Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 324, 325, 326  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JudoJeff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Featured ad here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2457139

Deep pockets required, but well written ad that’s a model on how it should be done.

Looks like a beautiful rig that will be a joy to own. (I have no personal relationship to this, just like the looks of it.)

Before you complain about the cost, keep in mind many folks buy for less, but spend more in the long run!
1986 Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper, Bostig Sold May 10, 2021
1999 Ford GTRV Westfalia camper (30% bigger Westy layout)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

that's Chris Dixon, he's a professional writer and offers a vanagon inspection service..

Advertiser:dixoncj
Name:Chris Dixon

JudoJeff wrote:
Featured ad here:

Deep pockets required, but well written ad that’s a model on how it should be done.

Looks like a beautiful rig that will be a joy to own. (I have no personal relationship to this, just like the looks of it.)

Before you complain about the cost, keep in mind many folks buy for less, but spend more in the long run!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

That's a real bargain when you look at what you're getting!

The best of the best and no skipping the hard parts. Nice van! Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Super nice Carat. Seems like a great deal ~ either for a wasserboxer rebuild using kits available these days or a conversion.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php...262HXFnf9E
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
that's Chris Dixon, he's a professional writer and offers a vanagon inspection service..

Advertiser:dixoncj
Name:Chris Dixon

JudoJeff wrote:
Featured ad here:

Thanks guys. I was out in my driveway with my wife today looking over Luna, and she was like, "are you sure you want to sell her?" I'm like, of course not! At the same time, we're just not putting her to much use besides local beach treks and such since the kids got big and we got a pull behind camper. Pretty sure I have a buyer. Man, it's going to be painful when she leaves the driveway for the last time. I think my next project will be electrifying either a Vanagon Westy or a Microbus with my nearly 12 y.o. son. Take our time and have it done when he's ready to drive. I remember when I wrote the NYTimes article on Syncros way back in the day and Ron Lussier (aka Coyote) said he was gonna keep his Syncro til he could one day electrify it. I wonder if he ever did...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

VW Bus or Vanagon 15" steel wheels - $425 (Charlottesville or Staunton)

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/wto/d/charlottesville-vw-bus-or-vanagon-15/7282913439.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Brand new unopened GoWesty VW Vanagon/Bus 15"x 7" black steel wheel set, of 4. Includes the nuts and bolts for 2WD. 15"x 7" wheels are better for finding tires that have more options (AT tread, etc.) and are safer (load rating for vans) than stock 14"x 5.5" wheels. These cost $480: $360 + $120 shipping... so you save and they are ready to go now. I also have brand new center caps, for less than paid for, if interested. Google the wheels or try this link. https://www.gowesty.com/product/wheels/25242/15-inch-steel-wheel-set?v= I can email my receipt from 2/5/21.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

An '83 Westy in Las Vegas for $10k off of FB marketplace

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/522201865429013/
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/monterey-1984-vw-westfalia-vanagon/7294560973.html

This one is way back from what was invested.
Stefanosdc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Squidfish wrote:
It was posted a while back for sale, in a PDX private garage where it appears to have been living for sometime happily and cared for. I'd defineitely be in on this one if in my budget currently.

I see you got a 1985.5 Wolfsburg.are you pretty knowledgeable about the year and could possibly answer a few questions about and or pics. Thanks so much for your time.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Semi-rough looking '80 but it has a Sube swap (no engine pix).

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/henrico-1980-vw-westfalia-vanagon/7302823046.html

1980 VW Westfalia Vanagon - $12,000 (Richmond)

fuel: gas
odometer: 100
title status: clean
transmission: manual
1980 VW Westfalia
Runs very strong, lots of new stuff.
Rebuilt Suburu engine
New clutch
New tires and wheels
New pop up
New shifter
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Interesting front end treatment and roof rack.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1288569731539044
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Interesting front end treatment and roof rack.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1288569731539044
I’d have to lose that spare tire mounting in the front if it was mine...l. Shocked
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I really like how shiny everything is!!!

And, IF I ever had to carry a 20+ foot boat on top, sure, I might be insane enough to make that kind of mod for a rack... Ever had the thought "I wonder how strong this A pillar is?" But a Westy? Huh.. I'd probably do that with a tintop.

Oh.. when things go wrong for whomever gets it, I'll be interested in the rims, as I need to invest in a Winter tires spare set, and those match what I've been running.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

And, IF I ever had to carry a 20+ foot boat on top, sure, I might be insane enough to make that kind of mod for a rack... Ever had the thought "I wonder how strong this A pillar is?" But a Westy? Huh.. I'd probably do that with a tintop.

Oh.. when things go wrong for whomever gets it, I'll be interested in the rims, as I need to invest in a Winter tires spare set, and those match what I've been running.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

"Wally" looks like a terrific deal for someone.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2993999737549849
deadaheadub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:

Eight duplicate posts? I know mistakes happen to the best.
Did you know there is a "delete post" option?
Past loves: '65 Bug, '70 Westy poptop, '64 Squareback project, '76 Westy tintop "Loose Lucy", '76 Westy tintop "Sharee"
Current:'84 Westy poptop "Ramblin' Rose- Rosie" w/ 2003 Subaru EJ25 conversion
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

deadaheadub wrote:
bobbyblack wrote:

I see what you did there. Unless there's a glitch in the matrix and your double post about the octuple post wasn't intentional?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Hilarious. I wonder how many times this post will be reposted...

deadaheadub wrote:
bobbyblack wrote:

deadaheadub wrote:
bobbyblack wrote:

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Actually, I see the problem, posts to this thread seem to be encountering this error leading to repeated attempts to post and duplicate posts. Reported to the site admin.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I am checking into it.

If you get that error:
Your message is posted, don't resubmit or you will just post a duplicate.

It only appears to be happening in this thread so I think there's someone watching this thread that has a wacky broken email - weird.

Update:
I tried clearing out any old users who hadn't logged into the site in years that were watching the thread to see if that fixed it.
It didn't work so I had to clear out everyone who watching this thread.
That solved the issue.
Please click "Watch this topic for replies" again at the bottom of the page if you want to get email alerts for this thread.
Thank you for letting me know and sorry for any inconvenience
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 324, 325, 326  Next
Jump to:
Page 311 of 326

Jump to: