Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
furrylittleotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:

Come on Neil, be reasonable]

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Updated ad. Sorry if I let you down by jumping the gun a bit and only posting a few photos.

We are attempting to buy a home before our fellow Washingtonians arm themselves with bongs and dildoes and secede from the empire, hence the sale of the van.

Neil2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This may be the van I posted in the "stickers" thread, spotted in downtown Petersburg a year ago.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-volkswagen-vanagon/6432094643.html

1985 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfaila - $7500 (Petersburg)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1985 volkswagen vanagon westfalia

condition: good
cryptocurrency ok
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 140000
paint color: brown
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: van

I am selling my 1985 Westy, I bought it a few years ago and have used it on many road trips and for camping. It runs and drives great, I did a tune up on it this spring, replaced the fuel lines last summer, added an auxiliary battery, ARB awning and put BF Goodrich All Terrain tires on it(they have a few hundred miles on them.)

The previous owner replaced the transmission but didn't have records of it, the trans does look newer and it has the transmission cooler from Gowesty. The trans also shifts well and I've never had an issue with it.

It does have some rust, a few dents and the canvas tent on the pop up could use replacing.

I really hate to get rid of it but I'm about to buy a house and won't have anywhere to store it, my loss is your gain though!
Please text or email me if you have any other questions! SevenFiveSeven846SixSixSix8
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Well, I hope they updated the wire harness to the newer type of fuses along with the '86+ headlights.... I am guessing there is either a problem with this being a junk advert, or a problem with the title being from a different van. Add to that the issue with only two photos, and those being pretty crappy as well... Stay away, would be my advice.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Well, I hope they updated the wire harness to the newer type of fuses along with the '86+ headlights.... I am guessing there is either a problem with this being a junk advert, or a problem with the title being from a different van. Add to that the issue with only two photos, and those being pretty crappy as well... Stay away, would be my advice.

Or maybe its an '86 but the guy's not good with dates.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
bobbyblack wrote:

Or maybe its an '86 but the guy's not good with dates.

In any case, it looks like the one I mentioned above. We were antiquing in Petersburg that day and I found this. Compare left sides. I probably checked the VIN for the year code but do not remember what it was. I first posted this find 23 months ago, possibly during the PO's tenure.

And the pix from the "stickers" thread, in case anyone goes to check it out.

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I hope the people bidding this up squint hard at that decal and realize it's *not* a Syncro but a thyncro…

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This one looks pretty good with less than a day to run.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Wow!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2130124
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
Wow!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2130124

He had that van listed about 6 months ago for about $5K less. I noticed it then and though it looked pretty nice. Tough time to sell syncros right now for some reason.
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Seems like a good one and the lingerie reference is priceless.
sexy van
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2130558

I should have copied the text. That went quick.
espo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/d/volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia/6446305906.html

Seems like a great deal for a later model, even with the rust. The round headlights make it a bit confusing at first glance, but the windshield sprayers are where they belong...
dustinwor
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

espo wrote:
https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/d/volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia/6446305906.html

Seems like a great deal for a later model, even with the rust. The round headlights make it a bit confusing at first glance, but the windshield sprayers are where they belong...

alot of random paint chips , is that yellow showing through? possible repaint and rust coming back ?
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Apparently her husband passed and left her with several vans to get rid of.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-vanagon-silver-grey/6443865352.html
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Electric Vanagon for Sale, no affiliation Reply with quote

No affiliation....

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Electric - $6200 (Belfast)

1986 Volkswagen Vanagon Syncro Electric conversion. Hasn't been in use for a few years. Needs batteries. Body is very solid. Does have some seam rust. Locking rear differential. Can include a Westfalia for a poptop conversion for extra cash. Please contact with any questions. (207) 323-9852
https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-vw-vanagon-syncro/6446366854.html
[email protected]

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Imagine a Vanagon needing multiple DANGER signs after the gasoline fuel system has been removed.
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-volkswagen-vanagon/6452507833.html
Quote:
1985 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - $13500 (London Ky)

Selling our 1985 VW Westfalia Camper. Engine Swap with low miles done by BOSTIG. This Boston MA. company professionally builds components and installs 2.0 Ford Zetec motors into vw vanagons. Rebuilt 4 speed manual transmission, new gas tank, fuel lines, fuel pump. Wheels and tire upgrade. New Stereo. New 3 window canvas. Yakima side loader brackets. 3-way fridge, stove and sink. Sleeps 4. Clean interior with proper floor mats and area rug. Has two tears in front seats and some repairable rust on the body. Road trip and van life ready. Call or text. Located in London KY.

210k on the clock. Repairable rust. Hmmm.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ELO78 wrote:
Quote:

Selling our 1985 VW Westfalia Camper. Engine Swap with low miles done by BOSTIG. This Boston MA. company professionally builds components and installs 2.0 Ford Zetec motors into vw vanagons. Rebuilt 4 speed manual transmission, new gas tank, fuel lines, fuel pump. Wheels and tire upgrade. New Stereo. New 3 window canvas. Yakima side loader brackets. 3-way fridge, stove and sink. Sleeps 4. Clean interior with proper floor mats and area rug. Has two tears in front seats and some repairable rust on the body. Road trip and van life ready. Call or text. Located in London KY.

That's a decent price for a Bostig/Zetec Westy. Has the new style cradle and HC oil pan. The air intake could be easily updated. Conversion alone costs $7-8 grand. Body looks to be OK. I'd say jump on it.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ELO78 wrote:
Quote:

A very nice van at that price! No pix of the kitchen wall outside though.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com

Last edited by Jake de Villiers on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wontfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

WOW. Here is a photo of the galley side. It could be much worse. I'll post it on CL tomorrow.

ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Sorry for any confusion. I'm not in the market for another Westy. My "hmmm" comment was on the "repairable rust." Sure, everything is repairable, but at what cost? I will agree that the kitchen / galley side rust doesn't look too bad (in the photo) -- we've all seen much, much worse! Good luck on the sale; it feels like a good deal. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 273 of 327

Jump to: