Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Peacevans in Seattle is selling the following, 1987 manual full westy with 2.4L GW motor install, $27k

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-great-van/6455987970.html

Peace Vans is a Seattle based VW camper van specialty shop. We rarely sell vehicles (1 per year?), but we have one we are seeking to sell. We purchased this from a customer a few months ago to roll into our rental fleet. We prefer to rent automatic transmissions and have decided to not convert this to auto and then rent it, hence our desire to sell it instead. We would not have bought this van if it weren't in rust free, excellent condition. We simply see so many vans we can be a bit choosy when we buy them. We are particularly picky for vans we are going to end up renting out as we don't want to own that headache so to speak.

Although this is an as-is, no warranty sale, we did do considerable work on the van to make sure it is road trip worthy for you from Day 1. In addition to a complete end to end inspection we just completed:
- Replacing stock 2.1L motor with very strong running 2.4L GW motor. This motor came out of one of our personal vans has been babied it's entire life. Motor has 65,000 miles on it
-Full Rear Brake Job
- Drain, flush and refill transmission fluid
- Full coolant system overhaul
- Fuel system overhaul in conjunction with motor including new fuel tank
- New 3 window acrylic tent with pop top refresh
- Full interior and exterior detail

The van is relatively stock and we have left it that way to allow the new buyer to customize to their specification. As a full service Vanagon shop we will perform any and/or all of the following before you pick up for 15% of our retail prices.
- Upgrade to 16" wheels/tires
- Upgrade bumpers to GoWesty or RMW style steel bumpers
- Camping system overhaul - installation of aux battery system, upgrade fridge, addition of Propex heater, etc. We have multiple configurations of these packages we can discuss.
- Headlight upgrades

Overall, the van is in excellent shape. There are two body dings - the slider door was repaired about 10 years ago, and while the quality of the repair is excellent, the paint is showing it's age. There is a small dent on the driver's side rear quarter. Neither of these are rusting out nor to be addressed. Peace Vans is happy to take care of these for you as for the same 15% discount.

The van is also ready to pick up and drive away today as is.

Thanks!
NOLAvanADV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

New to TheSamba. Thinking about checking this van out. Any thoughts/questions I should ask owner?

https://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1987-volkswagen-westfalia/6458771458.html

Thanks
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

NOLAvanADV wrote:
New to TheSamba. Thinking about checking this van out. Any thoughts/questions I should ask owner?

Thanks

Not a true Westy but looks like a quality conversion and very reasonably priced. Ask him to sell it to you.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Never driven by pets!!!

https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-volkswagen-busvanagon/6455647466.html

1989 Volkswagen BusVanagon Vanagon GL Westfalia - $10000

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1989 Westfalia

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

1989 Volkswagen (VW) Vanagon Westfalia for sale, in great condition. Original 2.1L engine, manual transmission. She's running well, tuned up, CLEAN and ready to go camping! Never driven by smokers or pets. Interior and camping equipment are in GREAT condition, mostly original! Includes pop-top canvas tent with screens, all original seats and upholstery (except cargo area carpet, which has been replaced with cork flooring), full curtain set including the elusive wraparound front window curtain and a moon-roof cover, cushions for top and lower beds, full kitchen with double-burner propane stove, original Dometic fridge, sink, etc.
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

^^ I saw that one too, but it kind of felt fake to me...would you agree? If it is real it would be pretty sweet, but ads with one perfect picture always lead me to scratch my head a little...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Could be a typo or he copied and pasted the advert. He said pop top with screens plural instead of singular. I just don't get these craigslist ads that only put 1 picture or no pictures.
zuma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This is a bogus ad, I contacted the seller (it was posted for sale in CA as well) and they tried to get me to put money up front on a fake ebay site; I reported it to CL and ebay but they seemed to have done nothing about it Buyer beware!>

campism wrote:
Never driven by pets!!!

https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-volkswagen-busvanagon/6455647466.html

1989 Volkswagen BusVanagon Vanagon GL Westfalia - $10000

1989 Westfalia

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

1989 Volkswagen (VW) Vanagon Westfalia for sale, in great condition. Original 2.1L engine, manual transmission. She's running well, tuned up, CLEAN and ready to go camping! Never driven by smokers or pets. Interior and camping equipment are in GREAT condition, mostly original! Includes pop-top canvas tent with screens, all original seats and upholstery (except cargo area carpet, which has been replaced with cork flooring), full curtain set including the elusive wraparound front window curtain and a moon-roof cover, cushions for top and lower beds, full kitchen with double-burner propane stove, original Dometic fridge, sink, etc.
benandmj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
Peacevans in Seattle is selling the following, 1987 manual full westy with 2.4L GW motor install, $27k

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-great-van/6455987970.html

Not sure I'll call that a good deal...
NOLAvanADV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Reached to the owner and asked a few questions trying to get an idea if this is something I should take on. He is the owner for the last 10 years and recently replaced clutch, starter, new computer, and distributer.

So the bad I know of (haven't seen the van yet): a few small rust spots on the body, needs new tires, brakes, and probably vacuum lines replaced.

Says it runs very strong and I'm a few hundred miles away but it will make the trip no problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks for the help!
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I'd probably go look at it in person and if everything check out, buy it before someone else does. Then I'd put new tires on it and check the brakes out before driving it home.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

NOLAvanADV wrote:

Reached to the owner and asked a few questions trying to get an idea if this is something I should take on. He is the owner for the last 10 years and recently replaced clutch, starter, new computer, and distributer.

So the bad I know of (haven't seen the van yet): a few small rust spots on the body, needs new tires, brakes, and probably vacuum lines replaced.

Says it runs very strong and I'm a few hundred miles away but it will make the trip no problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks for the help!

Good lord, man, you haven't bought the thing already? It's already been more than a week!
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This is on my local CL. Seems like it could be a good deal...

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-vanagon-westfalia/6470765538.html

Hans
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Wish there were more than one picture... seems likely a fake, but perhaps it's someone's next gem...

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/d/for-sale-1987-vw-vanagon/6473072860.html

Hero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Selling my doka

Link

listed here on classifieds.
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Title is missing. For the right price, worth it for the diesel parts? (engine conversion. But then carriers are likely the early style so....)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/rare-1982-vanagon-campmobile/6451455436.html

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
Title is missing. For the right price, worth it for the diesel parts? (engine conversion. But then carriers are likely the early style so....)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/rare-1982-vanagon-campmobile/6451455436.html

Neil.

Yeah, I passed on an '82 diesel for this reason (also, no 5-speed in '82) and because it was half-buried. Getting it home would have been an extreme hassle even at the bargain price.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

a sunroof chassis for $900
if that were closer to NY it'd be on it's way to my place..

Vanagon Nut wrote:

Neil.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

No pics of the inside make me wonder…I don't expect much but some of the others that look like a crime scene or home invasion stay with me.

Tempting, for all that. Even if just to clean up and get it running to pass along.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Buying bulk? This person appears to have several Vanagons for sale:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-vanagon-silver-grey/6443865352.html

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
Buying bulk? This person appears to have several Vanagons for sale:

Indeed. I wonder what the story is there? There are couple of VW shops in town and maybe someone brought work home with him.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 274 of 327

Jump to: