly slow either. Usually just a couple of days to ship. (Amazon has just spoiled me, I think!)

The one time I had a problem with an order (an item was missing from the box), they shipped me a replacement item with zero hassle.

Happy customer here and I'll return for future purchases.
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Bus Depot has been unusually responsive and accommodating as of late. Kudos to Ron Salmon and the team!

They have been quick to resolve the occasional unacceptable part, and over the past year, their packaging has made it through the shipping maelstrom almost intact . . . an improvement.

Exposed to the horror stories of many as I serve the air-cooled VW community around the country each summer, I get to see many air-cooled VW order snafus as well as my own.

I have a new appreciation for anyone who expends effort and executes their promises. Bus Depot is moving up on my list of vendors.
Colin
Itinerant Air-Cooled
caffeinebean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I received a fairly large order yesterday from Bus Depot. After checking items off on the invoice, I came up short on a piece of window channel. I called Bus Depot and after checking into my order, they said it was checked off as shipped.

Then he said they are sending another one out...awesome customer service! Just wanted to send a a kudos to Bus Depot and let everyone know their concern for their customers.

Thank You! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Another +1 for Bus Depot. I've ordered a ton from them in the past 3 years with only good results. I guess my only "wish" would be for the website to be able to indicate if an item is in stock, because backorder situations have happened from time to time. That said, their customer service (Fred and others) are very responsive when it comes to how customers want to handle backordered items, so it's not that big of a deal. Of course I'd love for shipping to be cheaper, but with how fast items arrive it's not a factor. Looking forward to actually making it up to the shop sometime, perhaps for their open house campout. Thanks to Ron and all for supporting us bus owners! Smile
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
James Dwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I've been ordering from The Bus Depot for probably 15 years. I've never had a bad experience. This past week they went above and beyond what they needed to do so I want to thank them for sending out a replacement muffler so quickly so I could make the cub scout campout this past weekend.
Neither one of us knew that my heater boxes weren't stock for my '77 until I received the 1st muffler Friday the 8th. Not only did they mail me a new one, I received it Monday and they also sent me a return fedEx label for the first muffler. Very Happy
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 SuperVert

"Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold. Acapulco gold!" Robert Plant
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Overall expirience again was fair. Don't use them except maybe once a year. Shipping is slow IMO, why does a package destined for the midwest bi-pass the midwest, go all the way to Cali, then come back to Midwest. Then to find out 1 of the 3 items I ordered was on backorder after package arrives and I call to ask. Website should show live inventory IMO. Cancelled the back order item. They were kind enough to give me $10 store credit on future purchases due to shipping overcharge. I love their website for parts lookup but I' still will continue to use other vendors due to shipping.
sestino
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:
Bus Depot has been unusually responsive and accommodating as of late. Kudos to Ron Salmon and the team!

They have been quick to resolve the occasional unacceptable part, and over the past year, their packaging has made it through the shipping maelstrom almost intact . . . an improvement.....

I have a new appreciation for anyone who expends effort and executes their promises. Bus Depot is moving up on my list of vendors.
Colin
Itinerant Air-Cooled

Words of wisdom from Colin.

I live in the suburbs of Washington, so I'm only 160 miles from Bus Depot, and I have to say their service is exceptional - I've ordered several items recently and door to door Bus Depot is as fast as Amazon Prime for me. I purchased a voltage regulator last week that seems defective. I emailed Bus Depot on Monday and received a new one on Wednesday.

Being able to rely on Bus Depot makes the vintage bus hobby a lot more accessible. Kudos.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: