Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TroySmith80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokes, a thousand bucks? ONE thousand for a nice running watercooled westy? No rust? Damn, i need to find one of those. That is a super score.

Oh, and FirePilot, for you, i'll only charge a 5% locating fee Wink

dbo550 wrote:
I already snatched this one off the louisville craigslist. 85 westy under 5000 miles on a reputable rebuild, service records from day one. This bitch is mint inside and out. All screens, tables, curtains, even the middle seat for $1000. No rust and garage kept. All I need is a power rack for it if anybody can hook me up then hit me up. Love Ya'
firepilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post...

Last edited by firepilot on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
firepilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannedveggiessuck wrote:
firepilot wrote:
TroySmith80 wrote:
The syncro with bad heads in Idaho is back up available again http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1023308866.html

I don't think i want a syncro actually (plus i'm broke!) so here it is folks, jump on it. Very Happy

put a 2.5 or 3.3 subie in it!

Its mine now Smile

What a deal !

And I did get a good deal on it. Now to decide if I want a Zetec or Subie in it.
cannedveggiessuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firepilot wrote:
TroySmith80 wrote:
The syncro with bad heads in Idaho is back up available again http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1023308866.html

I don't think i want a syncro actually (plus i'm broke!) so here it is folks, jump on it. Very Happy

Its mine now Smile

What a deal !
dbo550
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already snatched this one off the louisville craigslist. 85 westy under 5000 miles on a reputable rebuild, service records from day one. This bitch is mint inside and out. All screens, tables, curtains, even the middle seat for $1000. No rust and garage kept. All I need is a power rack for it if anybody can hook me up then hit me up. Love Ya'
1995 Volvo T5-R, Yellow
1998 Jetta GLX
firepilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TroySmith80 wrote:

Its mine now Smile
TroySmith80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a post to say thanks for this thread. I've wanted a westfalia for many many years. kids gone, I got a job and FINALLY found one that met my husband's list of must have.

I like the statement "it finds you"

we drove to Phoenix to look at one that we thought was 'the one' and we were very disappointed.

but had a back up to look at, one at a really good shop. I'd called to arrange a check of the one we originally went to see, and asked if they knew of any for sale. um, they had one. they combined a nice westy with a blown engine, and a nice vanagon that had been in an accident. westy got the engine and some other goodies.

my son was checking it out before we got there, he told me it was kind of a mess. but when I saw it, it had been detailed and I just plain fell in love. a real connection. Oh, it had a few things wrong, but all cosmetic, and all easily fixed or overlooked.

we've had 3 vanagons, a weekender, a bug, squareback and a dasher. we have a passat wagon now. but never had a westy. this one runs great, is more fun, is more sound and more loved than them all.
TroySmith80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1020521437.html

1985 Westy $6,000 196k miles

Lots of new bits and a subaru engine, doesn't say which one, just that it's from a legacy.

Seems like a real good deal if it's all clean and as stated.
Crughy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this one before. including advertised as a syncro, 94.
all kinds of bullshit.

Careful with the ads, I think the syncro phenomenon has been spotted by some Nigerian scamers. It seems so unlikely, but it's not.

P
McVanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McVanagon wrote:
beagling wrote:
Must be a mistake on the 1997 Eurovan Camper. I'm guessing it's really selling for $15,500.... if not this is the deal of the century.

The photos are from eBay, so there's that......

Too late. The ads have been removed from Fresno, Portland, Hartford, DC, Boston, NY, Albany, and Philly.

Amazing, there were NINE of them for sale at once! I wonder if they all went for $5500? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bryannn09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a good deal!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=733466

ooops is that my ad, haha.
McVanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beagling wrote:
Must be a mistake on the 1997 Eurovan Camper. I'm guessing it's really selling for $15,500.... if not this is the deal of the century.

The photos are from eBay, so there's that......
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beagling
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McVanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/1019222430.html

1997 VW EuroVan Full Camper by Winnebago Clean - $5500

This is a vehicle in good shape that we have well taken care of. The engine runs great and is known to be very robust and to never fail (just belt and waterpump replaced), the autotrans however had to be reduilt at 120.000 mls. Body is in good shape (Volkswagen used zinked sheet metal). Tires are good for another at least 20k miles. The interior is all you expect from this vehicle including a highly sophisticated lightweight awning (Shady Boy, made in Canada) that covers the length of the vehicle. Fridge either works on liquid gas, 110V or battery and literally turns your milk into ice cream. All appliances as stove, sink, furnace, water tanks, hand shower in good condition. Swivel front seats with armrests, two tables that combine to a large one. With the additional bench the vehicle seats six and sleeps four. As an extra a bike rack (rare to find) for up to 4 bikes comes with it.The van has 149,600 miles on it, title is clear.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,
Don’t know if this qualifies but how about a tree-damaged aircooled '80 Westy in central Virginia? I heard about this and hunted the owner down. It's complete but it appears that the tree fell against the front end, mostly high on the passenger's side; the A-pillar and the leading edge of the passenger's door are bent and the windshield broken. There may be other damage I could not see from my vantage point. There's some rocker rust and it appears to have been sitting a while. Poptop is mossy.

Bobby the owner mentioned it was tapped in the driver’s door before the tree incident and says the van is likely only good for parts and will need to be trucked away, but may have a good AC engine and trans and the camper stuff (I did not see the interior) may be worth salvaging.

I'd be interested my own self but there's really nothing on the van my ‘87 could use except maybe the trim rings. Santa brought me new dog-dish hubcaps so I'm set for those.

I have one pic I can email to interested parties. Price not mentioned, but if anyone is interested the owner's email is [email protected]. Good luck.

Stephen
jfarsang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDXWesty wrote:
Not everything is as it seems sometimes, right? I've seen people spend thousands rebuilding a syncro drivetrain to get it running. A new engine is another 5k-8k. It hasn't run in a year and he pretends not to know too much about it, but he was smart enough to post here so we know he's researched the prices. Perfect has a different meaning to everyone, remember? You might have to invest 10k to get it running and then you're in the ballpark with the price. Too good to be true? Probably, but he's certainly made it intriguing.

A 5-8k engine is relative as well.

You can do a rebuild or suby conversion for 2k.

But you're right. Depends on the person.

For me, I think it's a great deal. I would drop in maybe up to 2k for an engine and another 2k for drivetrain parts if needed.

The body and interior looks clean and straight. That alone is worth a lot for a syncro/westy original combo.
'72 Baja bug (project) - can't seem to leave us
'92 TD Delica camper - gone to a good home
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDXWesty wrote:
Not everything is as it seems sometimes, right? I've seen people spend thousands rebuilding a syncro drivetrain to get it running. A new engine is another 5k-8k. It hasn't run in a year and he pretends not to know too much about it, but he was smart enough to post here so we know he's researched the prices. Perfect has a different meaning to everyone, remember? You might have to invest 10k to get it running and then you're in the ballpark with the price. Too good to be true? Probably, but he's certainly made it intriguing.

Wife said I have to sell something first. Never when I am fluch do opportunities like this come. Sad I guess I will have to drive and love my 1991 Westfalia for another season and enjoy the lower maintenance costs.
914 mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original owner SUNROOF van for pretty cheap.....

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/1011947938.html

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm........sunroof.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 309 of 327

Jump to: