Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

'86 tintop SYNCRO $8,000.00
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6141404199.html
86scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Ummm....here's a deal for the first person that can decipher what it is. A bus? A Vanagon? A Toyota Rav4? Auto? Manual? Rolling Eyes

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/6133716976.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

that ad with various derivations of similar text pops up across alot of CL cities.
just report/prohibit it when you see it.
https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/6133726304.html
https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/cto/6138133987.html

86scotty wrote:
Ummm....here's a deal for the first person that can decipher what it is. A bus? A Vanagon? A Toyota Rav4? Auto? Manual? Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

this won't last long at all.
the question is if it comes back up forsale at 5 figures.

flippers suck, this deal needs to goto a van lover..

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2056832

Quote:

1985 Volkswagon Vanagon Pop-Top - $5500 Price: $5500
Hi!

It's with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my amazing Volkswagon Vanagon. She is the 1985 most-coveted type, perfect for the real Volkswagon lover. For almost 10 years this bus has given me so much joy and adventure, but alas my lifestyle has changed and it's time to say goodbye. I can't bare to see her sitting in the driveway, not being used and just waiting to go on a camping.

Ruby was my daily driver for many years and was just amazing. She still is. Starts everytime, passes smog, low mileage and is the best adventure companion. She has some minor cosmetic damage, little weird cosmetic things need to be replaced, but overall in really good shape. The pop-top is just few years old and the canvas is in perfect shape. I have replaced so much on her and have all the receipts! Tires are awesome and engine sounding really so good. She does not have a stove/fridge, but all the hookups are there. She instead has a table that comes out the side and is perfect for late-night card games, a glass wine, whatever Wink

My preference is that this van go to someone who will love her, maintain her and know how to keep her running and happy. I have priced her very low for quick sale, as I am leaving in about 10 days for a work trip that will keep me away for the summer. I don't want her to sit all summer long and hope she will be bought be someone who will take her around. I am open to any reasonable cash offers, and have a little flexibility on the price.

Thanks for your time!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
86scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Interesting Dan. That's not a Craigslist 'scheme' I've seen before. I'm more used to stolen pics and just vague enough info to make somebody's emotions get the better of their sense. As is, this person is proving they have absolutely no sense and I'm not sure how ANYONE would respond.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
this won't last long at all.
the question is if it comes back up forsale at 5 figures.

flippers suck, this deal needs to goto a van lover..

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2056832

Holy Leopard Print, Batman!!! Shocked
Someone please RUN and get this - don't see deals this good often.

Thanks for posting this over here, Dan.
unplannedbbq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

86scotty wrote:
Interesting Dan. That's not a Craigslist 'scheme' I've seen before. I'm more used to stolen pics and just vague enough info to make somebody's emotions get the better of their sense. As is, this person is proving they have absolutely no sense and I'm not sure how ANYONE would respond.

Sadly, lots of CL "bots" creating these (and other) ads. I've seen 3 variations of that ad on other NC craigslists this week. I have https://ifttt.com/ ticklers running & the fake ads keep tripping my keyword triggers.

And I was impressed by the leopard print. I hope somebody here saves that van.

"However not an ideal swap unless it was all you had and you needed to escape some distopian 3rd world country." - Mongoswede
Waldi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://www.vwt3.at/index.php?/topic/46094-vw-t3-doka-16-syncro/

https://www.vwt3.at/index.php?/topic/45407-t3-syncro-kastenwagen/

Feel free to contact the sellers.
Or gime a call if you need my help.
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

86scotty wrote:

I've been flagging these daily on our local cl.

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

whats a good price for a Diesel Syncro Doka crew cab, 1990? Found this one on the seattle CL (GA seller, Zombiemotors)...apparently the operation is moving to Oregon. There is a 1988 White Doka syncro and a green 1990 Doka for sale:

1990 VW Doka crew cab Syncro turbo diesel truck - $13500
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6142402886.html

ad:
Please check out my website, http://www.zombiemotors.net/ , for more photos/ details and info on more cool/useful/rare vehicles I am selling like my Mitsubishi Delica, Toyota Hilux crew cab diesel, and Land Rover Defender 90s -

I am based just outside Savannah GA, but we are relocating to the Northwest again in June -- Eugene, Oregon will be the new spot. I ship vehicles all over the US every year so transport is not a problem. If you can wait until June to collect, I can give you an even better deal on transport, too.

I have two Doka Syncros for sale, the green one (1990) has about 183K miles on it, is a little rough around the edges, but everything works and you can drive it anywhere now for a very reasonable $13,000 - The white 1987 is very nice, has front and rear diff locks, looks great, has many new parts (like new engine/ clutch) has only 113K miles and is also reasonably priced at $22,000 - So we have a real nice one for you Microsoft folks, and an entry level truck for those of you who have always wanted one, but do not have a stock portfolio.

BONUS! I also have a 1989 2WD Doka , already fitted with a 1.9Tdi AHU engine - which means it is fast, torquey, and gets great mileage. Sort of lowered on alloy wheels , and painted a matte black for a semi-rat-look, it is a pass-through cab and has recovered seats/ door panels/ and is in excellent condition. This truck is $14,000 and I would like to keep it ... but I would also like to be young and fit again, too. I am trying to be reasonable, instead.

Got any questions? Be sure to send me your number so I can call you back. If you do not include your phone # in your message, I will not be able to reply to you. This shows me you read my ad, which shows me you are not totally out to waste my time. Thank you for understanding..

Check the website for more details~ http://www.zombiemotors.net/
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This one looks interesting (auto trans, 43k miles) but the rear, behind the front seats, looks like a crime scene…

Could be a good deal, could be a mobile haunted house.

😱

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

You're right Paulbeard, it does look like a crime scene. Probably smells great sitting in the Las Vegas sun with the windows rolled up.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
txmxer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Is the westy market tougher in the summer months? It seems like any decent westy that is clean that I find is way over priced (20,000+ for bone stock, nonsyncro). Or anytime a good deal is out there its gone and reposted the next day for $10,000 higher than it was bought for.

Seems everyones listing their westys for sports mobile prices, I'm almost considering getting a sprinter and converting it myself!
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

TXMXER,
Welcome to the samba!
TLDR: Yes summer months is premium price point but good deals still exist

I think a good general rule is that Westy's are priced probably their highest as we go into summer for thats when the desire for the vehicle is probably the highest amongst shoppers.

That being said, there are still decent deals to be found. There is a topic on here "New to Westfalias..." in which the OP is looking at finding his perfect Westy and there have been several posts of potential candidates that, in my opinion, seem to be decent deals (on paper).

Yes people buy and flip and thats the way the economy works. Everyday I check my local (Seattle) CL for "Vanagon" and see what pops in. I already have a van and am not looking to buy another but I like seeing whats out there and being offered. By doing this, I think I've come across several vans that would have been more economical than my current one...but there is also a price associated with the enjoyment i've had with mine and my kids over the past 3 years I've had mine.

txmxer wrote:
Is the westy market tougher in the summer months? It seems like any decent westy that is clean that I find is way over priced (20,000+ for bone stock, nonsyncro). Or anytime a good deal is out there its gone and reposted the next day for $10,000 higher than it was bought for.

Seems everyones listing their westys for sports mobile prices, I'm almost considering getting a sprinter and converting it myself!

txmxer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
TXMXER,
Welcome to the samba!
TLDR: Yes summer months is premium price point but good deals still exist

I think a good general rule is that Westy's are priced probably their highest as we go into summer for thats when the desire for the vehicle is probably the highest amongst shoppers.

That being said, there are still decent deals to be found. There is a topic on here "New to Westfalias..." in which the OP is looking at finding his perfect Westy and there have been several posts of potential candidates that, in my opinion, seem to be decent deals (on paper).

Yes people buy and flip and thats the way the economy works. Everyday I check my local (Seattle) CL for "Vanagon" and see what pops in. I already have a van and am not looking to buy another but I like seeing whats out there and being offered. By doing this, I think I've come across several vans that would have been more economical than my current one...but there is also a price associated with the enjoyment i've had with mine and my kids over the past 3 years I've had mine.

txmxer wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking quite a bit and I have searched basically every option possible within 2,000 miles of me. I was about a minute too late on the "perfect van" a few times, so I feel I'm bound to find the right one soon. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope I can join you all as a westy owner soon!
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

txmxer wrote:

Sprinter/Transit/Promaster buildouts are very popular and keep in mind that the oldest Sprinters are only half as old as the newest Vanagons. That is the direction that we are likely headed. Good luck with your search!
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/6159401676.html

1985 Volkswagen Westfalia Camper Van - $16500 (Menominee, MI)

With some sadness, we are offering for sale our '85 Westy "Vanaru". We've had her for 8 yrs. now and have enjoyed many road trips and weekend campouts. It was a California van to start and it's never seen winter driving since we've had it and the owner before us said the same was true with her. The body is solid with almost no rust and the interior is clean and in very good condition. All the camping equipment is in good working order. In 2013-14 we did several upgrades including the installation of a Subaru EJ22 engine, a rebuilt transaxle, Go Westy bumpers, the 15" Mercedes style alloy wheels and Michelin HydroEdge tires. Last year it was the large front brake upgrade and a headlight upgrade. There's lots more too, if you'd like to text me for details.
We feel the asking price is fair but, of course, feel free to make an offer. Thanks for looking.
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ELO78 wrote:
https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/6159401676.html

1985 Volkswagen Westfalia Camper Van - $16500 (Menominee, MI)

With some sadness, we are offering for sale our '85 Westy "Vanaru". We've had her for 8 yrs. now and have enjoyed many road trips and weekend campouts. It was a California van to start and it's never seen winter driving since we've had it and the owner before us said the same was true with her. The body is solid with almost no rust and the interior is clean and in very good condition. All the camping equipment is in good working order. In 2013-14 we did several upgrades including the installation of a Subaru EJ22 engine, a rebuilt transaxle, Go Westy bumpers, the 15" Mercedes style alloy wheels and Michelin HydroEdge tires. Last year it was the large front brake upgrade and a headlight upgrade. There's lots more too, if you'd like to text me for details.
We feel the asking price is fair but, of course, feel free to make an offer. Thanks for looking.

If anyone is interested in this van I'm like 2hours or so away!
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I really have to say I doubt most of these sell for anything near the asking prices. I understand Jimmy buffet had one that he spent $80k on. But that didn't make it WORTH $80k.
Just look at Ebay prices. Only 3 syncros. One a 1.6 diesel Doka, looks like a pretty original truck. Might go for $15k.
Bids on the burgundy one are high, but heck, that camper body is quite a nice thing by itself. Probably would cost $20k on its own.
are many selling at $25, 30, 35K?
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

1987 Tin top syncro, engine work required.
Birch Bay, WA
$6500.00

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/6165330480.html

ad:
We love our Vanagon but cannot afford to get it running well again. It has been very dependable for many years, the 4WD works very well and it is solid on the roads. Everything about it is great except that it needs some engine work now, it may have an oxidized head. This is a fantastic vehicle great for exploring and highway use. We hate to let it go but we think it could be perfect for the right owner. Cash only and serious buyers only.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 265 of 327

Jump to: