Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 324, 325, 326  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Kombi///M3 wrote:
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/1989-vw-vanagon-caravelle/6592648828.html

Agreed. That looks like a nice bus. I wonder what the original configuration was? Six captains chairs? Neato. Imported with a 2.5? Or was this updated with SA bits (motor, grills, later). These things are way past my knowledge base.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Kombi///M3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I believe the 6 capt chairs is the original lay out.
Even the side mouldings are original I think.
Curious on the front lower grill..no holes thru the
Slats. Where’s the Rad? ..
driverdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/82-vw-vanagon-93-subaru-engine/6591687607.html

$12K seems like a good deal for a westy with a subaru engine. Don't know anything other than what the ad says.
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

It is a european Caravelle Carat! The interior is genuine. I think someone later put the inline 5 cylinder in the Carat. Exterior parts like both grills and rear bumper are aftermarket parts.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Pics look good, have at it.

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-westfalia/6599951775.html
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Broseph Stalin wrote:
Pics look good, have at it.

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-westfalia/6599951775.html

Looks good although some pics of the undercarriage would be helpful.

New canvas is nice. Details on the rebuild and other updates would also be helpful. A warranty on the motor that is “good for another 100K” would put some value behind that statement.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Quote:
1991 Volkswagen Vanagon - $8700 (Koenig and Guadalupe)

Selling my 1991 VW Vanagon. 7 Passenger with bed and table. Runs, Drives, Stops. Take it home today.

The van is powered by a 2010 2.5 liter Subaru motor mated to a rebuilt 4spd transmission.
The body has 214k miles on it and the motor/trans has ~40k miles on them. You can monitor the engine with your phone, I'm including a bluetooth OBDII reader to monitor the engine(see pics)

New items
Rear disc brake conversion (Burley Motorsports)
Tires,
Rims,
Brakes,
Hi torque Diesel starter motor for easier starts,
Stainless steel coolant lines,
Tail light lenses,
Front heater shutoff valve,
Fold out table latch,
South African Grill (round headlights)

Including a roof rack and an ARB Awning already attached this gives you a nice front porch.

I've owned the van since 2009 and have done all of the above and more to the van.

I've driven it to Durango Colorado several times and all around Texas.

The van has factory AC and it does work right now - however the factory system is just not very good and I would recommend to remove the factory and invest in an in-dash unit as sold by SmallCar. It will keep you cooler in these Texas Summers.

The van has a "Z bed" that folds out to a size between full and queen.

This is a solid van and I'm selling this only because I've got too many vehicles and not enough driveways.

If you have any questions call me.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-volkswagen-vanagon/6603457706.html

Some nice and expensive upgrades. Drive it as is, or add a hightop!
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

just popped up in Fort Collins, CO

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-volkswagen-westfalia/6604170265.html

1984 Volkswagen Westfalia - $5500 (Greeley)

Quote:
1985 volkswagen vanagon westfalia

condition: good
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: van

Its in great fantastic condition for it's age!!! Has new tires and battery. Interior is very nice, and all the appliances work properly. Everything inside is nice and clean. The outside body of the exterior is in great shape as well, with minor rust in a couple spots. It has a 1.9 liter engine. It's been parked for some time, around a month or so. I'm not sure of the issue or problem but I do not have the funds For a mechanic to take a look at... The Ignition turns over and cranks but does not start I don't know the reason why?

I am open to all reasonable offers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kombi///M3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-westfalia/6611929856.html
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Kombi///M3 wrote:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-vw-vanagon-westfalia/6611929856.html

That looks like a good deal…hmmm…

I think the urge for a second is related to wanting to apply what you learned on your first one…"Nope, not that way, do it *this* way…"

Prolly doesn't start cuz the ground is disconnected…shhh, don't tell him.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Is it the lighting that is making the color look different on the front? Either way it looks like a good find for someone.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Seller says I am the 6th interested party…I may as well skip it. No idea how high the bidding will go but safely above the ask in this area. He could ask twice that and get some interest.

EDIT: gone/delisted by 4pm

So which one of you scored it? Very Happy

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/1984-vw-vanagon/6596108820.html

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Here's that Caravelle again, totally wild. The interior seriously must be stock or some coach-builder /Westy outfit type thing?
New to me, never seen this particular setup.
And the 2.5L 5cyl..?
Again...cool stuff and looks very WELL done..and the body work/ bumpers...neat..

https://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/ctd/d/volkswagen-vanagon-caravelle/6614248740.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Bub wrote:
Here's that Caravelle again, totally wild. The interior seriously must be stock or some coach-builder /Westy outfit type thing?
New to me, never seen this particular setup.
And the 2.5L 5cyl..?
Again...cool stuff and looks very WELL done..and the body work/ bumpers...neat..

Very cool...One of these popped up a few years ago. From DClymer:

That's actually a real VW model. The Caravelle Carat was the top of the line Vanagon in Germany. It had six individual bucket seats and a raised floor in the center area. A lot of them were used as mobile executive offices. Others were used for airport limos.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=274540&highlight=executive++carat

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I'd love to have one of those. If only Uber would work for older vehicles!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

Huh, maybe I dreamed it, but I thought I saw "Uber Classic" for those Uberists' who want to ride in style!?!?
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

There's one in the classifieds, albeit with a stock motor and no body effects:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2181326

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

probably a scam? If it isn't, it's better then a lottery ticket
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-volkswagen-bus-vanagon/6622276751.html
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I think the price is missing a zero… Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 324, 325, 326  Next
Jump to:
Page 279 of 326

Jump to: