Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] (dc620) Martin Duccini
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dc620
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 24, 2014
58doubledoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: [email protected] (dc620) Martin Duccini Reply with quote

On July 19th I contacted Martin Duccini of Wisconsin regarding an ad he had posted for 3 "E-Z"or Sundial style camper windows he was selling. I paypaled him the asking price of $125 plus shipping plus a 4% paypal charge in the total amount of $159. About a week later I received the box. I know the size of the windows and upon seeing the size of the box they were shipped in, I knew there was no way 3 window assemblies stuffed into this box would have made it thru the UPS system to Florida intact. (Steering wheel is for size reference.)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Upon opening the box, this is what I saw:

Here is the extent of Mr. Duccinis packaging material; One slice of foam anti-static paper that probably came off the Pioneer cd player that was originally in the box.

Here is whats left of the broken glass.

Here are the frames outside the box:

I contacted Mr. Duccini immediately regarding the loss. He suggested contacting UPS for a claim; I informed him that UPS doesn't pay claims on broken glass, nor insufficiently packed boxes. I said I would be in touch when I got a price on the new glass. Local glassshop quoted me $55 to cut the Safetyglass to size, with me doing the labor. I contacted Mr Duccini regarding this and here is his reponse:
Quote:
Ok so heres what I think Those are extremely rare windows and whats the problem with having new glass. What kind of resto are you doing. I've bought plenty of windows and seldom are there any good glass. Send them back and I'll put new glass in them and get twice as much for them. I do believe that. You got a deal on those and I'm not afraid to take them back. I know there value and I sold them for what I had in them. I don't have any room to do much else for them. I told you two were repairable and one was parts. If you feel you must mess with Paypal I will appeal and fight for my rights. Feed back goes both ways as well. You must relise how hard these are to find. I'm offering to take them back but shipping charges are going to be shared between us. I don't mind helping people out but maybe you don't have the ability to repair or restore them but I do. the picture is proof that I remove and repair westy windows regularly. I did take it for granted that you were doing a resto and assumed you would replace glass anyway. I would like to see a picture of them befor you ship them back. Marty
The point is that I didn't receive what was pictured in his ad. The glass wasn't broken until he shipped it. As far as his offer to take the windows back, I happily agreed but only AFTER I receive a refund to my paypal acct. which hasn't happened. I'm sure once they are back in his possession, there will be more excuses why he shouldn't pay for anything. I'm done dealing with it; I'll eat the $55 and repair the broken windows I was shipped. After all, its not about the money, Marty. It's about your reputation.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is completely responsible for the damage to the glass. That packaging is ridiculous, even if there was NO glass. I'm surprised UPS didn't trash the frames too.

They are not "extremely rare".

There is no reason to assume you would replace the glass unless it was stated the glass was scratched up or damaged in some way. Even then, this assumption should only be made if you stated you would be replacing it.

He would lose a Paypal dispute.

If he wants them returned, he should pay shipping since it's his fault they broke.

Assist him with a UPS claim if he wants, AFTER you get a full refund.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that if he was so sure you would be replacing the glass , removing it before selling or at least before shipping to begin with would have saved any issues and even make a difference with shipping cost. glass makes quite a difference in weight.

i agree things like this shouldnt just be assumed. especially at prices like that.

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are clueless about packaging.

This clown is just trying to cover his ass now.

I'd dispute it with PayPal if it were me. There's no reason you should eat the cost of new glass.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
roob47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks marty all is well with my bulkhead , COMPLETE , and arrived in good shape , very good communication and worked with me on the price! great guy to deal with, Thanks
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty responded to my wanted ad for a part I needed. It was exactly what I wanted and he shipped fast. Thanks again!
Birdmanhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty Also responded to a wanted ad I placed about some split westy parts.
Turns out I bought a bunch of stuff from him, he can repro alot of split westy stuff and very well. I will be making a 3rd purchase off him again shortly.
Thanks Marty
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: