Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dieselnut - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dieselnut
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 04, 2021
dieselnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: dieselnut - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm starting this feedback thread for myself. Please let me know how I'm doing, not only as a seller, but as a buyer as well.

I have sold to a lot of folks on here, I tend to sell in waves. When I list stuff, I'll list a lot of it. I try to price things competively, but have no problem asking top dollar if something is worth it.

I haven't received any complaints from anyone yet, if you have a problem with me as a buyer or a seller please contact me and I'll do my best to resolve it. I have shipped items all over the world, and occasionally deliver vehicles after selling them.

If I were to critique myself, my biggest shortcoming is overextending myself. Which means I'm sometimes slow to ship, but I'm the first to admit this. Probably a symptom of selling things in waves, when I get busy I get TOO busy! But I always try to remain in touch w/ folks.

I think my best attribute is my honesty, I try to describe things very honestly. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of dishonest descriptions and transactions and hate that, and won't do it to you.

Anyway, It seems like a lot of the folks that sell split bus stuff in here get little feedback, I suppose its the old "squeaky wheel gets the grease" phenomena. If folks are keeping up on their end as sellers (and buyers too), no one is complaining and chances are you won't see their name in here as often.

So please, if you've dealt w/ me as a buyer or seller tell folks about it. And if you have a problem w/ me, please contact me personally so I can resolve it. THANKS!

If anyone needs any references before buying from me, write and I'll gladly provide a list of buyers from this site as well as my eBay feedback.

Last edited by dieselnut on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jerry J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought several items from Dieselnut and have been very pleased. The last item was a bakelite fuse box and this thing was packed to survive a steam roller. The price was reasonable, shipping was included so there were no problems there and John was on top of the communications.

I'm certain that I will be buying from him many times in the future since he seems to have some very cool stuff.

'58 Bug
'63 KGhia
'67 Squareback
'67 Standard Bus
'60 Single cab
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought several items from John who has fueled my early Westfalia fetish. Not only does John have some really cool items that he has found he is also very knowledgeable about them.

John is a great resource to talk with and has always treated me fairly and the products he sells are as represented.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought 77 lbs. of Barndoor stuff from John.

The parts were as pictured, he gave me shipping updates via email, and they were packed well.

He strikes me as a top notch guy from his posts and email communications and I would buy from him again anytime.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
toyfield
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Slow shipping Reply with quote

John has not shipped it in 10days after he was paid on the 18th Feb to ship on the 23rd Feb as he does not ship every day, OK, now 6mar he says he now shipped today 6Mar??? He did not notify as we had to remind him. Maybe OK but it has been long enough to let us know. We needed this due to travel plans
Toyfield
dieselnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several schools of thought when it comes to dealing with people and sales. One is that the customer is always right. Along those lines, I've issued P&C a full refund via paypal.

There is another school of thought that says sometimes people are unreasonable. I informed you of the two blizzards that we had here within a week's time, both were highly covered in the media. (The weather here was the top story on the Drudge Report Saturday for example.) I explained how the first storm delayed my return from Boston several days (I was driving) and the second closed the roads (and the post offices) here for a couple of days.

I explained this to you in several emails & admitted my fault in letting you know reactively instead of proactively. I tried to make it right by offering to cover the postage to your next landing spot, etc. You declined these offers of help, but were awful quick to complain on here. (You informed me of no time constraints ahead of time either, for that matter.)

Honestly, I think two weeks handling time is reasonable given the circumstances. You don't obviously. I'm the first person in this thread to admit I can be slow, nothing really new there, but I had plenty of help this time. I guess I can thank you two for reiterating what I said about myself in the first post.
shane morgan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: purchasing vw bus from dieselnut Reply with quote

I have just delt with John in purchasing a older vw bus. He explained to me up front it may take some time until he lined things up to close the deal. John kept in touch with me,keeping me confident with my trust in the deal and him. The gentlemen even went out of his way to deliver the bus to me the whole way on the east coast. When I got the bus it was in better shape than what he explained which is uncommon these days. I look forward to doing buisness and talking and visiting with him in the future.I believe this man is also in it for the pure love and disease of vw's not just to make a quick buck.Even if you dont happen to buy anything from this man. Drop him a line sometime, he is a encyclopedia of V-dubs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

He strikes me as a top notch guy from his posts and email communications and I would buy from him again anytime.

He's from Iowa.
Would you expect less?? Very Happy
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dieselnut wrote:
There are several schools of thought when it comes to dealing with people and sales. One is that the customer is always right. Along those lines, I've issued P&C a full refund via paypal.

There is another school of thought that says sometimes people are unreasonable. I informed you of the two blizzards that we had here within a week's time, both were highly covered in the media. (The weather here was the top story on the Drudge Report Saturday for example.) I explained how the first storm delayed my return from Boston several days (I was driving) and the second closed the roads (and the post offices) here for a couple of days.

I explained this to you in several emails & admitted my fault in letting you know reactively instead of proactively. I tried to make it right by offering to cover the postage to your next landing spot, etc. You declined these offers of help, but were awful quick to complain on here. (You informed me of no time constraints ahead of time either, for that matter.)

Honestly, I think two weeks handling time is reasonable given the circumstances. You don't obviously. I'm the first person in this thread to admit I can be slow, nothing really new there, but I had plenty of help this time. I guess I can thank you two for reiterating what I said about myself in the first post.

You did the right thing and tried to take care of your customer. Look at who you are dealing with. P&C have had problems with others, search their feedback. THEY seem to be the unreasonable ones.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a set of EMKA shot glasses and other items from him. They were exactly as described.
buddyparks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is super easy to do business with!
1960 dove blue so 23
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a floor mat from him.

Nicely packed and arrived safely.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good seller!
codeMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although we did not do business he was very upfront in his communication and answered my questions with professionalism.
Kudagra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hes so great why cant he CONTROL THE WEATHER!?!?!?!

Just kidding.

Im still searching for the right type 2 and I will be checking out his ads when I do because of what I have read.

So...wish me luck and Ill be purchasing from you in the future.
Ricky f
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of all the transactions i've done over the years on the samba. john has been the best seller i've dealt with. "customer service" sums it all up. thanks john.
mattirobi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the bumper, well packaged and as described. Thanks, Matt
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Good communication just stopped Reply with quote

John and I were communicating on a couple of items and then the communication just stopped. Hope everything is OK....John are you still out there? Anyone heard from him since late September?
Thanks, Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamblanda
Don't Disgrace The Eddy!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm eager to know what happened, too. I hope everything is OK.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Good communication just stopped Reply with quote

Tom Mohr wrote:
John and I were communicating on a couple of items and then the communication just stopped. Hope everything is OK....John are you still out there? Anyone heard from him since late September?
Thanks, Tom

My last communication from him was on November 27th. I have not been able to reach him by email since that date. He still owes me some parts, but I expect he'll come through eventually.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: