Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vent Window Channel 1967 Bug
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1967Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Vent Window Channel 1967 Bug Reply with quote

I ordered a door rebuild kit from CIP1 for my 1967 Sedan. The kit included a felt channel to be installed in the track of the vent window. The material supplied was about four inches longer than the actual track. Am I supposed to cut it to match the bottom of the track, or should it extend unsupported below? I have found no definitive answers thus far on YouTube. Please advise me so that I can continue with my restoration. Thanks, Tim
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Vent Window Channel 1967 Bug Reply with quote

I prefer to cut the felt channel at the end of the track. That being said, I have encountered several cars that had the full length left hanging below the track with no notable ill effects.
1967Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Vent Window Channel 1967 Bug Reply with quote

Thank you. I appreciate the input.
napgonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vent Window Channel 1967 Bug Reply with quote

Funny I found this post just today. I just cut the excess out.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wdfifteen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Vent Window Channel 1967 Bug Reply with quote

I got the felt channel from Wolfsburg West and it also had an extra length for the channel felt. I left mine on and I found that it helped guide the glass into the channel when it was time to put the door glass in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: