Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
The hookups are similar to the factory locations for westy's delivered to canada. I dont know if that is really the "factory" locations for canadian models...but every westy i've seen that has originated in canada has that setup.

so no, it's not a syncro thing, its a canada thing (based on my not too informed observations)

Canada ... So probably more rust than just the seams?
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

gregaz wrote:
dsdunbar wrote:
The hookups are similar to the factory locations for westy's delivered to canada. I dont know if that is really the "factory" locations for canadian models...but every westy i've seen that has originated in canada has that setup.

so no, it's not a syncro thing, its a canada thing (based on my not too informed observations)

Canada ... So probably more rust than just the seams?

Yes that is the official standard factory placement for Canadian-spec'd Westfalias.
And yes, all vehicles rust more in Canada because we use salt water ice to build our igloo garages.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Re: Westphalia for sale
NB
Niki Baele <[email protected]>

Reply|
Today, 5:27 AM
You
Hi!
I am selling my 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon 4WD Syncro Westfalia Full Camper Van.See pics:
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/nikib1978/library/?view=recent&page=1
Final price is $1,500 since this is an Urgent Sale! I need to sell it soon because I will be deployed to a US Forces Japan base for an entire year and hopefuly will buy a new camper when I will be back.
It is located in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. You can come and inspect it or I can deliver it for free at your location. In this case the transaction will be handled by eBay because I fully trust their services, which means you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy it. If you're interested to conclude this way please reply your full name and delivery address so I can contact eBay to open a transaction with them. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Here are the features:
Equipped with a Powerful 2.5L fuel injected Subaru engine less than 10k on rebuilt engine, 341,000 miles on body.This van can get on the freeway and keep up with traffic and can go up hills like it's on flat ground. GREAT vehicle in the snow with locking 4WD and studded snow tires. Get there and just pop the top, turn on the camping heater, and warm up some soup.Propex camping heater runs on LPG tank. Newer radio with CD and Bluetooth. Power locks.110VAC electrical outlet
Circuit breaker Electrical cableI lluminated vanity mirror
Illuminated lockable glove box
Front bucket seats with fold-down adjustable armrests & swivel bases
Two passenger rear bench seat, upgraded by Sew Fine (folds into bed, cushion over engine)
Velour upholstery Cloth inlays in door panels
POP UP RAISED ROOF WITH FOLD OUT BED .I HAVE CLEAR AND CLEAN TITLE IN HAND
Hope to hear back your decision soon!

Response from an ad I turned up on Craigslist this week. Have at it. Too good to be true, or the best deal of the Trump era?

RTAchs

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

There's no way that's real…and yet…what if it was?

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Scam. Scamscamscam. SO MUCH scam... Rolling Eyes

Take his bait and tell him you have a buddy in the neighborhood, wants to stop by and look at it... Laughing

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

How completely out of touch with the Syncro Westy market does this guy have to be to think $1,500 is a good asking price?

Well looky here - same van on E-Bay. Bids got up to $34k. No sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...7675.l2557
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

$39,000 in a relisted sale.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Popped up on atlanta Craigslist as well. No contact info but [email protected] is printed across the photo. The Email address is used to register several domains that have no websites associated with them using an OH address.

For five seconds I thought: what if?!

Can you imagine if people with this kind of sophistication for scamming applied their efforts to morally positive endeavors? Seriously, is it that hard to make money legitimately that you have to prey on fellow humans?

If I'm wrong, and you buy this van for $1600, please tell me so I can slap my forehead with enough force to bruise my old brain...
2dogs1van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

that same ad popped up on Louisville craigslist. $1,600. same email. Total scam!
https://owensboro.craigslist.org/hsh/6083488151.html
65deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Thank you Samba sleuths. There is no limit to the scammers creativity. I will sleep better knowing that the conflict between my instincts and desire to score a $1500 Syncro were sound. The craigslist ad was posted in Iowa. My research revealed a real military member in Fort Leonard MO named Nikki Bailey, so that seemed rather legit.
Back in the early 90s I scored a guest shuttle Syncro from the Holiday Inn in Minot ND for less than $1500. The tranny was toast from too many unfamiliar drivers. Repaired, repainted, and flipped it for $2000 and a wrecked 16V GLI like a champ. The good old days. . .
90Doka_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

And here it is in Delaware too
https://delaware.craigslist.org/hsh/6084949249.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

65deluxe wrote:
Thank you Samba sleuths. There is no limit to the scammers creativity. I will sleep better knowing that the conflict between my instincts and desire to score a $1500 Syncro were sound. The craigslist ad was posted in Iowa. My research revealed a real military member in Fort Leonard MO named Nikki Bailey, so that seemed rather legit.
Back in the early 90s I scored a guest shuttle Syncro from the Holiday Inn in Minot ND for less than $1500. The tranny was toast from too many unfamiliar drivers. Repaired, repainted, and flipped it for $2000 and a wrecked 16V GLI like a champ. The good old days. . .

You know how they say.... one guys champ is another guys chump
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Keane wrote:

Yes! and I kept seeing it here in VA too! Looks like it is gone finally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

jacobrybrown wrote:
Keane wrote:

Yes! and I kept seeing it here in VA too! Looks like it is gone finally.

Can confirm in AZ as well.
dlb154
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Make offer on '86 Syncro - Salvage
Not mine. Just posting ad I found.
https://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/6097640217.html
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
tnirwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

65deluxe wrote:
Re: Westphalia for sale
NB
Niki Baele <[email protected]>

Reply|
Today, 5:27 AM
You
Hi!
I am selling my 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon 4WD Syncro Westfalia Full Camper Van.See pics:
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/nikib1978/library/?view=recent&page=1
Final price is $1,500 since this is an Urgent Sale! I need to sell it soon because I will be deployed to a US Forces Japan base for an entire year and hopefuly will buy a new camper when I will be back.
It is located in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. You can come and inspect it or I can deliver it for free at your location. In this case the transaction will be handled by eBay because I fully trust their services, which means you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy it. If you're interested to conclude this way please reply your full name and delivery address so I can contact eBay to open a transaction with them. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Here are the features:
Equipped with a Powerful 2.5L fuel injected Subaru engine less than 10k on rebuilt engine, 341,000 miles on body.This van can get on the freeway and keep up with traffic and can go up hills like it's on flat ground. GREAT vehicle in the snow with locking 4WD and studded snow tires. Get there and just pop the top, turn on the camping heater, and warm up some soup.Propex camping heater runs on LPG tank. Newer radio with CD and Bluetooth. Power locks.110VAC electrical outlet
Circuit breaker Electrical cableI lluminated vanity mirror
Illuminated lockable glove box
Front bucket seats with fold-down adjustable armrests & swivel bases
Two passenger rear bench seat, upgraded by Sew Fine (folds into bed, cushion over engine)
Velour upholstery Cloth inlays in door panels
POP UP RAISED ROOF WITH FOLD OUT BED .I HAVE CLEAR AND CLEAN TITLE IN HAND
Hope to hear back your decision soon!

Response from an ad I turned up on Craigslist this week. Have at it. Too good to be true, or the best deal of the Trump era?

RTAchs

In response to the nikibeal1@gmail craiglist post...I stumbled upon this site while searching to see if this person was for real, got the same exact response, word for word, that you did. I'm based in AZ, they were going to ship (for free) from MO, umm ok? I knew it was too good to be true! Crying or Very sad I'm so glad you shared that here, saved me a few more emails to avoid the scam.
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dlb154 wrote:
Make offer on '86 Syncro - Salvage
Not mine. Just posting ad I found.
https://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/6097640217.html

Not sure if I like the green or not, but its not to far from where my parents live! Could be a good donor? what do you guys think its worth?
86scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I'm no expert but I would offer the yard $500 and go to $1000 if necessary. Parts off of it, especially the top, are worth that. If someone put that top on Craigslist in a fair sized city it would be gone in a day.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Not on the payroll for Busman, but a couple of nice Syncros popped up for what seems like reasonable prices. The Euro is 1.07 to the dollar right now.

A Syncro panel van. Double locker/new paint 7,900Euro

A Syncro 16 double locker 11,000Euro

http://busman.be/buy-it-for-you-4x4-vans-for-sale/4x4-vans-for-sale/
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Couple of interesting tiptop finds from Phoenix:

This one looks REALLY good. Love the color, and the condition appears to be impeccable. A nice find for someone who wants to keep it original and stock for the future.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6092404491.html

This one is bonkers. A smoking deal for a "Porsche 911 of vans" (cost to build far exceeds the sales price). I actually drove this one yesterday - and the seller is super legit. Great guy who has owned Vanagons for years and takes good care of them. I am going to pass, but might be a good find for someone else.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/6099830413.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 263 of 327

Jump to: