Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Double slider Syncro!

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/1989-vw-vanagon-syncro-non/6552458213.html

1989 VW Vanagon Syncro non locker - $9000 (Northern Va)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1989 VW vanagon syncro

VIN: WV2ZZZ25ZKG119158
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 44000
paint color: yellow
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: bus

I tried 3 times to post this on ebay but had 2 non-payments and 1 guy who decided 3 days after the auction close to start asking questions already in the listing. So I decided to try to do a local face to face sale.

1989 VW Vanagon Syncro Double Slider
72,000 KM on the odometer roughly 45,000 miles.
The VIN is WV2ZZZ25ZKG119158

This syncro was legally imported from Belgium in 2016 using Busman from theSamba. It has all the import documents from CBP and EPA. It is titled in Virginia. It is not registered because it will not pass inspection (it currently has a KM only speedometer). I have a NOS MPH speedometer the correct 1600 for a syncro. I did not swap it because I wanted the next owner to change the odometer on their own. The vehicle is titled as having 44,000 miles on it.

So once again. It is titled in VA the vin is in the DMV system. It is not registered and does not have inspection. So you will need to purchase a trip permit from the DMV link below.
https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#temp_permit.asp
Once you replace the speedo the van should pass inspection without problem and registration will follow after. Also the van can be registered as an antique so you can bypass emission. But, I don't foresee any problem having it pass emissions.

The double panel door is not a model offered in the US. I believe in its past life this was a delivery vehicle. This syncro does not have lockers.

It has a dome vent on top of the roof that can blow air in or suck the air out. It is pretty neat, but you could weld over it if you really wanted to. There is also a small cutout to the right of the steering wheel. I have no idea what that was for.

The van also does not have power steering, but an oversized steering wheel. It also has indications that it had an impact on the driver rear corner. It was fixed, but there is evidence of it. The engine looks good and clean. There is also a thick undercoating underneath.

The van only has a rear bench and non-swivel front seats.

The van also has curtains which are a bit strange. I am thinking it was added later in life.

Ok here are some of the issues the van has:
1. Driver side door lock sticks. It will need to be pulled and cleaned.
2. There is rust bubbling up under the front windshield, other window seals and over the driver rear wheel arch.
3. The fuel gauge does not work it will need to be replaced ($35-$50 for the part).
4. The tank strap on the driver side is starting to rust. In the future, this will need to be replaced. It will need the transaxle/engine be dropped. Parts plus labor will be about $1000. My mechanic told me even if the straps fell off the tank isn't going anywhere. The engine and transaxle are good and run strong so this job should wait until there really is a reason to drop either.
5. The fuel level sender needs to be replaced for the gauge to work. The part is about $60 dollars on gowesty. You do not need to drop the engine/transaxle to replace this.
6. The previous owner had a webasto that he pulled out and there are some switches. I haven't chased any wires so you will have to address that. Does not effect driving.

I just got the van back from Valley Westy in Staunton, VA DBA Complete Auto Care. I can give you Keiths number if you have any questions about the van.
He worked on the brakes, replaced the fuel lines (you should know the importance of this), and did a tune up on the engine. Since it is a syncro it does have a lot of pep compared to driving a westy. The engine runs well. It starts right up even during this cold snap we are having. Originally coolant/fuel gauges did not work which led me to believe it was a voltage regulator. Keith diagnosed it and fixed the coolant gauge so that works.

I can add a box of new window seals (van cafe) if the sale price comes close. It will be good to replace if you decide to work on the rust around the windows. The panel door seals won't work though because they have the chrome trim, but I'm not 100% on that.

The van is in Northern Virginia. You are welcome to inspect in person depending on my schedule. I will not let a person test drive unless they purchase the trip permit from Virginia DMV because it does not have plates or inspection. I will drive the person around the neighborhood a short distance.

I prefer pick up but it is up to the buyer to arrange shipping. The van just got a tune-up, brakes adjusted and rear drums turned, fuel lines replaced and other components inspected. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this a long distance home if you wanted to fly in and drive back. That being said it is still almost a 30-year-old van. I would have AAA premier, personal car insurance with roadside assistance, and money in the bank in case something happens. You could also rent a Uhaul car hauler for about 50 dollars a day. That is how I got it too and from the shop.

I tried to be accurate and honest with this posting. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. I will try to respond as fast as possible. I have no problem with having a mechanic come by and take a look as long as it works with my schedule (I cannot drive it to a mechanic). There is no warranty for this van. I am not a business just a guy who bought too many vans.

This is a link to an album with more pictures.

https://ibb.co/album/eCk8wF

Any potential buyer is welcomed to come take a look. The engine will be cold and you can start it up.
I forgot to add that I did buy a working fuel gauge that will be added with the NOS mph speedo. Also I have grey westy captains chairs in really good condition if the van sells for a good price. If not I can broker a price after. To address some of the rust forming under the front windshield I will also throw in a window seal kit from busdepot. If I get asking price I will also throw in a vanagonlife light bar bracket with a 52in led light bar.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

LoL thats me! I was about to just post it on the classifieds here. But I will just leave it here. PM me for info ! It was imported by Busman... not saying much but its all legal.
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2163359

I know this DoKa well. I did a bunch of work on it after it sat for 15+ years. The seller has omitted: GW big front brake kit w/ proper Euro imported non-ps late spindles; GW full 15" alloy rim and tire set up; complete front end rebuild: rack bushings, in/out TR ends and boots, upper and lower BJs, all bushings; all brake hard lines and soft lines; rear brakes all new; all four brake backing plates; full GW SS exhaust system, 2 new axles (GKN); H20 system rebuild: pump, front to rear coolant hoses, any suspect hoses, etc; Bilstein shocks at all 4 corners; complete fuel system rebuild: fuel tank, pump, all hoses w/ correct FI raed stuff; all ignition components. All electrical gone through: alternator, battery, wipers, horn, blower etc. Basically it went from stationary to road trip ready. There were thousands spent to make it "right". Yes, it's had an older ugly enamel repaint but it's a solid rig. I think it's an absolute bargain for $9K.

VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I think this one looks good, I'd love to try to pick it up myself, but not the right time...

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-volkswagen-vanagon/6550599625.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

VAEV1993 wrote:
I think this one looks good, I'd love to try to pick it up myself, but not the right time...

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-volkswagen-vanagon/6550599625.html

If it is still available after being on CL 8 days then something is wrong....

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Could be the start of the great Vanagon Mania price crash of 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

raoul mitgong wrote:
-d

And to think we've been worried about nuclear war.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

we'll have the biggest the most beautiful the most vibrant the most powerful in all the lands..

campism wrote:
raoul mitgong wrote:
-d

And to think we've been worried about nuclear war.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Price crash. Here's one.
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/1981-vw-van/6560157274.html

What the hell is all over the dash. Looks like a plastic bag.

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

AZ Landshaper wrote:
Price crash. Here's one.
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/1981-vw-van/6560157274.html

What the hell is all over the dash. Looks like a plastic bag.

That one's worth it for the jalousies and the roof rack. That dash is...I don't know what that is.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Agree on Jalousie's but only if they've got screens..

And... I think the dash thing is something like what my Granny put on her couch and chairs... At least it reminds me of it. The furniture was NEVER enjoyed.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Wow, a lot of rat poop in there. Ask for a Hantavirus discount.

shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Check the back door out on this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanag...mp;vxp=mtr
VWagabond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Somebodies got too much time on their hands.
87 Syncro GL
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

That was on the wall of shame thread a little bit ago. Think of all the weight that could be saved if they didn't use kitchen cabinets
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Maybe not a good deal, but it looks like a nice van.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-syncro/6563102148.html

1987 VW Vanagon Syncro - $24000 (Linden)

1987 VW Vanagon

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Van is done right. Where do I begin? 103k miles. Ok, S.A. Grille, T3 sway bar, OldManEmu shocks, VanCafe Syncro TinTop springs, BigBrake kit, RMW bumpers front/rear w/Hella lights on brush guard, BigShot Shifter, GoWesty mats inside, it does have the rear differential LOCKER and it does work, pretty good paint w/vinyl wrap on front that matches well and no rust at all anywhere!!! Mercedes wheels with new tires. Runs great. Just had $1800 dollars in repairs, lots of odds and ends. Slave cylinder and front wheel bearings. Head gaskets about 2k miles ago. It is a passenger van w/the Zbed in rear. Smoked out lenses front/back also. That's a damn good rundown but I'm sure I'm forgetting something. ARB awning will get thrown in if decent deal is made. Serious inquires only. Will do partial trade on a Weekender Westy and you'll have to add a little money to that.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

84 tintop wolfy
84 Volkswagen Vanagon - $2500
https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/d/84-volkswagen-vanagon/6563603714.html

Quote:
Unfortunately this old Weekender has been acting as a storage container for the past couple of months. After a hell of a run to the west coast and back, the dreaded overheating has taken another VW Bus victim. A quick look from someone wiser than me on the subject has confirmed that a head gasket is blown and potentially a cracked head. That being said, this has quickly gone from roadtrip aficionado to a project bus real quick.

This is an 84 Vanagon Weekender. The body is in really good shape, the only noticeable blemish being some slight rust below the gas tank cap. The interior has been modified to what I wanted it to be, including some wood shelving, but the original back two rows of seats have been compromised. Other than that, the interior is in good shape as well.

The overheating was a surprise to me, as this old girl is in really great shape other than the consequences of the overheating. Over the past 2 years: new water pump, new thermostat, new fan switch, new engine temperature sensor, new belts, new tires, new tie rods, new front brakes/rotors, new CV boots, new steering rack, new fuel lines.

Point being, she's not trashed, just more than I want to get into at the moment. I've had some great time, many backyards, driveways, highways, and national parks with this girl. She's seen coast to coast action. She's climbed a 12,000 ft mountain in Rocky Mountain Ntnl park. We got rejected trying to get into Canada together. In the right hands, her exploring days are not over.

Please call if you're at all interested. I'm flexible with this thing.

-Taylor, 865-804-0284

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

1987 Full Westy w/ 2.5L Subaru, $20k asking, Seattle WA area
https://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/d/volkswagen-vanagon-subaru-25l/6552184927.html

from ad:
A wonderful 1987 Volkswagen Vanagon for sale. Have had the van for over 12 years. During this time, converted the engine to a 2005 2.5L Subaru engine which has a little over 50k miles. The swap was done by Small Car Performance in Tacoma. Has had all routine maintenance. Has newer paint and all the mechanicals are in perfect working order- fridge and stove both work. Have all maintenance records from my time with the van and from previous owner. Has been cared for well- only flaws--the interior door panels could be updated and tint redone. Asking $20,000 obo. Motivated seller.
HackAl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2167543

Looks like a good deal on an East Coast van. 1982, but 2.1 installed. Body looks good. Nice extras.

Ever consider temporarily trading your van? Join the list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

$24.5k 1989 Vanagon Westfalia camper w/ GW2.2L engine, propex, etc
Seattle, WA

ad: https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/1989-vw-westfalia-camper/6577429965.html

From ad:
Illness forces sale.
This is a beautiful camper with a spotless body and paint.
Flawless interior.

• 129,000 Miles, everything works including 3-way fridge
• New Jensen stereo with Bluetooth and backup camera
• Propex furnace with separate battery under driver's seat
• 2.2 GoWesty engine with approx. 20,000 miles, and automatic transmission
• Air conditioning and cruise control
• New propane tank and regulator
• New fuel tank and fuel pump
• ARB awing, front mounted 2" receiver hitch for bike rack
• New South African 16" wheels with Kokian WRG3 215/60/16 tires
• New Bilstein shocks, tie rod assembly, and alignment
• Tune-up with new engine hoses and seals and battery
• All owner's manuals and records
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 277 of 327

Jump to: