Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TDC Auto Parts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: TDC Auto Parts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 11, 2009
V-Dubin65
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: TDC Reply with quote

Still waiting ...tracking numbers will be here tomorrow

Last edited by V-Dubin65 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Luftgekült
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a pair of suposed new weber idf carbs. Here begins a never-ending nightmare.

- They forgot to send them, (but not to charge me)

- When I asked where the carbs are, they answered "ups, we forgot to send them" When they finally arrived, the emulsion tube holders were protruding out of the box, bad thing I thought. I opened the box just to find that they were shipped with absolutely no wrapping material, zero, nothing, nada, just a plain box, and the carbs bouncing in it.

- When I inspected them I realized that the emulsion tube holders were bent due to the improper packaging.

- I took the tubes out and.... surprise! one carb has one F11 and one F7. How is that possible?!!

- Then I carefully inspected the carbs. And... yes, they are different!!! They don't have the same serial numbers 44 IDFxxxxx and 44IDFyyyyyy. wow!

- One of the carbs was labeled as REDLINE and the other not.

- I opened the carbs just to see that they were in fact different. Different passages, some parts missing in the fuel enrichment circuit etc...

- Ok, at this point I decided to return the carbs. I asked them and they said "ok, send them back and I will return your money". They expected that I pay the returning shipping costs (from Spain). I did not agree with that because I am returing them because TDC made a large amount of mistakes, which lead to a non usable pair of webers. Not because now I decided that I don't need them anymore.

- We both agreed in that they will send new emulsion tube holders and a F11 emulsion tube to match the other three.

- A month later nothing happened, where are my parts?, I asked. We have sent them, we will provide you the tracking number, they answered.

- No tracking number were provided... when I asked again, they said, "it was lost in the mail, a new set of parts will be sent"

- NO FURTHER NEWS, THEY SIMPLY DON'T ANSWER MY MAILS SINCE THAT DAY.

I have to say that I have always been polite and patient in my mails, and I was answered in the same way, BUT THEY DID NOTHING.

Ben was the person to whom I spoke.
I stored all the mails, and have lots of pics to backup what I'm saying.

Sorry for my crappy english, I'm spanish.

BEN, MY FRIEND, ARE YOU GOING TO SEND ME THE PARTS BEFORE THIS CENTURY ENDS??????????????????????????????????????????

I ended buying a new set of webers from another store.

UPDATE: I want the damaged parts in order to sell the carbs individually, as I am not sure the can work togheter in a dual setup, since they are slightly different carbs.

UPDATE 2: I finally recieved the damaged parts. Anyway, as I said before, the carbs packing was unacceptable and my carbs should have the same casting numbers. Am I asking too much?

Last edited by Luftgekült on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Veei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 1776 new longblock from TDC.

The good news:
The engine is TOP quality. I am super pleased with the engine so far (have had it for a month now). They sat on the phone with me and talked to me for quite a while. I was very appreciative of that. They took the time to make sure I got what I wanted (as I wasn't 100% sure on what parts to go with). I got a couple of pleasant upgrades that I wasn't expecting as they couldn't get a few parts that we decided on for the engine. Instead of going cheaper, they went better. I'm glad of that. They also sent me out a few extra parts and that was very very nice of them.

The bad news: Communication is poor to say the least. I was promised dates (note the plural) for completion only to be let down multiple times. Took vacation days on one of the promised ready dates so that I could receive and work on the new engine. Engine did not come, no call, no explanation, no apology when I finally contacted (yes, I was the one that had to contact them). I would not have minded the engine taking extra time. I'd rather it done right than fast. Under-promise, over-deliver is a mantra they need to learn. I was told some of the parts to my old engine would be transferable to my new one to find out it wasn't. Also was promised parts that would come with the engine that were not there when delivered (small inexpensive parts, but still).

Overall: The quality of the engine is great... I can't say enough about that. I am 100% happy with the product. But the hoops I had to jump through to get it in my garage were unacceptable.

Will I do business again with them: Possibly, if it is a simple order with no special needs. I feel their good intentions are there. If they were to drastically improve their customer service in the future, I would recommend them highly.
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Bought a 1776 new longblock from TDC. Reply with quote

Hi sorry for the delay, but we got really backed up on motors and then their was a few delays from the machine shop. I am at the mercy of the machine shop and if they tell me a due date and then I pass that information on to you and then if they do not come though, then it makes me look bad, but nothing I can do about them talking longer than I was told. I had emailed to tell you about the delay! And arrange a delivery time. Their was a mix up between you and And the company who was going to do the install job. I no you took time off from work that day, but they had wrote the wrong date to come out and do the install. The company doing the install the day they did show up and could not get parts as their were not any good VW shops in your area to get the parts needed. The installer called me for parts and I drove 1 hour to bring the parts needed to install the long block that was sold to you. Yes I did forget a few parts, but I did not know everything you needed, but at the end of the day your car was up and running and I did ship the parts I forgot

I simple forgot a few things. We have been over whelmed with motor and parts that we can barley keep up. I just hired a 2nd motor builder and some one to also help pack up parts so we can get them shipped out much faster. Customer service will be better in the future that is why I hired some help as we have just gotten so busy. Sorry for the delay and not calling back, but this phone rings almost 24/7 Hope the free stuff I sent makes up for the delay some how.

Ben

Ben

Last edited by TDC Auto Parts on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got that special 12V starter for my 6V engine a few weeks ago - price was very good, showed up faster than I expected and it works like a dream.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
islandveedub Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben's prices are really good and he went out of his way to deliver my items while I was vacationing in California, even after I offered to meet him or pick them up from his warehouse. He is a mail order business, so I really appreciated the extra effort to accomodate my request to save on postage.

60 Doublecab
62 23 Window Walkthrough Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wilfrance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought to him many parts, items are excellent, (Steve Tims work on heads is just impressive) prices are very good, Ben is a nice guy who always responds to my emails.
The only problem was the very long delay but may be that nobody is perfect ... Wink
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im getting really angry

Ben replys to my emails, excellent communication severa times a day,UNTIL HE GETS MY MONEY!!!

i bought an engine/longblock
he had it in stcok it was not built to order
on monday he said it would ship that friday and he would contact me with a tracking number

by wednesday we were comunicating about changine the heads
i insited i only wanted it changed if it would be very quick

ben told me it would be no problem and it would still be shipped that friday
i said go ahead
he even mailed to confirm the payment had cleared

that was two weeks ago, since then nothing,
ive emailed 3times asking for an update, even giving leeway if the engine wasnt shipped yet, all i want is an update

but nothing

whats going on!!
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Mix up at shipper Reply with quote

colinD wrote:
im getting really angry

Ben replys to my emails, excellent communication severa times a day,UNTIL HE GETS MY MONEY!!!

i bought an engine/longblock
he had it in stcok it was not built to order
on monday he said it would ship that friday and he would contact me with a tracking number

by wednesday we were comunicating about changine the heads
i insited i only wanted it changed if it would be very quick

ben told me it would be no problem and it would still be shipped that friday
i said go ahead
he even mailed to confirm the payment had cleared

that was two weeks ago, since then nothing,
ive emailed 3times asking for an update, even giving leeway if the engine wasnt shipped yet, all i want is an update

but nothing

whats going on!!

Hi Colin, your motor was dropped off that Friday like promised, but their was a mix up with the shipper as 3 motors were dropped off to be shipped out. The paper work got mixed up and 2 motors were not shipped out as they did not know what motor went to who!! I have taken care of the issue and the motor is going out Air Freight today 3 to 5 days you will have your motor in the UK. If you send me any emails did not get it as server was full with over 700 Emails. Sorry about the delay

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben has emailed me a tracking number

he mailed promising a tracking number by the end of the day

i went to bed ( im in the UK) and this morning there is a tracking number as promised in my email

cant ask beter than that

ill let you guys know how i get on with the engine Cool
rick tarczy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Ben TDC Reply with quote

Didn't have any problems at all with Ben. shipped my stuff at a cheap price and no damage.I would have no problems buying from Ben again. thanks TDC
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Refund was offered!! Reply with quote

Luftgekült wrote:
I purchased a pair of suposed new weber idf carbs. Here begins a never-ending nightmare.

- When I inspected them I realized that the emulsion tube holders were bent due to the improper packaging.

- I took the tubes out and.... surprise! one carb has one F11 and one F7. How is that possible?!!

- Then I carefully inspected the carbs. And... yes, they are different!!! They don't have the same serial numbers 44 IDFxxxxx and 44IDFyyyyyy. wow!

- One of the carbs was labeled as REDLINE and the other not.

- I opened the carbs just to see that they were in fact different. Different passages, some parts missing in the fuel enrichment circuit etc...

- We both agreed in that they will send new emulsion tube holders and a F11 emulsion tube to match the other three.

- A month later nothing happened, where are my parts?, I asked. We have sent them, we will provide you the tracking number, they answered.

- No tracking number were provided... when I asked again, they said, "it was lost in the mail, a new set of parts will be sent"

- NO FURTHER NEWS, THEY SIMPLY DON'T ANSWER MY MAILS SINCE THAT DAY

Customer was offered a refund, when he was told that he had to pay the return shipping as I shipped them to an address here in the United States and now he was in Spain. He had to pay the return shipping back to the USA He chose to just have me send him the replacement parts. Most automotive venders don't refund return shipping. I bought the carbs from an other vender and trusted their word that the carbs were fine, and did not check them witch was my falt. I had asked them if they could box them up for me to ship and that I would pick them up the next day. The replacement Parts were shipped, but not sent with a tracking number!! Just put in an envelope with no customs form filled out as you don't need one for just a letter. After a month I saw this post and responded. The reason I never got his email was that he was sending to an old email address that I shut down When I had to make a company name change over the copyright of VW. When I went back to the US Post office to see if the shipment could be traced if it was or was not delivered since their was no tracking, and was told no, but since their was no customs form the zip code was the same as a zip code that we have in the USA Also, so the scaner would have just picked that up and sent it to that State. I did re-send the parts this time with tracking number. I asked the US Post office why they never came back to me if their is no such address and they could not be delivered. I was just told they must have gotten lost.

Ben
Cecil Fields
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: scat engine Kit Reply with quote

reference scat engine kit purchased from tdc auto parts Talked with Ben at tdc He was very helpful in aquireing a special cam I wanted for the kit Caused to take a little longer to get but its worth the time shipping was good received in good and timely order thanks ben for your help
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben could you get in touch please Evil or Very Mad
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colinD wrote:
Ben could you get in touch please Evil or Very Mad
Just got your email today and was in the process of responding to your email when I got this.

Ben
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for getting in touch promptly ben , think we have it sorted
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben your obviyuosly confused, so i will put the matter straght

summary
im in the UK,
ben sold me an engine a 2276 at a great price, he then at my request changed the heads to something more suitable , he shipped the engine, with no more than a week or twos delay

i got the engine, and set about setting the valve gaps, I found the heads were not properly installed , i contacted ben he appologised and i refitted the ehads , assured by ben the warranty would not be effected, he even sent me some parts by way of compensation, great service, right?

i spent ages installing the engine with fuel regulaors prwessure gaiuge, oil pressure and temp gauges...........

in short i built up oil pressure, then fired the engine, ran sweet, for less than 3 minutes THEN IT SEIZED!

i contacted ben , asked for no more than an aknowlegement, and allowing for an expected a response in 24 hours
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a long summary ,I applogise, but the full story with photographs and copies of emails /PMs will follow

i contacted ben, by email as i was absoluteluy furious, thinking a phonecall would degenerate to a shouting match very quickly

i told ben what had happened he said as i had been working with the heads and i had installed the engine, tough the warranty wouldnt apply, he also sent me a copy of his warranty conditions , this was the first time i had seen them, there was no menton of these before and he didnt sent it with the engine

, I reminded him he promised he would honour his warranty, despite my refitting the heads, I also gave him a detailed account of the steps taken to fit the engine, and how these would have met his conditions anyway, excepting having the engine fitted by his shop, obviously impossible.
The threat of exposing the heads issue, and the engine seizing was enough .

ben offered a refund on the engine&shipping costs.

he declined to cough up the import duty i had paid $7-800, however i decided to cut my loses and accept
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben then emaild , he backtracked on his offer of a refund.

i had typed an email suggesting a photographic teardown, with him replacing dammaged parts, and incurring machineing costs, i was in a state of fructration. I was unhappy sending the engine back , with the potential for Ben to say no, our fault your parts are here if you want them etc. Ben had already contradicted himself in his emails, ( evidence to support this claim of dishonesty will be posted)

i hit send instead of save as draft.I emailed ben and explained this

This is when Ben said he would only replace or repair damged items, insiting i tore down the engine and took pictures

I called ben dishonourable, etc and reluctantly agreed to the teardown which i did last night and oh what i found!!!
colinD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spent hours in the freezing cold uninstalling the engine and taking pictures to discount some of the reasons Ben had dreamt up

first off he claimed that the seizure was caused by the engine being put in roughly, damaging the main bearing behind the flywheel.This is before i had even pulled the engine out

photographs will show no damage or witness marks on the flywheel nut or clutch/ plate

i took of the rockers,heads barrels, no problem so far. then the pistons

firstly the pistons were AA, cast items, dissapointing but as it follows everything was cheap unbranded, and were possible cast rather than forged

the bases of the pistons had marks where the base of the piston was hitting the case at BTC

the case had the same markings

the photos will show these

obviously THE CASE HADNT BEEN MACHINED PROPERLY

the apertures machined for the barrels hadnt been deep enough, or clearenced correctly

I dismantled further, cheap unbranded H beams
unbranded crank
push fit sand seal
caveat emptor is uppose, (in hinsight the build list didnt say anything other than new)

i was pleased to see no obvious damage to the case or cam
the bearing in behind the flywheel( somebody correct me is this #3??) had seized
the full circle one there
the dowell hole has oavalled, obviously as part of the seizing

Ive consulted a few knowlegeable racers/builders in the UK, they agree say that this is probably a result of incorrect end float.

seeing the quality of case machineing and head install, and the skills of the moneky that built it, this is quite possible.

im open to comments on that last point as its speculation on my point( the endfloat not the builder)

Can somebody enlighten me as to how to check endfloat in a sezed engine?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: