Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWGIRL's parts yard expedition day. (photos)
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwjedi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: VWGIRL's parts yard expedition day. (photos) Reply with quote

So I finally made it down to Micanopy to see my freind Lauren's legendary home. Why legendary you ask? Because she is a young woman with a Vdub addiction that shadows most guys I know. She seems to have some kind of German steel magnet in her yard as they just find their way to her house. Her latest acquisition is a 91 Carat Vanagon that arrived yesterday, since I am daily driving one I thought I would come peep it over with her.

When I pulled into her driveway you find her 3 daily drivers depending on what suits her that day. A superb 98 Mexi-beetle with an electric operated roll back top that is kind of a combo ragtop and convertable. You California guys are probly familiar. Also a 74 Super beetle and a monkey turd green bay window westy.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A majority of her collection is old watercoolers, rabbits seem to be multiplying back there like,.....well, rabbits do. I used to have an '82 so I kinda reminised. While poking around looking for the old aircooled stuff I ran into the parts yard guard, actually there were several but this badboy was the captain for sure, he would just about cover the palm of your hand! I showed respect. Shocked

He was mainly looking after a stash of 66 decklids, a body and these bumpers of which I bought the very straight looking one with rusty over riders for a very fair price. It will get cleaned up and go on the rear of my '63 ragtop project beetle. Very Happy

The 66 had a sweet looking old Sears radio in it, she didn't seem to want to come off it? I will have to work on that. Wink

This haggard looking fellow ( 70's squareback) was chilling with a Superbeetle and a couple of sweet young rabbits looking like they wanted to get back out there and drop their tops "Girls gone wild" spring break style.

This was a cool/creepy graveyard a couple blocks from her place. It has some headstones from back in early 1800's.

My '63 ragtop project car had to be towed to freind's house for while our place is up for sale, it will have to be on hold status for about a month. She tracked behind the 'Noggin with no problems.

It is very interesting talking with her about the cars, she sounds more like a mom talking about her kids playing in the backyard. Laughing She is a very cool chick (and single Wink ) so if anyone lives in/around North/Central Florida check out her website. She doesn't like to part stuff out but rather sell whole cars, I mean the 66 could easily become a ratty daily and come with 2 one year only decklids, it has been for sale for $200 for some time now. Shoot her an e-mail, adopt one of her kids, ca$h talks. Cool

http://vwgirl.ramva.org/
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post.

That radio is butt ugly. Why would you want that?
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better throw some color on that beetle before Bug Jam.
vwjedi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I haven't seen one befor, butt-ugly....yeah.

Scott-Throwin' some color won't be a problem by bugjam, the bodywork is just about done. It's replacing the transmission and everything that goes with it.....and putting in a narrowed adjustable beam................and everything that goes with it. Oh yeah and instaling the new top, and new interior,and new wiring harness, and new glass and seals, and new..............................................?
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever Laughing That's alright, just bring that sweet vanagon down and we'll kick back drink some brews, listen to xm and drink some more.
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some pretty cool pics Smile my MK1 GLi is off to michigan tomorrow... so down to 24... i will miss it... they are very much like my children...

and that radio **IS** butt ugly... never really noticed how ugly it was before! wonder if it works?

I just can't wait til the garage is built!

oh and the super is a 73... you can't lower a 74 5.5" Wink

when are we campin? Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: