Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Bus Depot
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Quote:
I think they should have handle it a bit better. Trying to be as fair as possible here. What do you think?

Well, as the owner of the Bus Depot, I think it could have been handled a bit better.

There is no way we could have prevented the initial problem (the brake shoe adjuster arms mounted backwards). Since previous shipments were correct, there was no reason to open the boxes and check. Turns out the whole new batch is wrong, so we've sent them all back and pulled them from our site. Fortunately only a couple went out. Since we could not exchange them for other similar ones (they're all bad), we offered a full credit toward our better European made shoes, plus free shipping on the replacements.

However, the employee who handled the exchange did not mark the replacement shoes for expedited shipping, which is why they didn't ship next-day and went out Priority Mail instead of Fedex. This is also why when you spoke to Shelby she didn't see anything about it being an expedited order. I will have a word with him about that. He is a 20+ year employee and is usually pretty fastidious.

The shoes are already en route and will be there in a couple of days. By way of apology, we are also issuing a $10 store credit toward your next order. We're also not going to ask you to send back the old shoes, so you won't have to deal with return shipping, and if you can reverse the arms and rivet/bolt them back on you'll have a spare set. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Busdepot wrote:
Quote:
I think they should have handle it a bit better. Trying to be as fair as possible here. What do you think?

Well, as the owner of the Bus Depot, I think it could have been handled a bit better.

There is no way we could have prevented the initial problem (the brake shoe adjuster arms mounted backwards). Since previous shipments were correct, there was no reason to open the boxes and check. Turns out the whole new batch is wrong, so we've sent them all back and pulled them from our site. Fortunately only a couple went out. Since we could not exchange them for other similar ones (they're all bad), we offered a full credit toward our better European made shoes, plus free shipping on the replacements.

However, the employee who handled the exchange did not mark the replacement shoes for expedited shipping, which is why they didn't ship next-day and went out Priority Mail instead of Fedex. This is also why when you spoke to Shelby she didn't see anything about it being an expedited order. I will have a word with him about that. He is a 20+ year employee and is usually pretty fastidious.

The shoes are already en route and will be there in a couple of days. By way of apology, we are also issuing a $10 store credit toward your next order. We're also not going to ask you to send back the old shoes, so you won't have to deal with return shipping, and if you can reverse the arms and rivet/bolt them back on you'll have a spare set. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced.

Thank you for taking your time to explain. As i stated earlier, i have been dealing with the bus depot for a while and had an issue only this time. Have the package arrived at 4pm today.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I have been remiss in posting feedback on busdepot on here. I have easily dropped well over 4 thousand dollars between the thing and mine and the boys buses.

ive almost always gotten quality parts for good prices and exactly what ive ordered.

Yeah, every once in awhile there is a "glitch", but they have always made it right on the very few occassions there has been a mistake. (i think 2 errors in 50 plus orders)

the two i can think off the top of my head were supplier issues, and they (Fred seems to be the guy I always deal with) quickly resolved the problem.

one issue was bus tie rods. for some reason the nuts supplied werent metric, they were US sized and they wouldnt go on right, so i ended up destroying the tie rod.

I emailed bus depot and they sent me new ones that they personally checked to make sure it wasnt a repeat issue.

So, its never been an error on their part, its been a supplier problem, but theyve always fixed it, and thats why I almost always buy my parts from busdepot (unless I can find NOS stuff on the samba!)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I recently had the pleasure in purchasing some products from Bus Depot. While some items were on back order, they quickly found another resource. They also accommodated a last minute request to ship items with that backorder. The Bosch fuel pump that was recently replaced in the beetle is working like a charm, it is quiet and working great.

Outstanding, thank you Bus Depot.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Avoid Bus Depot unless you like to waste your time and money!!

I called Bus Depot yesterday 6-11-2020 by telephone to make sure that they had inventory and the correct parts that I needed as it was an urgent matter. I was looking for part # 025-109-337. The photo on their website shows the correct part:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Customer's used tube:

What they sent me:

I called immediately this afternoon when they arrived and was told to e-mail some pictures to a customer service e-mail. I sent them over immediately with this response:

Quote:
Hello Ian,

I had a chance to review your order #412453 which was placed through our order desk. It shows you ordered 2 of #025109337 which are the collapsible tubes for all water cooled years of Vanagons. What year/engine do you have?

Thank you,
Syd Simon
Bus Depot Customer Service

Soon a second E-mail arrived with a schematic image of the tube:

Quote:
This photo may help. It is not identical to what is shown on the website, but it functions the same.

Thank you,
Syd Simon
Bus Depot Customer Service

They admitted that the part they sold me isn't even pictured on their website. Did they offer any type of compensation or possible avenue for return?...Nope!

I'm not sure what type of company can have a picture online and then send a completely different part. I want a full refund of my purchase including shipping as I would have never even placed this order if they actually knew what they were selling. I have asked for a refund through the customer service e-mail with no response (they claim to be open until 7pm EST).

I will update with any more information as it becomes available.

I will NOT buy from Bus Depot ever again and will advise all of my customers and the entire Samba community to do the same.

This quote sums up Bus Depot very well.

Quote:
When someone says they want a red widget and not a blue one, don't tell them you have a red one then ship them a blue one and a can or red paint. It is not the same as shipping the correct item.

Later.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I have opened a PayPal dispute against the transaction of $64.90.

I have asked that Bus Depot refund the total amount and I can ship them back their junk product.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Ian, you are absolutely right that the push rod tube you received looked different from the pic on our site. It is a different brand but functionally the same. I apologize for the cosmetic difference. We try to keep up on the pics on our site. Sometimes sourcing can vary and the picture doesn't catch up. We take particular care to keep up on pics where the item has cosmetic value. But you are right, the pic should have been more accurate.

You called Friday afternoon to say you'd received the wrong push rod tubes. Upon request you emailed a picture, saying that they were wrong because "Waterboxer tubes take a much larger seal on the engine case side." You obviously did not look closely enough, because the tubes you received ARE larger on one end and the seal stretches to fit. See the pic, below. With the camera pointed head-on it's easy to see the diameter difference, but even in the pic you posted it is clear that they taper. BTW our lead tech, Jay, uses this design on wasserboxers all the time and prefers it over the older design. And we have never before had a complaint. They work very well.

To be clear, you did NOT ask for a refund in that email, you just said "please advise." (I'd be happy to post the email.) So Syd, who handled your email, did just that. He correctly advised you that they would fit, and even sent a pic on how they assembled.

The next time you contacted us was literally 50 minutes before we closed for the weekend. This time you asked for a refund. Which would have been fine, but you allowed us no time to respond to it. Email is not instant messaging. As might be expected at the end of a Friday night, Syd did not see your refund request before he went home. I don't know of too many retailers (or other businesses) that reply to emails instantly upon receipt, let alone emails received just before closing for the weekend, do you?

Just hours later, without even giving Syd a chance to see your email let alone reply to it, you jumped on here to bash us AND initiated a chargeback dispute with Paypal. In my 25+ years in business, I have never before seen anyone go right from a simple refund request to launching social media attacks and credit card disputes all in one day without even bothering to wait for the merchant to reply.

At this point a refund is moot. You now have both my merchandise AND your money, as Paypal will give you a refund eventually. I in turn lost $35 in overnight shipping and got bashed on the Samba. You could have gotten a refund without the mud-slinging if you'd been even the slightest bit patient. (Or just used them if you liked, since you were wrong about them not fitting.) While again I sincerely apologize for the errant picture, an honest mistake, I'll leave it to the readers to decide who if anyone was treated poorly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian, you are absolutely right that the push rod tube you received looked different from the pic on our site.

The tubes arrived with 2 of the same size seals (Type 1 style seals), so a quick glance I thought they were the same size ends which I spoke about on the phone. You want me to stretch a Type 1 seal over the big end?? There are specific seals for the big end on Waterboxer tubes. Again, that is a low quality solution.

You show a different part than what you shipped, which is the whole problem here. The tubes advertised are the OEM style stamped steel, and you shipped me machined aluminum ones.

Yes, I am in a hurry, otherwise why would I have paid for overnight shipping?? I don't have time to sit around with my thumb up my ass waiting for you to let me know what to do. I was not greeted with warm regards when I asked for a refund on the phone. Instead, I was told to contact customer service to see if I was eligible for a refund. Eligible? You sent me the wrong product.

The parts are going out to be returned today as Syd finally sent me an RA.

Everything in this transaction is a direct result of your company shipping a different product than advertised.

According to Bus Depot logic, if you ordered something from a vendor, say a skateboard, and they sent you a 2x4 with wheels screwed to it that "functions the same" they would tell you it's the same product.

Ofcourse I will get a refund from PayPal, you sent a different product than advertised!!

Other reliable vendors have 2 seperate listings for these pushrod tubes. One lists the OEM one under the correct part number, and one lists the aluminum ones under a similar but different part number. Might be something you should look into for the future.

Pushrod tube inner seal is part # 070-109-345 which is not the same as Type 1.

I'll leave it to the readers to decided if they want to risk their money and time when products show up that aren't as advertised. If you look through all 18 pages of this thread, you will notice similar issues to mine.

Trust me, I won't ever do any business with you ever again and I advise others to steer clear of this arrogant company!!
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Parts have been returned through priority mail 9505510302390169380429

As of this writing I still don't have a refund from PayPal or Bus Depot.

However, I am confident that I will receive a credit from PayPal eventually.
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Quote:
The tubes advertised are the OEM style stamped steel, and you shipped me machined aluminum ones.
The tubes were not advertised as being OEM or made of any particular material. (To be fair, you may have made that assumption based on the picture. )
Quote:
As of this writing I still don't have a refund from PayPal or Bus Depot.
Of course not, because you initiated a dispute. That bogs down the process because now it has to go through through Paypal channels. Once it goes through you'll get the refund. Ironically you'd have probably gotten it faster if you'd let us put it through on our end.
Quote:
I don't have time to sit around with my thumb up my ass waiting for you to let me know what to do.
You could have waited more than 50 minutes for a reply to an email sent at closing time before initiating a credit card dispute and attacking us publicly.
Quote:
If you look through all 18 pages of this thread, you will notice similar issues to mine.
I will stand by our record on this thread, and feel confident in encouraging prospective customers to read it. Of course we are human and everyone makes a mistake once in a while, but our 25+ year reputation in the industry is excellent. This thread shows a lot of happy customers and also shows that when something does go wrong we have always gone out of our way to make things right. As we would have for you if you had not gone running to the forums and Paypal 50 minutes after emailing a refund request. Nobody is saying you didn't have a legit gripe about the picture error. But it is considered good form and simple decency to give a merchant a chance to correct an issue before you go dragging them through the mud.
Quote:
I won't ever do any business with you ever again
On that we agree.
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

I was not getting an agreeable response from your customer disservice department, but posting negative feedback sure got results. I called at approximately 3pm CST Friday with my issue and the run-around started.

What a coincidence, you have updated the parts listing with a new picture of the aftermarket tube, but continue to use the OEM part number.

Part # 025-109-337 is IN FACT a stamped steel adjustable pushrod tube for Vanagon waterboxer, NOT a machined aluminum tube. The part number does not belong to you, but refers to a specific part within the VW catalog.

I suggest you learn about VW part numbers.

I'm an extremely nice person until someone tries to burn me.

Here is a review from their BBB page:

Quote:
Bata

09/12/2018

This was my first and last purchase from this site. I ordered 4 cutoff idle valves for solex 32 pdsit carburetors. The picture and ad pointed that its closeout NOS part valued at 107 us $,and the price with shipping was about 20 $ each. I was so disappointed when they arrived. Some junk repro without any marks of manufacturer or whatsoever. But they did put them in NOS boxes. I did not ordered NOS boxes with junk inside. Beware of this guys. I was ready to order some more parts, and sent them 2 emails, but obviously they do not even consider answering. The worst customer service ever in my life.

Sound similar?? Look through this thread to see plenty of more examples of this type of switch-a-roo.

Total waste of time. Buyer beware!
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Quote:
Part # 025-109-337 is IN FACT a stamped steel adjustable pushrod tube for Vanagon waterboxer, NOT a machined aluminum tube. The part number does not belong to you, but refers to a specific part within the VW catalog.
Surely you know better than this. We and virtually ALL Volkswagen parts suppliers use the VW part numbering system for both original and aftermarket replacement parts, to identify that they will interchange. This does not mean that every part is an OEM spec part or contains the same metallurgy as the original one did. Please look at CIP1 or GoWesty or ANY other auto parts site, they all use OE numbers for reference. The only difference is that we, unlike them, expressly point out that this does not always mean the part is identical. At the bottom of the page it says "Part Reference Number is provided for cross-reference purposes only, to indicate that our part is a suitable replacement for that part. The actual SKU number on our replacement part may differ. Not all parts on busdepot.com are Volkswagen® products." So if we are guilty of anything it's going out of our way to point out that referencing an OEM part number does NOT guarantee an OEM spec part (on our site or ANY site).

Quote:
Here is a review ... "I ordered 4 cutoff idle valves for solex 32 pdsit carburetors. The picture and ad pointed that its closeout NOS part valued at 107 us $,and the price with shipping was about 20 $ each. I was so disappointed when they arrived. Some junk repro without any marks of manufacturer or whatsoever. But they did put them in NOS boxes."
Yeah, I remember that guy, it was several years ago and he was a little crazy. Did he really think we had a roomful of empty NOS boxes that we unscrupulously fill with fake products? Here's what really happened: Turns out he thought the term "NOS" meant "genuine VW." NOS means new-old-stock, and it can be genuine, OEM, or aftermarket. In the case of these idle cutoff valves they were OEM VW/Brazil, and had come from a well regarded part supplier. So when they arrived and didn't have a VW logo on them (which we never said they did) he lost his shit. Of course we refunded him (and by the way never got the parts back). We also tried to explain to him what NOS means but he was having nothing of it.

This is ridiculous. I am done with this pissing contest.
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

If you want to use CIP1 as a reference that's fine.

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D025%2D109%2D337

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C31%2D109%2D337%2D025

Please note how they do not advertise the aftermarket pushrod tube under the OEM part number (the part number is modified).

Van Cafe uses an "AFT" designation after the part number.

https://www.vancafe.com/025109337AFT-p/025109337-aft.htm

Apparently there won't be an agreeable resolution to this problem anytime in the near future as you will continue to argue that you have done no wrong and are unwilling to see the error in your ways. I don't cause much trouble for other people unless they cause trouble for me.

Pissing contest? Super professional.

I will continue to steer everyone AWAY from Bus Depot for a long time to come.
Tram
Samba Socialist

Location: Still Feelin' the Bern- Once you've felt it you can't un- feel it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

They just did it to me as well.
Ordered two part number 0280160001 (Bosch part number) fuel pressure regulators, as pictured on the site:

Imagine my delight when I open the box and find a pair of Delphi Technologies 10545:

Not only is it nothing like what's pictured, this will be an absolute freaking nightmare to try to adjust installed on the engine as it's under the intake runners. The original design allows one to access the thin 13mm locknut and the 10mm adjusting bolt head from above right in between the runners.
Not this one. The air cleaner will need to be removed, then *hopefully* a socket and a long 4mm Allen key will have to be fished under the intake manifold runners to do it.

The cherry on top is that while the original Bosch mounting nut will thread on the mounting threads on this regulator, the nut is super wobbly and will never hold because the threads are just a little smaller in diameter. No new mounting nut supplied, naturally. Rolling Eyes

I bought these from BD specifically because I thought I was getting the OEM regulator. I could have gotten this other junk anywhere, and $25 cheaper than the BD "sale price":
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dfp-fp10545?sei...gLdvPD_BwE

To show what looks like an OE replacement with an OE part number but ship the exact same aftermarket junk as everyone else has just seems like a deliberate scam when it is an ongoing problem.

Sorry. Evil or Very Mad

Bryan67 wrote:
Just my hands. And a little lube. No tools.

To best contact me, please use the EMAIL function in my profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Tram, we're sorry for the inconvenience and will be happy to take them back for a full refund (as long as they are not installed). We don't specialize in Type 3 parts and have to go by the manufacturer's claim that the part will fit since we don't have a Type 3 here to test it on. That being said, we haven't had any others come back (not that we've sold a ton of them, but we've sold a few). Delphi is not junk, it's a well regarded name brand (sister company of Beru and Borg-Warner), and the part is Brazilian made just like many Bosch products, not an off-brand Chinese knockoff. Bosch hasn't made this part for years (if they did we'd sell it), and in fact our Delphi distributor is out of them now, so it's probably a matter of time before no replacement is available at all. I would like to point out that our site doesn't say the part is OEM or Bosch, just that it references to the Bosch number. The bottom of the page that is cut off in your picture makes that even more clear: "Part Reference Number is provided for cross-reference purposes only, to indicate that our part is a suitable replacement for that part. The actual SKU number on our replacement part may differ. Not all parts on busdepot.com are Volkswagen products." (On many other parts we do list a manufacturer, when sourcing is consistent enough that we can safely do so.) This is common practice in the industry. Many retailers use VW part numbers etc., but that doesn't mean VW makes everything they sell. However they don't put the warning on the bottom of every page like we do. If you'd like to send them back shoot an email to [email protected] and Valerie or Fred will make the arrangements. We'll even send you a label.

Last edited by Busdepot on Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tram
Samba Socialist

Location: Still Feelin' the Bern- Once you've felt it you can't un- feel it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Thanks. I think I will do that.

You got me- I missed the small print disclaimer in grey at the bottom of the page. I have a better idea- why not just describe and show what you are actually selling? Other vendors do. Wink Otherwise it's like selling me a Mercedes, then delivering a Yugo and telling me "but they do the same thing!"

Well, yes, but...

I will reach out to Valerie or Fred about a return label. Thanks.

Bryan67 wrote:
Just my hands. And a little lube. No tools.

To best contact me, please use the EMAIL function in my profile
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Quote:
You got me- I missed the small print disclaimer in grey at the bottom of the page. I have a better idea- why not just describe and show what you are actually selling? Other vendors do. Wink

Lack of resources, mostly. We don't have an art department, a webmaster, an IT department, etc., and most of our images are supplied by the manufacturer or distributor. Mainly they're there so people can tell if it's the right part, not to show fine detail. If there is a material change and the supplier informs us (or I or an employee or customer notes it) I try to keep up on it, but quite frankly I would never have picked up on a minor difference in a picture of a regulator for a Type 3. My bad. I have now updated the pic. As for brand,we removed the Bosch reference when that version went obsolete, but then a couple of brands came and went, so to be safe we didn't promise any particular brand. Delphi is the last man standing as far as I know. And I'd hardly call them a "Yugo," they are a well regarded brand in their own right even if not OEM. Believe me, there are plenty of 'Yugo's" in this business (that I won't sell) that make Delphi look like the "Mercedes!"
petergariepy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Tucson monsoons were heavy this year, and my skylight leaked like a sieve. So time to order a replacement.

On Aug 14, because BusDepot's site said they had it in stock (and GW did not) I ordered a "Complete Poptop Skylight Replacement Kit". Their site said: "Availability: Usually ships in 1-3 working days (sooner if Expedited/Express shipping is chosen)"

A few weeks later I got a call to say it was out of stock. In chatting with the customer service rep, they said they were back in business after Hurricane Ida.

On September 7th the site said they were open for business and again I ordered a Skylight Replacement Kit as their site said it was in stock. (In hindsight I probably should have called to confirm)

On October 5 I contacted them via email to inquire about the status of the order as their website showed my previous cancelled order, but didn't reflect the new order. Strange as I ordered it online.
I got a call saying they didn't have the beige, but I could get a grey unit. And that they didn't have the hardware. They said they could send me the rest. I agreed.

Last week I received an order and billed for a "complete kit". However:

No rubber seal
No hardware
Correct grey housing trim color but knob color sent was beige (ie didn't match)

The day I got it I emailed them informing them of the problem. (a week ago).
Still no response.

Issues:
Overchanged
Incomplete
Incorrect

Very Disappointing.

Attached:
Photo of what I received
Photo of the product from their site

petergariepy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

As of this morning (10/11) they've refunding me $19.95 for the missing hardware and have sent me a replacement knob and the missing rubber seal.
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: The Bus Depot Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
I'm sorry for any confusion. The website stated that the beige trim piece was on backorder, so when you ordered that color anyway, we emailed you to see if you wanted to wait for it or use a gray one. Below is that email, which you received and replied to:
Quote:

Thanks for your email and I apologize for the delay. As noted on the checkout page at the time of your order, our building was badly damaged by Hurricane Ida and we had to close for a while for emergency repairs. We have reopened and are scrambling to catch up on orders as quickly as possible. We are out of stock on two components of the skylight kit, the beige trim cover and the hardware kit. The beige trim cover is backordered from Germany and we don’t know how long it will be. We do have the gray one, which could be used as-is or painted with Krylon plastic paint. I can substitute a gray one, backorder a beige one to ship when in, or delete the trim cover and adjust the price accordingly. The hardware kit is basically nuts and bolts. If you are updating an existing kit you can probably re-use your hardware, or get it at a hardware store. I can either delete it or ship separately when in. Please let me know how to proceed. I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

Your three word reply was "Send the gray," which didn't really answer Fred's questions. At that point he made incorrect assumptions, when instead he should have emailed you to ask the questions again. First, he assumed that you were going to paint the cover, so he sent a beige knob that would match it. He also assumed you still wanted the hardware when in since you hadn't said oherwise, so he left it on order to ship when in. Since you are now saying you were overcharged I guess that means you wanted him to cancel it, so we've done so now and refunded that portion of the kit price. The missing seal is entirely our bad; it should have been in the box. Fred was out sick for much of last week and is a bit behind on email but he already put in a replacement order for a gray knob (no need to return the beige one) and a seal, both of which are leaving today. You would have received an email later today once the tracking number was generated, letting you know they are on the way.

Once again we apologize for the delay. The hurricane damage to our business was severe and forced us to close for two weeks. This on top of severe supply chain problems due to the pandemic were a one-two punch in the gut. Since reopening we've been scrambling to catch back up, and are much closer than we were when your order was placed. We're closing the gap more each day, although for the time being there still may be a few day delays on some orders (as is noted on our site).

Last edited by Busdepot on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: