Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TDC Auto Parts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: TDC Auto Parts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 11, 2009
sandowner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he had exausted all his excuses when I was dealing with him. This is a new one at least and certainly beats the car crash!
Keldog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

english to english translation please... "top himself" ?!?
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldog wrote:
english to english translation please... "top himself" ?!?

That would be "suicide"...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eivind E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandowner wrote:
I thought he had exausted all his excuses when I was dealing with him. This is a new one at least and certainly beats the car crash!

Yeah, this is an entirely new tactic from Ben.
I have to say, it is a whole new approach, threatening suicide is beyond any of his previous antics.

I just hope Johnnylegs can get his money back.
And it makes me wonder how on earth did he come across TDC, is he advertising on other sites??
johnnylegs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eivind E wrote:
sandowner wrote:

I have to say, it is a whole new approach, threatening suicide is beyond any of his previous antics.

And it makes me wonder how on earth did he come across TDC, is he advertising on other sites??

Unfortunately no, it was on here that I noticed one of his ads.
Refund in progress!
The Noof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eivind E wrote:
sandowner wrote:

I hope he FINALLY keeps a promise...this one.lol
Eivind E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Noof wrote:
I hope he FINALLY keeps a promise...this one.lol

I wouldn't hold my breath Wink
kjmattheis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: TDC BEN IS A CRIMINAL Reply with quote

He was 2 months late in delivering the crap he called a turn key engine

issues;

At this point you have demonstrated that he is not a honest business person, and knowingly conduct business in a criminal manner. No attempt has been made on his part to demonstrate Due Process in reaching a resolution.

I have a open case filed with IC3/FBI, Credit Ccard Fraud, and BBB of CA.

I have more than one certified mechanic that reviewed and photographically documented, are willing to testify, and have already completed reports showing that what Ben stated he was selling and what Ben provided were deliberately and knowingly not the same.

Scat enterprises has also been formally informed about His fraudulent use of their product name and line. ( Ben tried to engrave over the product number on the cam with the Scat like product numbers) and said that he used a scat crank which is not true.

Basically every thing that could not be seen with out complete disassembling the engine, he lied about

the issues;

Engine is not a 1776 as ordered, but is clearly a 1835 incorrectly built. 92 PNL's - not 90.5

Thrust bearing / pins are 'wiped out' because the wrong size bearing was used in the case, The Case Bore (020 / 50 ; Bearing 010 /25) way over sized.

New alum or AS41 mag case - Not a New Case, but a used AS41
New Scat 69mm counterweighted 8 dowel crankshaft - Not a Scat 69mm Crank, not 8 dowel but a 4 dowel, not counterweight, not new
New cam any size - Not a new cam, and not C-25 grind as promised, cam bolt locks not installed, (cam and gear are 'destroyed' because it was installed incorrectly).
New Chromoly gland nut & heavy duty washer - Not a new Gland Nut
New bearings - bearings were not the proper size for the bore of the case ( The Case Bore (020 / 50 ; Bearing 010 /25) way over sized.
New German flywheel seal - Not a German flywheel seal but a cheap 'black seal'
New 30 mm full flow oil pump with full flow pump cover - oil pump was not full flow, and was a 26mm
New Mahle Forged piston kit graphite coated with Spiral Locks - wrong size, and no spiral locks used.
New 041 heads w/heavy duty springs Upgrades available - Not 041 heads and not heavy duty springs but typical stock.
New stock valve covers - not stock valve covers, but cheap knock off's.
New 009 distributor - not a 009 distributor. Ignition system in distributor was not installed as per manufacture recommendations.
No breather kit installed as advertised.

the installation by a professional shop was completely photographically documented, as was the brake down and analysis of the engine.

BEN and thus TDC Auto Parts is still out there, in business under the same name, but has change e-mails and may be service providers.

I wish I would have know about this thread before I ever crossed paths with TDC/Ben. Evil or Very Mad
Viande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn shame man. I hope you are flooding the UK VW sites with this info as well. I am sure your CC company will be able to refund your money under these circumstances. Just point them to this thread as additional evidence of what a scumbag this guy really is. Good Luck.

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the joy of the cheap price fades away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kjmattheis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: wish I knew Reply with quote

I wish I could follow the crooked path this guy follows, but I don't have the criminal mindset he does, and he's making a career out of it for now.
kjmattheis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: some images from TDC's work Reply with quote

Remember I ordered a 1776,.... These are just a few of the outstanding issues. there are many pictures and issues.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Viande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please list the email and pay id he is using now to aid others in avoiding him. Thanks and good luck.

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the joy of the cheap price fades away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kjmattheis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: e-mail Reply with quote

he is not responding to any e-mail or written communications, I wish I knew his ID because I know he is aware of what is going on on the samba.
if I find any thing out I will post it for sure.
sandowner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had seen the last of TDC and am really sorry to hear that you have got entangled in Ben’s web of lies and deceit.

I count myself lucky that I managed to get my money back via the bank as god only knows what would have arrived.

I received a number of very kind offers from the good folks on the Samba to go round and have a word with Ben on my behalf. In the end I relied on the bank to sort my problems out, but I was sorely tempted.

Good luck and keep spreading the word about him before others get caught.
Bill271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that sucks if you need any help lemme know
frodin1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: TDC Reply with quote

I just wanted to say, I have made an honest effort to spend quite a bit of money with them, but after 3 emails and 1 response, I still have yet to get a price quote for shipping, and the main items I needed. I've been in the market for a set of Scat dual 35mm carbs and the Scat 9pc tin kit amongst quite a few other items. I prefer the Scat items over most, and it's proving to be harder and harder to get people to write me back, just for a quote? Just a tip for those of you with sites like this. You might want to make your site capable of giving shipping quotes, or at the very least an estimate. This will take a ton of problems off your hands as far as having to write people back and fourth. I should say that the only reason I ask about the shipping is, I've been over and over sites giving good deals, only to charge you double or triple for the shipping to make up the difference. This is not a good way to create return customers. I like to support the little guys, but when I need something,and it's taking 2 weeks just to get it ordered. It's time to move on. Time for me to get a wholesale account I guess.
Viande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, I suggest you read this thread before you dare give this guy any of your money. I was shocked to see this thread pop up to be honest. I thought for sure this guy was in jail buy now.

frodin1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on here "Samba" for a while but I never saw this thread nor bothered to look is the forum. I'm glad I stopped by here! Some of the stuff I just saw is absolutely ridiculous and I don't see how anyone running a legitimate business could pass items off like that, and not expect some sort of retaliation. It's just to bad there isn't a internet blacklist that would prevent you from doing what I almost did. Whew!
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last i heard Ben has heart problems and has been diagnosed with a year to live. He's definitely has had many problems and complaints from products that he has released out thru other businesses and himself. I feel for the handful that were cut short, lied to, or recieved terrible products. I do have one compliment, ive never found anyone yet to match the prices of parts i purchased from him in the past. As you can see the bad ones dont last. Good luck to all and i hope others will find closure one day. Life works in circles and it appears it has returned to him. Your time will come.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keldog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frodin1 wrote:
It's just to bad there isn't a internet blacklist that would prevent you from doing what I almost did. Whew!

hmmm, perhaps a buyer/seller feedback forum on the worlds biggest vw site? brilliant idea frodin...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: